Home

Nascar Heat 3, few quick questions...

This is a discussion on Nascar Heat 3, few quick questions... within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nascar Heat 3, few quick questions...

So I've started playing this game with the dirt tracks and am now on the truck series about 2/3's through the championship mode. I initially started with the difficulty on about 95, and quickly moved it up to 99, which seemed to be about right for me to finish between 1st - 16th depending on track/pit/setup things.

My question...when I adjust that setting higher/lower...what is really being affected?

I know they have addressed the rubber banding issue I hated so much in the first edition...however, I think the effect of the draft is greatly pronounced. I can draft and literally fly by any car on the track, often times passing 5-15 cars in a single lap...

Are there other settings when I get to the Monster Energy series? It seems the only options I have in the first two are the individual race setups, but really nothing from race to race...or no settings for the championship other than difficulty or some basic car reaction toggles.

Edit: I did just see there is a Career mode instead of Championship...my bad, I'll try that route as well. But my questions above generally still apply. Been so into playing I didnt make it far enough down the initial menu list, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Nascar Heat 3, few quick questions...

this game is such a rare gem. It's one of the few racing titles in which I shake my head at least once every time I play it and mutter, "What a game, what a game.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:15 AM   #3
Rookie

I also bought it on a whim after briefly watching a vid and reading about it on another forum that mainly focuses on motorsport.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:16 AM   #4
Rookie

It's the most enjoyable motorcycle racing game I've played since MotoGP and MotoGP 2 on the original Xbox in 2002 and 2003. And I've played many of them since, on asphalt and dirt

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »