Home

Whats your favorite freelance/series offense to run?

This is a discussion on Whats your favorite freelance/series offense to run? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Whats your favorite freelance/series offense to run?

I really like the implementation of the new series sets. I have only tried a few but Im loving the 21 delay, iverson series, and the zipper series. For freelance I am still struggling to find one I really like that works consistently.

I am using CelticLg rosters and Ace's HOF sliders and you really have to run great plays and mix them up to get open looks especially if you don't have a bunch of superstars.

Whats your most successful series or freelance this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Whats your favorite freelance/series offense to run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
I really like the implementation of the new series sets. I have only tried a few but Im loving the 21 delay, iverson series, and the zipper series. For freelance I am still struggling to find one I really like that works consistently.

I am using CelticLg rosters and Ace's HOF sliders and you really have to run great plays and mix them up to get open looks especially if you don't have a bunch of superstars.

Whats your most successful series or freelance this year?
In General I really like Swing, though they take out more Actions every year.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I like Iverson series too, really get my SG and SF open and if not can pass it down low for the bigs do work...

Speaking of freelance and series, I don't know why I really freelance, is like the computer telling me where to pass the ball, what to do, and I just act upon, makes me feel stupid...whereas

Series, is almost 99% the same plays every time, so I feel like I know what's happening next, and I can plan ahead what to do after each pass, and by mixing the series set with other plays in the playbook, is more than enough already to do different types of offenses, movements on the court...

What do you guys think?
Old 01-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I like Iverson series too, really get my SG and SF open and if not can pass it down low for the bigs do work...

Speaking of freelance and series, I don't know why I really freelance, is like the computer telling me where to pass the ball, what to do, and I just act upon, makes me feel stupid...whereas

Series, is almost 99% the same plays every time, so I feel like I know what's happening next, and I can plan ahead what to do after each pass, and by mixing the series set with other plays in the playbook, is more than enough already to do different types of offenses, movements on the court...

What do you guys think?
I dont get your explanation. Freelance and Series are basically the same, Freelances just in some/Most cases contain more Actions than Series.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:16 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I dont get your explanation. Freelance and Series are basically the same, Freelances just in some/Most cases contain more Actions than Series.
Is not, freelances provide way too many variences, whereas series give you almost the same stuff every possession, which is good enough to me because I like to know what the players will do, where they go before I even run the play...for freelance, I don't know what's going to be ran, because there are wayyy too many different things that can go on in just one freelance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Seems that I run the "wrong" Freelances then. I mostly use Swing and Horns and both only have like 2 different plays.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:54 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Seems that I run the "wrong" Freelances then. I mostly use Swing and Horns and both only have like 2 different plays.
Same lol, I use swing, pace and philly elbow and warriors freelances with the pelicans playbook
Old 02-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Different freelances work with different types of players. But here are my top ones that I love to use.

1. Flow: PF & C must be solid big men who can screen, while your other 3 positions must be shooters. Basically a more effective version of the 3 out 2 in offense that gets people open.

2. Warriors: All 5 positions must be able to shoot & set screens. Simple off-ball screens that get guy open.

3. Triangle: Must have a dominant C that can work the post. Everything opens up from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »