Home

MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

This is a discussion on MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

Every single season of MyLeague that I play, I consistently see the following problems:

-Great teams (Ex. the Bucks) are barley making the playoffs while, for god knows what reason, terrible teams like the Hawks, Knicks and Cavs are winning 40+ games a season.

-The playoffs are a joke. In my very first season that I simmed, the championship was between the 8th seed Suns (Why are they even in the playoffs to begin with?!?!?!) and the 4th seed Pacers. The Warriors (#1 Seed) and the Rockets (#2 Seed) both lost in the first round.

-The pace of the league is way, wayyy off. There's like 4 guys a season who average above 25 points per game, guys like Anthony Davis and Giannis only average around 24 PPG even with their shot tendencies at 100, and a handful of teams are averaging well under 100 points per game. (I know this season has been played at a historically high pace, but this is a very slow pace compared to past seasons as well).

-Why the hell does every G-League and 2-Way player turn into a beast? I don't want to see Jarnell Stokes, who averages a whopping 2.4 PPG for his career, randomly turn into an 80 overall who averages 15 a game. In real life, you see this every once in a while, not every single time a player signs a 2-Way contract.

-Awards are broken. Clint Capela averages 19 PPG and 15 RPG and didn't make the All-Star or All-NBA team. Blake Griffin (a career 21.8 PPG player) won most improved player while averaging 23.6 PPG (Which isn't even a career high for him!), Steph averages 33 PPG and wins MVP every season. All-Defensive teams are based solely on who has the most steals and blocks, you'll never see a guy like Avery Bradley or Andre Roberson make the All-Defensive team.

-Players barley shoot free throws, guys like Joel Embiid who average 10+ FTA in real life very, very rarely average above 7 FTA in-game.

-These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I'll add to the list when more come to mind. Bottom line is that the game mode has had these problems for a very long time. Why does 2k continue to ignore them? Have they decided to just give up on the mode altogether?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

Re: MyLeague's problems MUST be addressed to save the gamemode

right now Start Today has a literal game breaking bug where the game crashes after like 3 games. It's been going on for a week and 2K hasn't said a word. I visit a place like the NBA 2K subreddit and it's all about "players pushing cheese in online, and pink diamond someone or other, or how viable is this player build" and it becomes frighteningly obvious that all the attention is put into money-making microtransaction modes. It's happening to all the sports game, just a complete takeover of online based career modes and fantasy card collecting modes.

With that being said, MyLeague is easily the most refined and realistic franchise mode I've ever played, but it's true that the sim engine has it's problems. And like I mentioned about the bug above, it's becomes clear that the mode isn't a priority. It's sad because I buy sports games to roleplay as a GM and watch my teams and my decisions play out on screen with a faithful reproduction of the real life game (something text-sims can't provide), and I feel as if I'm a minority and no longer a focus because I only give $60 every year, not $60 + endless amounts more for VC
Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Yeah the whole start today bug is extremely annoying. Uninstalled then reinstalled the game twice now but no dice. And not a word from 2k. Not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-22-2019, 01:20 AM   #4
Just started!

Re-downloaded my draft class and it worked for me. Dumb error smh.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:15 AM   #5
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasnc3
Re-downloaded my draft class and it worked for me. Dumb error smh.
Start Today works for you now with no error after simming a few weeks?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2019, 07:00 AM   #6
Banned

fabritrvdel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
Yeah the whole start today bug is extremely annoying. Uninstalled then reinstalled the game twice now but no dice. And not a word from 2k. Not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

I'll copy a comment I posted on the bugs thread:

Guys I contacted 2k support via email and I'm currently explaining the bug to them and how to reproduce it. Tonight I'll forward a video to them where I reproduce the bug on XB1. I also informed them that many users had the same bug on PS4. Let's hope to get it fixed soon.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

And the under shot tendancy bug after the first year, and the broken contracts, and the broken mentor mode, the list goes on...

This is my first 2k since 2k15. I had a franchise going in 2k15 through the 2030 season with no major issues aside from having to manually edit draft classes and contracts for realism. I actually like the gameplay this year, but I haven't been able to get into a long franchise because these myleague problems bother me so much. This game is like 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'm ready to say that the Gleague progression is mode breaking. Im entering year 5 of my ML and the Gleague guys have screwed up teams and their caps.

I turned off teams automatically calling guys up last season. Well, the teams arent calling them up anymore. But, the players are still progressing to 79s and 80s overall from Gleague play. They have these inflated attributes for close shots and 3s. The teams are signing these guys while leaving guys like Jalen Brown and DeAndre Ayton as free agents. Teams are signing these Gleague guys and abandoning their own first round picks. So, 1st round picks with actual potential are rotting in free agency while these janky Gleaguers, who have maxed out as their potential is an 80 at most, take their place and go nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »