Home

1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread

Always remember: You can’t lead a team if you were never leader in the first place
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 1/15 - 1/21 Games Discussion Thread

Hahahaha

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Free League Pass thru the 20th as well, FYI.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #4
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Free League Pass thru the 20th as well, FYI.
Awesome I’m still without league pass
Old 01-15-2019, 08:15 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Awesome I’m still without league pass
Me too... I just stream from other sources lol

Lakers lose to Bulls tonight. The world might break down in LA lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Me too... I just stream from other sources lol

Lakers lose to Bulls tonight. The world might break down in LA lol

All honest Lakers fans know that we are capable of losing every game right now. The inconsistency in shooting from 3, and the abysmal free throw shooting has put us on equal footing with the worst teams in the league.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t even think the 3 point shooting and free throw shooting is their biggest issue. Obviously there could be some improvements there, but league wide the differences in those categories is pretty minimal, especially considering a free throw is only worth 1 point.

For example, Lakers are 27th in 3 point percentage while the Kings are in 2nd both shooting a bit over 30 per game. Kings make a little over 11 a game, Lakers a little over 10.. so we are realistically looking at a difference in 1 shot keeping them from being a top 5ish 3pt shooting team. And roughly only leaving 3 points on the table in comparison to a team like the Kings..

Similar with free throws. They are last in percentage and shoot 23 attempts per game. Portland is 3rd and also shooting 23 attempts per game. Portland makes a little over 18 a game, the Lakers a little over 16.. so really only a difference in 2-3 points in comparison to a top 3 team in terms of free throws..

Meaning the Lakers even though you can say “worst in the league at this” or “bottom 3 in this” they are really only leaving 5-6 points per game on the table that’s keeping them from basically being a top 5 team in both categories. 5-6 points can be a big swing, but it shouldn’t be enough to make you drop from competing against contenders to being expected to lose against even the worst teams in the league..

Their issues are mainly more so consistency problems. And I don’t see how even with LeBron and adding another star in the off-season you can expect these young guys to really allow them to compete for much if they continue to be so up and down. None of them even need to be consistently great, or even consistently good, just eliminate the games where they are awful and they would be a completely different team IMO.

Like you can’t have Kuzma go from 40 on 65+% one night to 11 on 22% the next, all the while being the least likely player on the floor to play good defense or make a play for someone else. Josh Hart is just as bad only difference is he won’t ever get you 40, or top out anywhere near a good game from Kuz.. Ingram shows flashes one game, looks like he should be benched the next. KCP maybe a bit more consistent but he’s nothing more than a role player in comparison to what the others could/should be.

They are just all over the place. I mean you expect it with young talent, but other than Lonzo typically making a few good passes and playing good defense every game none of the other guys even have 1 thing that they can hang their hat on to get you every night. Like there is no “he shot bad but we still got his 7 boards and played good defense”, nobody brings any aspect of the game at a consistent level. Meaning when 2 or 3 of them have an “off” night that’s 2 or 3 players who aren’t just shooting poorly but they aren’t impacting the game what so ever in any other way. That’s why they are losing games to the worst teams in the league.

And I realize their offensive game plan doesn’t appear to be perfect either, but it’s difficult to really gauge what it could be or is supposed to be when Kuz, Ingram, Hart, Lance, all have a first instinct of dribbling as soon as they catch the ball. Not many players who want to make quick plays for others, which also aids in their poor shooting as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 01-16-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't know anyone that enjoys players only broadcast. NBA TV needs to put a stop to it

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »