Home

PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

This is a discussion on PS4 M19 Offseason Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

EDIT : So, if anyone hasn't followed or wasn't aware and happens to come here for the 1st time just to check out the thread.... after making a draft prospects roster the last 4 years I'd decided NOT to do one this year. I was just going to "fix" someone's for myself since all I do is "play now".

Was gonna' edit the teams the Cowboys play since that's all I do. Just don't have it in me to make the rosters anymore.

But, after a few things occurred... one, no decent rosters appeared that I felt I was happy with, two, CJ2K100 started a draft prospects roster and was then joined by mar4380 and they made 230ish prospects together before CJ finally went through with what he'd been saying for some time... and was done creating guys.

Three, mar4380 took over and created the entire draft plus quite a few UDFA's. Unfortunately, he didn't feel "right" about sharing the roster after finishing the project. After initially stating he'd consider releasing/sharing the roster if donations/tips to his paypal account "got high enough" he changed course and then made the requirement to release based on social media followers.

Being that this was going on in the thread I'd made originally to see if any new up and comers were interested in doing what I used to do - and wasn't interested in doing any more - I didn't feel it was right and decided to edit the prospects ratings/appearance and add 21 more prospects to them as well as make all the adjustments I've made in the past to the roster - and release a draft prospects roster one final time.

With CJ's blessing, I went ahead and did that. Unlike the last 4 years, I DO NOT have every draft pick in the roster. As of 5/21/19 it's missing 17 6th round picks and 25 7th round picks. It does however have around 40ish UDFA's. I hope to add the missing 6th rounders but won't be getting to the missing 7th round picks (unless a certain player or players is/are specifically requested).

In the past I've released the roster with 100+ days remaining 'til the next Madden came out. That didn't happen this year, but from the early feedback, the roster is still very good and definitely playable so that you'll have something to hold you guys over 'til M20.

The name of the file is HTOWN5933DRAFT2019. Enjoy!

Hey guys, many of you will remember me from the past few years with my Draft Prospects rosters.

For the last couple of years I've told myself I wasn't going to do the prospects this year, only to give in and do them (last year with the help of AZDAWGPOUND making a large number of the prospects).

This year, I finally believe I'm going to stick to my just "fixing" someone else's draft prospects roster.

However, with the draft class option this year and so many people who play franchise, I don't even know if there will be any rosters available with prospects in them.

I'm creating this thread to find out if there's still enough guys out there who do not play franchise mode and do more "play now" than anything.

That's all I've done since they've taken season mode out. I just don't have any interest in all the "fantasy" stuff that happens in franchise mode. I miss actual rosters being in tact throughout a season.

Anyway, I went ahead and downloaded Thomas' 2019 draft class just to take a look at it. And the thought hit me - I wonder if there's anyone out there who has the time and energy I used to have that would be interested in maybe "copying" the prospects via the create a player for a play now roster.

One thing I do when having to make someone who's no longer in the roster or stuck on IR on an old team (i.e. Kareem Hunt, Le'Veon Bell, etc) is I'll just use my phone and take pics of each screen, then use the pics to create the new player. It's quicker and easier than creating from scratch, ratings and all.

So, I thought that doing that with Thomas' prospects would be easier - still time consuming obviously, but easier - than creating from scratch like those of us have in previous years with draft prospects.

Again, there may simply not be enough interest in a play now roster with the addition of custom draft classes in this year's game.

Just thought I'd check and gauge the interest, if any. I have an offseason roster with all future/reserve contract guys on their respective teams and all the offseason moves current - including using no retired numbers. Depth charts also include teams that have changed defenses (i.e. a 4-3 to a 3-4 and vice versa). Also fwiw, my Bell and Hunt have pics and experience - weren't created but rather copied over an existing player. My Witten was made by copying over retired Benjamin Watson - so he has 14 yrs exp but obviously no pic, just a generic pic as I had to change skin tone and face. The pic doesn't really look all that much like him, but in game it definitely does lol.

If you want to check it out, the title is "Offseason2019" by H-Town5933 (and let me know if you see any issues with your team).

If anyone is interested in maybe copying prospects and placing them in the free agent pool like those of us who've made draft rosters in the past do, let me know. Maybe we could work together and I keep up with the moves and you copy prospects. (but, please be pretty detail oriented - it's so easy to make mistakes when doing these)

(oh, and no I wouldn't feel bad about copying his prospects - the dude stole my entire roster the day after the draft was completed last year lol)

If not, I completely understand. Thanks!

Last edited by htown5933; 05-21-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PS4 M19 Offseason Roster

Can’t wait brotha, it’s crazy how there’s under 500 prospects this year when there’s usually like 700

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-24-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
Can’t wait brotha, it’s crazy how there’s under 500 prospects this year when there’s usually like 700

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is a perfect year for me to stick with my "I'm not doing the prospects this year" mantra (only to give in the last couple years) with the Cowboys not having a 1st round pick.

I'm not quite as hyped as in the past 'cause of that.

But still, as it gets closer, I am getting that itch again lol. I just know I don't have the determination to stick with it this year. Last year, I stayed up 23 hours straight after the final day of the draft just to release the roster Sunday morning. I just don't have that stamina and drive anymore lol. Or the patience to stick with making 10ish guys a day up until draft time.

When I was making Bell, Hunt and Witten I realized the ratings categories have changed this year. There's more, they're out of order, etc. And people get mad or upset when you leave defensive ratings at the default numbers for an offensive guy, vice versa, etc.

It is SO time consuming changing positions and editing throw power and accuracy (for example) for guys that will never throw a ball. Frustrating.

If there's any play now rosters out there with prospects I may end up just using one of those or creating high profile guys, idk.

I just hate resorting to that 'cause of all the work I've done on my current roster. In addition to the moves, the depth charts, no retired numbers and the Cowboys equipment/accessories being updated lol.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are the contracts up-to-date?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabeekill1
Are the contracts up-to-date?

Isn't the only way to mess with contracts in CFM?

I don't play CFM. I don't mess with contracts. I used to have to reduce ratings when the salary cap was turned on even in play now in order to drop the contract amount on occasion to get a guy signed, then return the ratings to normal. Seems like EA took that off (finally) though.

Last edited by htown5933; 03-24-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
Isn't the only way to mess with contracts in CFM?

I don't play CFM. I don't mess with contracts. I used to when the salary cap was turned on even in play now. Seem like EA took that off (finally) though.
Think you are right, I'll see myself out. Great roster though!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #7
MVP

OK, I can't believe I'm considering this one...

But, would anyone be interested in doing the RATINGS ONLY - if I were to create the prospects, get their skin tone, face, birth date, hometown, equipment, etc as close as possible like I've done in the past - then someone who enjoys reading the scouting reports and/or is familiar with the college guys go through and handle the ratings?

I could provide a speed chart I've used in the past, but the rest would be up to you.

Just a thought (yes, I'm getting that draft itch a little lol).

I'm not 100% sure I'm wanting to do this, but it was just a thought that crossed my mind as I looked at the download community files and no one really has the prospects in a play now roster - which is what I kinda' feared.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
OK, I can't believe I'm considering this one...

But, would anyone be interested in doing the RATINGS ONLY - if I were to create the prospects, get their skin tone, face, birth date, hometown, equipment, etc as close as possible like I've done in the past - then someone who enjoys reading the scouting reports and/or is familiar with the college guys go through and handle the ratings?

I could provide a speed chart I've used in the past, but the rest would be up to you.

Just a thought (yes, I'm getting that draft itch a little lol).

I'm not 100% sure I'm wanting to do this, but it was just a thought that crossed my mind as I looked at the download community files and no one really has the prospects in a play now roster - which is what I kinda' feared.
I have done this for years.. but it just becomes so much work and then I don't even really use the file that much.. I would consider helping on this doing the ratings.. here are some thoughts to consider

Roster File Size - Last year you were only able to create so many players before the file was full.. so you could change some of the lower level rookies or young players in the roster file to new rookies .. but I have contacted a guy on twitter who works at EA to find out the roster file size this year. Sometimes he answers me sometimes he doesn't... I remember last year I started this project and stopped at about 32 rookies when I was not able to create any more players and got frustrated.. EA adds so many players in the preseason that the roster file size gets so large and there is a cap # of players that can be in each roster.. you could start with the default roster from release of game but you would be missing so many players it would be even more of a headache.

Do you know how many players can be created this year?
Have you started creating players?

I would think the first move would be to quickly create a bunch of generic players in a secondary roster file to find out how many created players can be made in the file..
Check out PS4 Madden 20 Roster file in Madden19 at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namYI1dXrKE

Donations can be made at: PayPal: [email protected]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »