Home

UFC 2 Headmovement fluidity

This is a discussion on UFC 2 Headmovement fluidity within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-31-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
UFC 2 Headmovement fluidity

There is no point I'm trying to make here, and no rhetoric Im trying to push. I was just bored the other night and looking through a bunch of old videos on my youtube. I was kinda surprised, looking back in retrospect, at how smooth some of the clips looked.

I'm just curious what your guys' take is on UFC 2 headmovement, compared to UFC 3's. It seems like the motion itself was way smoother, but tracking seemed a bit looser as well.

Here's a few I was looking at.

This was just me in practice mode, playing around with some headmovement. Looks super smooth, imo. Can't really move like that in UFC 3.

Using some movement frames/modes.

Floyd doing Floyd.

I dunno, to me, this looked awesome.

Whiff. Whiff. Whiff. Crackkkk.

Just a nice little pull counter. UFC 2 had these nice step in jabs that triggered off the side lean that made these counters look real nice.

UFC 3 has tremendously improved logic on vulnerability, but it seems like UFC 2 had more freedom of expression.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC 2 Headmovement fluidity

UFC 2 was definitely a lot more free-flowing. Almost too much so, but it was a lot more creative game in that aspect. Lmao @ all the debates we had about head movement around here when UFC 3 came out. It was so infuriating talking about it. It's not where I want it to be in the current game, but at least it's at a place where I can live with it.

It just sucks that we don't have the fluidity on a lot of the minor movements in UFC 3. Slipping punches is fine, but bobbing and weaving aren't very good. A lot of times I end up pulling back into a vertical position when I just want to weave to the other side, so I don't try to do it very often. It's so clunky that you'll just look like a jerking idiot.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
Pro

Im not going to lie but seeing this makes UFC 3 look extemely sliw and sluggish, this just looks far more fluid, maybe a little to fast but it does look great.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I haven't played Fight Night for a decade...so take what I have with a grain of salt, because it may not be as awesome as a I remember....

but the head movement mechanics in Fight Night Rd 4/Champion are smoother, more effective, and much more fun/satisfying than the equivalent in UFC 3.

Frazier & Hagler were my two main fighters and MAN did I love using that Bob & Weave defensive style!

UFC 3....not so much...feels robotic, clunky, and little margin for error. Little margin for error isn't a bad thing, if the mechanic was on point in other ways, but I still think head movement it's pretty elementary in this series.

Part of my opinion may have been formed because of the way UFC 3 head movement launched: A total broken mess. I avoided putting head movement into my game at ALL because it was so cheezy and I knew it'd be meganerfed, so that wasn't a good foundation....

Not sure if I have all the answers to this issue, but I would much prefer UFC 4 head movement be modeled after Fight Night than UFC 2!
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 02-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Ufc 3 forces you to play in its rules strictly. I used to be so much more creative in 2. Now its just too risky/clunky to be TOO creative. I feel like if the tools worked correctly it would be pretty balanced...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #6
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

In UFC3, You have to pre sway, its hard but its works very well.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
In UFC3, You have to pre sway, its hard but its works very well.
But with the wonky tracking sometimes you can get ko'd out of nowhere

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie

UFC 3 head movement certainly feels more clunky than UFC 2 did. As has already been said in previous posts in this thread, you essentially have to pre-sway in order for it to work well. In UFC 2 you could reactively do it. It just doesn’t feel good to use. The new controls are fantastic, and I love being able to sway while moving around, but the fluidity and responsiveness of the mechanic is certainly something that needs to be improved upon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »