Home

Is it just me or are Roster Updates not happening as frequently as they used to?

This is a discussion on Is it just me or are Roster Updates not happening as frequently as they used to? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
Is it just me or are Roster Updates not happening as frequently as they used to?

The latest roster update (ratings updates i mean, not just trades) was like a month ago. Didnt they used to be weekly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is it just me or are Roster Updates not happening as frequently as they used to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
The latest roster update (ratings updates i mean, not just trades) was like a month ago. Didnt they used to be weekly?
I was wondering about this as well. Last 2 updates were on 10/30 and 11/15. I feel that it should be at least every 7-10 days solely because of Online Play. I jist don't want them to just wait on trades to update rosters.

I'm waiting for next update to start MyCareer. I want the adjusted rosters. 2k tends to overrate players early or after big or bad performances. I think a quarter of the season is a good indicator to how a player will perform rest of season.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Is it just me or are Roster Updates not happening as frequently as they used to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I was wondering about this as well. Last 2 updates were on 10/30 and 11/15. I feel that it should be at least every 7-10 days solely because of Online Play. I jist don't want them to just wait on trades to update rosters.

I'm waiting for next update to start MyCareer. I want the adjusted rosters. 2k tends to overrate players early or after big or bad performances. I think a quarter of the season is a good indicator to how a player will perform rest of season.
Youre really just waiting on the next intangibles update.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Youre really just waiting on the next intangibles update.
Mostly because I just finished Red Dead 2. I'm hesitant to start just because there are another 2 games I want to play first. I only play one game at a time.

I'm hoping roster update is this week. I'm off this weekend and want to start playing since after March my playing time will be very limited
Old 12-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Mostly because I just finished Red Dead 2. I'm hesitant to start just because there are another 2 games I want to play first. I only play one game at a time.

I'm hoping roster update is this week. I'm off this weekend and want to start playing since after March my playing time will be very limited
last year roster Updates came out once a month. the year before it was, where they did them more often.

but Yeah, it's Not like they are changing much besides 3pt shooting and intangibles...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
last year roster Updates came out once a month. the year before it was, where they did them more often.

but Yeah, it's Not like they are changing much besides 3pt shooting and intangibles...
I think monthly attribute updates is solid. It avoids the small sample size and "fools gold" of so many hot streaks or instances when a guy just has a good game. We even have player of the month awards. Weekly based-only-on-highlights roster updates is what killed Madden.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

User Community rosters > NBA 2k rosters.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

We had a update, where can I find the ratings that were changed? What website?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »