Home

MMO - General Thread

This is a discussion on MMO - General Thread within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 8
MMO - General Thread

So we used to have a subforum for online gaming, but I guess it got deleted?

Anyways, I know we do have some MMO fans around, and thought it would be good to have a new thread for us MMO fans to gather, talk about what we're playing, what we're looking forward to, and sharing any stories.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV
Just started playing this a couple weeks ago, and I'm having a blast. My only complaint has been a lack of people of people to play with so far. I'm on Behemoth server if anyone wants to group and/or help a noob.

I did want to share a, by definition, incredible story that happened to me a few days ago in this game. I'm still kind of in shock at what the odds of this happening could have been.

I started playing this game a couple weeks ago on Diabolos server. After my first week of solo playing I remembered a conversation from about a year ago with a friend and him mentioning that he played FF14. I texted him to see if he still played. He was still playing, but on another server. So, I transferred to his server, he gave me his character's name, but he was out of town so couldn't actually play/friend request me. The day after I transfer to this new server, I'm out solo leveling in some zone and come across a group PUG (group of miscellaneous players) out leveling. I helped they added me to their group and we ran across the zone leveling for like an hour.

One of the guys in this random group sent me a guild (Free Company) invite, for no apparent reason. I decided I'd accept it for now until I could meet up with my friend. Another day or so passes, and I'm looking through the guild roster trying to remember who it was who invited me. Then I come across a familiar name. I go back to the text with my name to verify his character's name. Then I sent him a text asking if he was in this particular free company.

So the in case it wasn't obvious. Here is the tl;dr version.
I started playing FF14 a couple weeks ago. I join a server a friend of mine is on, but I was unable to play with him at the moment because he was out of town. Of the 500+ guilds on the server, I get a random guild invite from someone I do not know while I'm out in some zone leveling, and that guild just so happens to be the same one my friend is part of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #2
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MMO - General Thread

I recently started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Really enjoying the character stories and the world so far.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:55 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
I recently started playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Really enjoying the character stories and the world so far.
It's been like 2 years since I last played SWTOR, but I have mostly fond memories of it. No other MMO really comes close to its quest system (the main story and instanced ones). The choices to impact how a mission would play out was always fun. I'm still not totally sure why the game never took off other than I guess a lack of stuff to do and it was maybe too easy to play solo.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:43 AM   #4
All Star

Not much traction in this one.

Well, I've been sticking with FFIV, and I absolutely love it. I have a lvl 57 White Mage which is a ton of fun to play. I'm almost done with the original A Realm Reborn story line. Early on the story was definitely pretty weak, but it has gained a lot of momentum recently.

I preordered the new expansion Shadowbringer due out this summer. Looks like it will come with all previous expansions if you purchase it will be nice for anyone looking for a relatively cheap way to get the full FF14 story.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used to be big into MMOs, but it was a really long time ago, and I still haven't heard of any that have compelled me to want to get back to it. I'll definitely follow along here to see if anything catches my attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 01:46 AM   #6
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm still playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, starting to get my Jedi Sentinel leveled to the point where I can do somewhat decent DPS. Been doing alot of raiding or Flashpoints as they're called in SWTOR.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #7
All Star

Some pretty interesting drama in the memo world today.

City of Heroes has apparently had a working private server for the last 6 years. It was run by the people who do paragon chat and started the subreddit, and it was ultra secret. One of the members of that server blew the lid though and now the entire CoX community is up in arms.

I always thought it was odd that such a popular game never had a serious emulation project. It was a fun game all those years ago.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #8
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Going to throw this against the wall.

Wondering if anyone is playing the F2P World of Warships MMO game on any of the platforms. Been hearing its much less tedious than World of Tanks with a better progression and inventory system, as well as excellent graphics and sound. Just looking for impressions as well as community participation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »