Home

Jackie Robinson Mode in MLB 19 The Show

This is a discussion on Jackie Robinson Mode in MLB 19 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jackie Robinson Mode in MLB 19 The Show

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from a MLB press release on the 2019 celebrations for Jackie Robinson:

“Three MLB officially-licensed videos games - MLB The Show 19, Home Run Derby mobile and RBI Baseball 19 - will celebrate Jackie this year, with more specific details to be announced.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-to-cele...19/c-303250978
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Re: Jackie Robinson Mode in MLB 19 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrnym
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from a MLB press release on the 2019 celebrations for Jackie Robinson:

“Three MLB officially-licensed videos games - MLB The Show 19, Home Run Derby mobile and RBI Baseball 19 - will celebrate Jackie this year, with more specific details to be announced.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-to-cele...19/c-303250978
Extremely interesting find! IDK what to think exactly however. I mean, technically MLBTS18 'celebrated' Jackie Robinson with giving him an Immortal DD card and the associated Jackie Immortal card missions. They also had the Jackie Robinson timed program.

So, I'm really not sure if we can expect anything more than the above honestly.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbekoscke
Extremely interesting find! IDK what to think exactly however. I mean, technically MLBTS18 'celebrated' Jackie Robinson with giving him an Immortal DD card and the associated Jackie Immortal card missions. They also had the Jackie Robinson timed program.

So, I'm really not sure if we can expect anything more than the above honestly.
I have a feeling it’s more if they felt the need to mention it in a press release.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
All Star

The show already does it with every player wearing 42. Maybe that's what is being referred to.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The show already does it with every player wearing 42. Maybe that's what is being referred to.
Why would they put it in a press release for something they already have in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrnym
Why would they put it in a press release for something they already have in the game?
Because that's not an MLB the Show press release? It's a small part of a larger press release about how many different ways Jackie will be recognised, I wouldn't read too much into it (unless you think those other two games are also making Jackie Robinson modes)
Old 02-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #7
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Because that's not an MLB the Show press release? It's a small part of a larger press release about how many different ways Jackie will be recognised, I wouldn't read too much into it (unless you think those other two games are also making Jackie Robinson modes)
I kind of agree with this BigOscar.

This is a Major League Baseball press release. MLBTS series is probably played by such a small minority of MLB fans/viewers. I'd imagine there is still an amazingly high percentage of baseball fans that have never even heard of MLBTS video game. They're not only promoting MLBTS, but also RBI Baseball 19 (which unless I am mistaken is actually developed under MLB's umbrella now).

We'll find out this month!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
I just don’t think “more specific details to be announced” alludes to something that’s already in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »