Home

Can someone point me towards a fix to FA signing in Franchise Mode?

This is a discussion on Can someone point me towards a fix to FA signing in Franchise Mode? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

LittleWall's Arena

OVR: 2
Can someone point me towards a fix to FA signing in Franchise Mode?

I've stopped playing this game because anytime I get to the off season i can never sign a free agent. I have tried so many different options...

- Have 40 guys on 40-man
- Have 35-38 guys on 40 man
- Draft and take low budget players while having the biggest budget.

I have done so many different combinations and every single time I go to sign a player I get "You can no longer afford this contract. The offer has been withdrawn."

I want to like this game and play it again now that it's the offseason, but I just get so frustrated.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Can someone point me towards a fix to FA signing in Franchise Mode?

How many players do you have unsigned that are arbitration eligible or contract renewable when you receive that message?

The game sits back a certain dollar amount to sign these players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
How many players do you have unsigned that are arbitration eligible or contract renewable when you receive that message?

The game sits back a certain dollar amount to sign these players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah more info is needed. Even when I had enough budget to sign Lester to the cubs at a high annual salary I would get that message. I had to have my minor leaguers signed to account for that budget concerns before the game let me sign him. Guys are on the 40 man but may not be signed so the game holds off money until signed. I also have taken to making my renewable contracts early. Sometimes you have to wait until arbitration is resolved to see where you stand.

I’ve always been able to sign FA, I just haven’t been able to always sign the players I want.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Yeah more info is needed. Even when I had enough budget to sign Lester to the cubs at a high annual salary I would get that message. I had to have my minor leaguers signed to account for that budget concerns before the game let me sign him. Guys are on the 40 man but may not be signed so the game holds off money until signed. I also have taken to making my renewable contracts early. Sometimes you have to wait until arbitration is resolved to see where you stand.

I’ve always been able to sign FA, I just haven’t been able to always sign the players I want.
Same. I've never had an issue signing a FA in the game.

I do like you do, anyone I want to re-sign that is contract renewable, I sign during the first week off the offseason. No reason in waiting around imo. I want them in the organization I'm signing them now. And guys I'm not going to re-sign that are contract renewable, I release in the same time period.

The only time I get "hung up" is waiting for arbitration hearings in February. Other than that, I know how much money I've spent and where its going, and therefore have the ability to sign free agents.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-14-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Same. I've never had an issue signing a FA in the game.

I do like you do, anyone I want to re-sign that is contract renewable, I sign during the first week off the offseason. No reason in waiting around imo. I want them in the organization I'm signing them now. And guys I'm not going to re-sign that are contract renewable, I release in the same time period.

The only time I get "hung up" is waiting for arbitration hearings in February. Other than that, I know how much money I've spent and where its going, and therefore have the ability to sign free agents.

Yep, sign all my contract renewable players immediately at the start of the offseason and release those that I don't want anymore. I also make sure to release my free agents that I'm not interested in keeping and I've never had an issue signing free agents.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »