Home

Knowledge Share Request from Frosty Users

This is a discussion on Knowledge Share Request from Frosty Users within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Knowledge Share Request from Frosty Users

As a single player franchise mode user, I have tried to only use features that the CPU uses in order to balance the competitiveness of the game. To my knowledge, there isn’t a “directory” that documents this kind of information from EA. If you have come across definitive answers to this in Frosty, it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the insights. I’m confident this information will enhance the sim experience for the community.

Features that I am thinking of - use of coaching adjustments, defensive auto flip, hot routing, coverage adjustments, audibles on offense/defense ....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Knowledge Share Request from Frosty Users

Good thread, I have a ton of info. Hard to post it all at once but I’ll start off with what I have been talking about today the cpu way overuses the coaching adjustments. Turning the cpu ability to use this off drastically changed things. About the rest of coaching tendency stuff I will share pictures of my frosty settings when I get home.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

It would be probably easier to answer more specific questions about frosty. I could spend hrs talking about what u can tweak under the hood. My best advice would be to get a PC to anyone at some pt that plays Madden religiously. As long as EA plans to release a PC version for yrs to come, I'll never go back to playing madden on a console. Sliders just isnt enough tools to setup the game that you really want.

Playing:
Old 12-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
It would be probably easier to answer more specific questions about frosty. I could spend hrs talking about what u can tweak under the hood. My best advice would be to get a PC to anyone at some pt that plays Madden religiously. As long as EA plans to release a PC version for yrs to come, I'll never go back to playing madden on a console. Sliders just isnt enough tools to setup the game that you really want.

Couldn’t have said it better myself the game is unquestionably flawed from the beginning, changing things makes this a different game.

Nice to see you on pc milticket I’m not surprised though, you and I have been here theroycrafting this game a while. It’s nice to see a lot of our old assumptions about this game come to light digging in the code.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for responding guys! Was hoping both of you would find this thread and share some findings from all the work you have been doing on Frosty.

Unfortunately a transition to PC isn’t in the cards for me at this time. I’m having a lot of fun on the current patch, but I’m always wondering about what the CPU capabilities really are, when are they used, how are they triggered, etc.

From what you have found, can you determine the functionality that is used or perhaps it is easier to state what the CPU doesn’t use? Coaching adjustments are a good example of my confusion with the gameplay by the CPU. They used to declare when the CPU updated an adjustment using a banner (similar to how they now communicate when a player gets injured). I don’t see those “announcements” anymore, but I’m confident they are still being used based on gameplay. As an example, it’s easy to see when the CPU is covering the WR’s by OVR.

Overall, I’m trying to understand what the CPU does or does not use so I can avoid using an “exploit” that the CPU doesn’t have at its disposal - exacerbating my competitive advantage. Historically we have debated some of this without being able to definitively prove it. I’m just wondering if Frosty’s peak behind the curtain can prove/disprove theories on this topic.

Really appreciate any feedback that can be provided!

Last edited by ZBrewPack; 12-16-2018 at 12:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 01:07 AM   #6
Rookie

Here are some specific questions on how the CPU plays on offense:

Are audibles used?
Are run plays flipped?
Does the CPU adjust protection?
Are hot routes utilized?
Is the smart route used?
Old 12-16-2018, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Here are some specific questions on how the CPU plays on Defense:

Are audibles used?
Are coverage adjustments used?
Is defend the sticks used?
Is spotlight receiver utilized?
Is the CPU defense automatically auto flipped regardless of setting used?
Does the CPU spy the QB through player designation?
Old 12-16-2018, 03:06 AM   #8
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBrewPack
Here are some specific questions on how the CPU plays on Defense:

Are audibles used?
Are coverage adjustments used?
Is defend the sticks used?
Is spotlight receiver utilized?
Is the CPU defense automatically auto flipped regardless of setting used?
Does the CPU spy the QB through player designation?
In frosty, inside the folder marked football and then preplay folder you can adjust the chance for the cpu to audible the o-line/RB and hot route the WR's.

There is a folder named spotlight receiver and I think default is a minimum of 5 catches.

Been a few weeks since ive messed with madden, for the other questions I can't remember anything specific.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »