Home

Easiest solution to rotating inter-league play

This is a discussion on Easiest solution to rotating inter-league play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Easiest solution to rotating inter-league play

If auto generating is too tough and we are in the seventh season of the current format. Take the last six seasons of actual schedules and rotate them through. So the 2020 season in game would use the actual schedule from 2014 and so on. Nobody is going to care that the 2025 schedule is the same as 2019 and this way all other teams are played in every 3 year span.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Easiest solution to rotating inter-league play

They currently have a version sort of like that. Each team in a given division rotates their schedule with each of the other teams in that division.

Last edited by dalger21; 03-14-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
Sort of a version currently like that. Each team in a given division rotates their schedule with each of the other teams in that division.
They need to switch divisions around as well. So for this year you would have:

AL West - NL Central
AL Central - NL East
AL East - NL West

For the next year, rotate the National League Divisions (as they do in real life).

AL West - NL East
AL Central - NL West
AL East - NL Central

But to do it would take a whole development for some weird reason so they'll never do it.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
MVP

Archie56's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
If auto generating is too tough and we are in the seventh season of the current format. Take the last six seasons of actual schedules and rotate them through. So the 2020 season in game would use the actual schedule from 2014 and so on. Nobody is going to care that the 2025 schedule is the same as 2019 and this way all other teams are played in every 3 year span.
I have no idea how coding works and how easy or hard it is for things to be implemented, but we have to be careful on saying things like, "easiest". Because unless you're a coder and know how things work, we really don't know how easy it is for them to put in rotating interleague schedules. I'm just speculating here, but I figured if there was an easy solution to this, it would already be in the game. Just my two cents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
I have no idea how coding works and how easy or hard it is for things to be implemented, but we have to be careful on saying things like, "easiest". Because unless you're a coder and know how things work, we really don't know how easy it is for them to put in rotating interleague schedules. I'm just speculating here, but I figured if there was an easy solution to this, it would already be in the game. Just my two cents

I am guessing same problem with rain outs and double headers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56

Easiest and easy do not mean the same thing and I know enough about programming to know that assigning set schedules is vastly simpler than something involving random generation.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man this not being in the game frustrates me to no end. I don't understand why they can't just recycle the last 6 season's schedules over and over for this. This year, they managed to botch it even more by rotating the "rival" team. I simmed with the Dodgers and their series with teh Angels turns into Oakland the second season and then the Astros the third season. Come on SDS. I admit I don't know how to code, but how hard can this be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »