Home

I still don't understand how the "Get your body kick cought" Block works.

This is a discussion on I still don't understand how the "Get your body kick cought" Block works. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
I still don't understand how the "Get your body kick cought" Block works.

Title...

Pretty Much, i still don't understand when the head block works or gets your input ignored, once the opponent catches your body kick.

Half the time it works, half it doesnt...

I've tried figuring it out, by pre-pressing R2 before my kick is cought, by press R2 right after my kick is cought, R2 as my kick is about to cought, R2 as my opponent's punch is about to reach.

Can someone explain exactly how this system works?

Last edited by manliest_Man; 11-17-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I still don't understand how the "Get your body kick cought" Block works.

Honestly, it seems to just work for some and not for others.

I’m in the camp of it never works, no matter what I try. Resulting in an easy rock for my opponents which is usually a fight changer.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #3
Rookie

As far as I was aware, the punch will always inflict some damage. The block just dampens the damage?

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

This is a copy-past from my EA UFC 3 Meta file, i hope it helps:

CATCH KICK:
Against Body kicks/Body knees/Head kicks transformed into Knees on close distance - by Low Block (L2+R2). NOT against Head Kicks (w/o transformation into Knees on close distance) – no Catch kick!

Any Kick in Combos can be caught (for ex, after Jab; not only when Kick is the 1st strike of a Combo).

VS Round Body kicks/Knees/Kicks transformed into Knees on close distance (for ex. Front Body kicks or Head kicks) – [on its Execution/Startup phase] (may holding) L2+R2. [If before Startup] (may holding) L2+R2 - will be Blocking, not Catch kick.

VS Front Body kicks/Straight trajectory kicks – [no timing] (holding) L2+R2 - it's automatic with Low block, no timing necessary.

Always try to JUST Body Blocking, NOT pre-emptive holding Body Block: [on Strike’s Execution/Startup phase] (may holding) L2+R2 – if will be a Kick, so I will Catch kick or body Blocking at least.

[While Swaying FWD (ducking) if the opponent throws a Body kick] possible to Catch kick a knee/shin to my face.

AFTER CATCH the kick:
- free TD - by (click) RS towards the opponent.
VS free TD after Catch Kick: but it can be Denied by GB!

- free sweep the legs Tripping on the ground – by (click) X or ˜ circle(NO modifiers).
VS free sweep the legs Tripping on the ground: it can be Denied by GB or Blocked…………..?

- free Punch to the Head – by (click) square or triangle (NO modifiers).
VS free Punch to the Head: it can be Blocked by R2 – but defending only from 50% of damage.
- [No input during 2 sec] release the leg.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Title...

Pretty Much, i still don't understand when the head block works or gets your input ignored, once the opponent catches your body kick.

Half the time it works, half it doesnt...

I've tried figuring it out, by pre-pressing R2 before my kick is cought, by press R2 right after my kick is cought, R2 as my kick is about to cought, R2 as my opponent's punch is about to reach.

Can someone explain exactly how this system works?
Just hold block when you throw a body kick, whether you expect someone to catch it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
This is a copy-past from my EA UFC 3 Meta file, i hope it helps:

CATCH KICK:
Against Body kicks/Body knees/Head kicks transformed into Knees on close distance - by Low Block (L2+R2). NOT against Head Kicks (w/o transformation into Knees on close distance) – no Catch kick!

Any Kick in Combos can be caught (for ex, after Jab; not only when Kick is the 1st strike of a Combo).

VS Round Body kicks/Knees/Kicks transformed into Knees on close distance (for ex. Front Body kicks or Head kicks) – [on its Execution/Startup phase] (may holding) L2+R2. [If before Startup] (may holding) L2+R2 - will be Blocking, not Catch kick.

VS Front Body kicks/Straight trajectory kicks – [no timing] (holding) L2+R2 - it's automatic with Low block, no timing necessary.

Always try to JUST Body Blocking, NOT pre-emptive holding Body Block: [on Strike’s Execution/Startup phase] (may holding) L2+R2 – if will be a Kick, so I will Catch kick or body Blocking at least.

[While Swaying FWD (ducking) if the opponent throws a Body kick] possible to Catch kick a knee/shin to my face.

AFTER CATCH the kick:
- free TD - by (click) RS towards the opponent.
VS free TD after Catch Kick: but it can be Denied by GB!

- free sweep the legs Tripping on the ground – by (click) X or ˜ circle(NO modifiers).
VS free sweep the legs Tripping on the ground: it can be Denied by GB or Blocked…………..?

- free Punch to the Head – by (click) square or triangle (NO modifiers).
VS free Punch to the Head: it can be Blocked by R2 – but defending only from 50% of damage.
- [No input during 2 sec] release the leg.

Literally none of this addresses the topic question.

This is a relevant topic made by OP. Color me impressed. This is something I’ve brought up multiple times with several topics and have never gotten an answer. This mechanic is bugged and has been from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Literally none of this addresses the topic question.

This is a relevant topic made by OP. Color me impressed. This is something I’ve brought up multiple times with several topics and have never gotten an answer. This mechanic is bugged and has been from the start.
After trying to block the incoming punch on reaction and failing 100% of the time, I figured that the animation doesn't match the time window you have to block the punch.

I think it's simply about who pressed first. If the attacker hits square a frame or two before you hit R2, you get hit and vice versa. Haven't tested this at all though so I could be wrong.

Either way, you should just always optionselect block whenever you body kick to avoid this entire problem.

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 11-17-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Rookie

jdeckelmansr's Arena

You also should be able to have a control scheme set up to pull away from the fighter or to throw a punch of your own if you kick is caught. Just because your kick is caught doesn't mean you can't fight back or try to pull out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »