Home

OOTP 19 Perfect Team Launches, How to Win A Copy of the Game Inside

This is a discussion on OOTP 19 Perfect Team Launches, How to Win A Copy of the Game Inside within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OOTP 19 Perfect Team Launches, How to Win A Copy of the Game Inside

The folks at OOTP developments are releasing their new mode, Perfect Team today. To celebrate we...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
My perfect team would be comprised of a variety of players across the diamond, not necessarily the best players stat-line wise at each position. Below is a breakdown of my squad that I would aim at creating in OOTP 19.

Pitching: My dream starting rotation would be comprised of the below players. This staff composed of aces would put me in a position to win and help me move up to higher league levels.

SP – Jacob deGrom (RHP) – NL Cy Young winner who led MLB in ERA. This man was lights out in several starts this season and would have had a better W/L record if he played on a team other than the New York Metropolitans.

SP – Jon Lester (LHP) – One of my left-handed arms on my roster. Crafty veteran who puts up solid numbers on a yearly basis. 2018 saw him pitch to an 18-6 record and hopefully he won't have to complete many pick-off throws to 1B in OOTP 19.

SP – Max Scherzer (RHP) – MLB strikeout leader, emotional leader in the clubhouse. Max’s 220 IP in 2018 led MLB. I would use his IP to my advantage to allow Scherzer to go deep into games while keeping my bullpen fresh for future games. In addition, I get one of the best MLB trash talkers on my team!

SP – Jose Berrios (RHP) – Starting pitcher for my favorite team, the Minnesota Twins. Berrios had an up and down year in 2018,but really like the velocity on his fastball and has a wicked curveball that would keep batters guessing.

SP – Chris Sale (LHP) – Another crafty left-handed pitcher in my rotation. Missed time this year due to injury but put up great stats in 2018. Who wouldn’t want the person who picked up the final three outs to win the 2018 World Series on their Perfect Team?

My starting lineup would be an interesting mix of power hitting and hit-for-average ballplayers. In the end, my combination of lefty and right-handed bats would do some major damage and put opposing managers in a bind late in games as they would be forced to choose between a favorable pitching match ups or leaving a particular reliever in the game late.

Starting Lineup:

CF – Mookie Betts (R) – Leadoff batter on my squad who led MLB in batting average in 2018 with a .346 average. Betts' hitting ability would get him on base early and often which would allow me to play small ball and score some runs. He also has a solid arm in the outfield and can cover a lot of ground out in center field.

SS – Javier Baez (R) – Baez bagged his first Silver Slugger award in 2018 batting .290 with 34 HR and 111 RBI.* This guy is known for swinging at pretty much everything in real-life which leads me to believe he will swing at most pitches in OOTP 19. I am willing to take this risk with my perfect team.

LF – Giancarlo Stanton (R) – Adding another power hitter to my lineup, Stanton hit 38 HR and 100 RBI in 2018 with the Yankees while batting .266. Stanton ranked first in Runs Created (RC) for left fielders in 2018 with a rating of at 106.2. I would not expect anything less from this guy on my team. Also, batting Bryce Harper behind him in the lineup would subject Stanton to less intentional walks.

RF – Bryce Harper (L) – MLB’s top free agent target signs with…my perfect team! Even though Bryce Harper’s batting average dropped (.319 in 2017 to .249 in 2018) this past year, I would still be all-in on him joining my club. This guy can rake with the best of them and I would bat him cleanup with the simple objective of obliterating baseballs and emptying the bases every at-bat. In addition to his hitting, his cannon arm in the outfield would help my team in OOTP 19.

3B – Nolan Arenado (R) – Arenado would be my pick at the hot corner as he ranked in the Top 10 in several sabermetric categories for 3B in 2018. Batting .297 with 38 HR and 110 RBI, he would provide a solid bat behind Bryce Harper. Also, with Stanton/Harper/Arenado batting right/left/right-handed respectively, opposing teams would have to pick between a favorable pitching matchup or bringing in a relief pitcher to offset the alternating batting styles.

1B – Anthony Rizzo (L) – Rizzo averaged at least 25 HR and 100+ RBI each of the last four years, and that consistency earns him a spot on my team. In addition, Rizzo bagged another NL Gold Glove award in 2018 and his defense at 1B would be a great asset as well. Also, as a bonus, he would be experienced in handling pick-off throws from Jon Lester when he is on the mound :-P

2B – Jose Altuve (R) – Let’s face it, I would add Altuve to my team based on the amount of heart and dedication he brings to the ballpark day-in and day-out. His .316 batting average led all second basemen in 2018 which adds a nice boost at the bottom of my order.

DH – Nelson Cruz (R) – Let’s get one thing out of the way. “Chicks dig the longball!!!” Cruz has hit at least 35 home runs and batted in 90+ runs in each of the past five seasons in MLB. This would give me some added pop at the bottom of my lineup. On a completely unrelated note, I am a fan of the designated hitter which is why the DH position is on my starting roster. Play Ball!

C – JT Realmuto (R) – Solid catcher who hit .277 with 21 HR and 74 RBI for the Marlins in 2018.* In addition to his hitting prowess, JT ranked 2nd in MLB in caught-stealing percentage at .382 (threw out 21 runners while 34 to reach base). Having a strong arm behind the dish would be critical for my team’s success.

GO TEAM!

Last edited by coopsta007; 11-28-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Jose Ramirez
SS - Francisco Lindor
3B - Alex Bregman
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Mookie Betts
OF - Giancarlo Stanton
DH - J.D. Martinez

SP - Jacob DeGrom
SP - Aaron Nola
SP - Max Scherzer
SP - Chris Sale
SP - Blake Snell
Old 11-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would like to put together some of the oddest names in baseball. My team would consist of:
Pitchers
Urban Shocker SP
Cal McLish SP
Oil Can Boyd SP
Dick Pole SP
Boof Bonser SP
Kent Tekulve CP

Pickles Dillhoefer C
Razor Shines 1B
Shooty Babitt 2B
Pie Traynor 3B
Pokey Reese SS
Johnny Dickshot LF
Chicken Wolf RF
CoCo Crisp CF

Honorable Mention
Biff Pocoroba
Tim Spooneybarger
Wonderful Minds
Rusty Knutz
Cannonball Ledell Titcomb

Old 12-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #5
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OOTP 19 Perfect Team Launches, How to Win A Copy of the Game Inside

I'm a lifelong Indians fan, so I'd build a team of my favorite Tribe players from the 70's to the present:

CF - Kenny Lofton
2B - Roberto Alomar
1B - Jim Thome
DH - Albert Belle
RF - Manny Ramirez
SS - Francisco Lindor
3B - Jose Ramirez
C - Victor Martinez
LF - Grady Sizemore

SP - Corey Kluber
SP - Bert Blyleven
SP - Gaylord Perry
SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Dennis Eckersley
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I'd have to build my all-time lineup around my Mets.

1: Jose Reyes SS
2: Yoenis Cespedes LF
3: Carlos Beltran CF
4: Mike Piazza C
5: Darryl Strawberry RF
6: David Wright 3B
7: Keith Hernandez 1B
8: Wally Backman 2B
9: (Pitcher Spot)

SP: Tom Seaver
SP: Dwight Gooden
SP: Jacob DeGrom
SP: Ron Darling
SP: Jerry Koosman

SU: John Franco
C: Billy Wagner
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

I started playing this mode the other night. Kind of a cool concept, but can see it being overrun by the big spenders!

It got me to open OOTP again, so mission accomplished!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Winners should receive a PM shortly.
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »