Home

How do you stop driving takedown to cage?

This is a discussion on How do you stop driving takedown to cage? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you stop driving takedown to cage?

Or is it a freebie to the cage everytime? Or 100% perfect pre deny? Everytime I try to stuff it MY cardio goes down, not my opponents which is really weird too. Is that a glitch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2019, 03:52 AM   #2
MVP

Re: How do you stop driving takedown to cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Or is it a freebie to the cage everytime? Or 100% perfect pre deny? Everytime I try to stuff it MY cardio goes down, not my opponents which is really weird too. Is that a glitch?
It goes down because you keep holding deny until you get to the cage. If you pre-deny it, you'll sprawl. If you time it perfectly, he'll lose stamina. If you deny it late, you'll lose stamina as long as you keep holding deny, so it's better to concede position to the cage once you see that your stamina's going down. That way you'll be driven to the cage but you'll have your stamina.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

the driving td’s have to be bugged, there is no way there were intended to work the way they do

not to mention they count as successful takedowns lmao
Old 03-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

You can deny it, but some of the attempts that are successful can be a real head-scratcher. You've got a dude beat up, low on energy, and retreating against the cage, and then it's like they shoot out like a cannon and take you down with ease.

I don't think it's super-broken, though. That's one of those things that could use a tweak.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Just gotta pre-pre denial really. Ive def had my fair share of denials that did nothing. That whole animation needs to be more dynamic rather than just a full blown animation sequence. Takedowns in general still need to be more dynamic with more layers to it than so animation driven. The takedown ability and timing in UFC 3 never even felt as good as UFC 2. The windows were all off in this one, and the way they tried to remedy them just made it feel so unnatural. Glad wrestlers finally feel like a threat, but it's honestly still a downgrade from the last game since it feel so much more like strange video game logic.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 03-23-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 01:25 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Just gotta pre-pre denial really. Ive def had my fair share of denials that did nothing. That whole animation needs to be more dynamic rather than just a full blown animation sequence. Takedowns in general still need to be more dynamic with more layers to it than so animation driven. The takedown ability and timing in UFC 3 never even felt as good as UFC 2. The windows were all off in this one, and the way they tried to remedy them just made it feel so unnatural. Glad wrestlers finally feel like a threat, but it's honestly still a downgrade from the last game since it feel so much more like strange video game logic.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Part of what your saying has to do a lot with input delay. I am surprised that no one notices just how bad denying stuff on reaction is compared to ufc 2. I miss denials I never missed in ufc 2. EVER.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:01 AM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
the driving td’s have to be bugged, there is no way there were intended to work the way they do

not to mention they count as successful takedowns lmao
They get counted in the scorecards (bug) but actually don't affect the judging. Denying them however, is scored. I've won rounds on denying Takedowns against the cage and just hammering their head lmao.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:23 AM   #8
Rookie

how do you know they’re not counted towards scoring? (not saying you’re wrong just wondering how this was confirmed)

and those hammerfirsts can do damage lmao

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »