Home

OS The Neighborhood is needed for one of our own!!

This is a discussion on OS The Neighborhood is needed for one of our own!! within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

To all of our OS brethren out there, it is with a very heavy heart that I am putting up this post this evening. One of our long time members has reached out to me today and is on a bad road. He is in a very dark place and one that I am all too familiar with, which is why he reached out to me. He is just not in a place to reach out to anybody right now but has asked me to post so that we can send good thoughts, and whatever prayers you feel comfortable sending.

Flight or CampBlackMamba24 as he is now known is sitting in an ICU unit watching his daughter struggle to stay alive as she waits for a heart transplant. I will post some of what he sent me, but I will be editing out details that I feel he would not want to share..............

"My 20 year old daughter Amari is currently in ICU at the Children’s Hospital on life support. She has been on the transplant list for a heart for the past 18 months and on this past Tuesday she was admitted which has been the norm whenever she didn’t feel well. On Thursday evening while I visited her with my wife around 3 pm she went into distress and her heart stopped with no pulse. Bullit I had my wife taken out of the room as I watched them perform CPR on our daughter. To hear the words we have no pulse is the worst thing I have ever heard in my life. They had to bring our daughter back 8-10 times in a 2 hour period.

She’s had 3 surgeries in the last 48 hours and everything they have done is not working due to blood clots forming in her heart. We are having one last procedure on Monday, a artificial heart, but if they run into the same complications as today we are going to have let her on to a better place."

As a father who has lost his only child, I am well aware of the road and the darkness on it that this family faces. For the past 6 years of my life many of you have helped me walk this road and if not for some you folks on here, honestly I am not sure I would still be walking it.

Loosing our children is the most horrific pain we as parents can endure. So please bring the love and support you have shown me for all of these years to another family in distress. This is what we do folks, take care of own. Right now this is what we need to do.

Bullit

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS The Neighborhood is needed for one of our own!!

Super sad news. I hope she pulls through.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't know him very well but the pain he and his family must be feeling is something that I can empathize on a very small level having just gone through complications with my father's kidney transplant. May the Good Lord see fit to carry his daughter through to survive what must be a harrowing experience.

My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I teared up reading this. I can’t begin to fathom that pain as a parent. No parent wants to outlive their children and I’m not sure what I can offer here or how valuable my thoughts are. I just hope she pulls through.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
I teared up reading this. I can’t begin to fathom that pain as a parent. No parent wants to outlive their children and I’m not sure what I can offer here or how valuable my thoughts are. I just hope she pulls through.
I honestly had to stop a couple times reading that as well.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
Ice Cold

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Man, I can't even imagine. I wish I had something more to offer beyond thoughts and prayers, hoping for the best and that she is able to pull through. We're here for you, Flight.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Everyone I asked Bullit to post this because even though at times we have had some disagreements the feeling of you all as my OS Brothers have never changed.

I reached out to Bullit because he has been through a tough time of losing a child and I’m in a similar situation. Amber/Wife and I/James are close to losing our 20 year old daughter Amari. She’s been on the list for a Heart Transplant for since July 2017 and her heart has basically given out. She had a chronic blood clot on her left Apex that they did not know about even though she has had many test. I’m trying to write this as best I can so if it seems like I’m rumbling its because I’m so confused just writing.

On Thursday around 3pm she coded with my wife and I in the room. Drs were rushed in and I asked one of the nurses to take my wife out into the hallway because I felt it was not going to be good. Within a span of maybe 20-30 seconds the room was filled with about 20 individuals working together on Amari. Never did I expect to hear the words she has no pulse nor heartbeat. CPR was started and after maybe 2 minutes she was revived. Over the next couple hours my daughter coded at least 8 times.

After consulting with us she went into surgery until around 1 am and the drs told us about the clots and that she needed a LVAD but she was too weak. They told us her lungs were not functioning and they didn’t know if she suffered brain damage. They stated they would give Amari 7 days for her lungs to improve and that a CT scan would be performed to determine if she was brain dead. It that was the case a LVAD surgery would not be needed. We went home around 4 am and came back to the hospital at 7am and in that short period of time her lungs showed enough improvement that they scheduled the LVAD surgery for this morning at 8am.

I’m skipping a bit to shorten the events but during the surgery after installing the LVAD and removing Amari from life support her heart started to clog. We were told what was happening and they removed the device and placed her back on life support.

Basically now her lungs have taken a hit again and another CT scan was needed to be done so we are back to the start again. Drs have given us one last option and that is installing a artificial heart on Monday at 8am. We’ve been told that if clotting or certain complications arise that we will have to let her go on.

Everyone Lord knows we need your prayers but please tell your children DAILY how much you love them. I text my Amari tonight in hopes that she pulls through so that she sees my message. I came home tonight and gave my other kids a big hug and told them I love them dearly.

Monday we are taking our 15 and 16 year old with us to the hospital as well as numerous family members because if we have to say good bye to Amari we are going to let her go on as a Family.

Thank you Bullit and OS for being a listening ear and please continue to pray for Amari.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 12-08-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

This breaks my heart. I hope beyond hope that she pulls through for you. As a new father, this has become my worst fear.. that something will happen to my girl that I can't do anything about. I can't imagine the pain that you're experiencing and the feeling of helplessness that you can't fix it.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »