Home

Lost It All

This is a discussion on Lost It All within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2019, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lost It All

I'd done it, folks. Finally done it.

Put together the Halifax Whalers, built up bit by bit. Some great drafts, some gutsy trades, and what looked like a future dynasty in the making.

Friday, won our 2nd Cup in three years at the end of Year 5. Instead of relaxing with a nice break, I pushed through. I ordered in Chinese food, did my draft prep and knocked it out of the park. A new Franchise level pick, and $18M in payroll freed up to pay young players that just proved their worth in the Cup run.

After the draft and General Tso's, I could've taken another break. But I was drunk on the Cup win and draft success. I pushed through the re-sign period. All my boys taking discounts to stay with a winner. Tears in my eyes, I will have $4.5M in cap space and all I need is a backup goalie.

Fattened up on shrimp lo mein and a night of wins, I could've gone to bed. But all I need is ONE goalie, I can sim through the offseason and wait for the FA market reach my ceiling for what I'll pay/use as a 2nd G.

Oh, wait, I need to sign some scouts. I'll just put out a bunch of offers at once and sim ahead a week...

Oh no... the sim is freezing on July 5. Ah well, I'll reboot to my last save.

Oh no, my last save is AFTER the contract offers went out.

Oh no, the contract offers seem to be what is freezing my saves.

Oh no, the process of figuring this out has robbed me of my backup states pre-offers.

It's all gone.

Not looking to turn this into another bash fest where we complain about offline franchise and bugs. Just want to remind you all to keep your branched off backup unique saves updated, and know when to put the sweet and sour pork in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. Learn from my pain so it can make you a more responsible backup saver.

Was too many months of building to just start another, not sure I even want to turn the game on again.

RIP Halifax Whalers. Next year was THE year. Shoutout Dragon Delight.

My Life Is Sad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 12:46 AM   #2
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lost It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymeorreason
I'd done it, folks. Finally done it.

Put together the Halifax Whalers, built up bit by bit. Some great drafts, some gutsy trades, and what looked like a future dynasty in the making.

Friday, won our 2nd Cup in three years at the end of Year 5. Instead of relaxing with a nice break, I pushed through. I ordered in Chinese food, did my draft prep and knocked it out of the park. A new Franchise level pick, and $18M in payroll freed up to pay young players that just proved their worth in the Cup run.

After the draft and General Tso's, I could've taken another break. But I was drunk on the Cup win and draft success. I pushed through the re-sign period. All my boys taking discounts to stay with a winner. Tears in my eyes, I will have $4.5M in cap space and all I need is a backup goalie.

Fattened up on shrimp lo mein and a night of wins, I could've gone to bed. But all I need is ONE goalie, I can sim through the offseason and wait for the FA market reach my ceiling for what I'll pay/use as a 2nd G.

Oh, wait, I need to sign some scouts. I'll just put out a bunch of offers at once and sim ahead a week...

Oh no... the sim is freezing on July 5. Ah well, I'll reboot to my last save.

Oh no, my last save is AFTER the contract offers went out.

Oh no, the contract offers seem to be what is freezing my saves.

Oh no, the process of figuring this out has robbed me of my backup states pre-offers.

It's all gone.

Not looking to turn this into another bash fest where we complain about offline franchise and bugs. Just want to remind you all to keep your branched off backup unique saves updated, and know when to put the sweet and sour pork in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. Learn from my pain so it can make you a more responsible backup saver.

Was too many months of building to just start another, not sure I even want to turn the game on again.

RIP Halifax Whalers. Next year was THE year. Shoutout Dragon Delight.

I feel your pain brother - sorry to hear about that.
Hasn’t happened to me for a few titles now, but there’s nothing worse than hours of time invested being completely lost. A good reminder to your fellow OSer’s though, especially because I am about to start my Draft & FA period. Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »