Home

VS tactics list for STAND UP

This is a discussion on VS tactics list for STAND UP within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
VS tactics list for STAND UP

As i see some separated threads about "How to deal with Knee" and so on, i though this thread can be helpful.

This is a copy-past from my EA UFC 3 META file, w/o additional editing.

> Ask if you need, Correct me if you think i am wrong (b/c is outdated with the patches), Add if you find something new - i will continue to update this list for our community.

> Another point - is to make a PRIORITY grade for several tactics under one VS point (#1 - the most usable, the last # - the most rare using tool). Now tactics are NOT in Priority sequence.

I have more VS info for Stand up, across my file - but it need some time to gather it and add to this thread later + i have similar VS tactics lists for Clinch and Ground game (they need to be complicated too).
__________________________________________________ ____

STAND UP TACTICS:

1) WALKING:
- Always try to move away from the opponent’s Rear hand/Leg side (b/c they are the most powered).
- Always try to stay out of the opponent’s striking range

2) STEPPING:
- BWD Step [ONLY if you successfully evade a strike in range] gives Damage bonus to my follow up counter Strike (my Straight after my successful BWD step becomes much more powerful).

3) SWAYING:
- [just after my Strike was Blocked or I Blocked opponent’s strike of his Combo] I have min 4 safe frames – which are enough to launch Sway and evade punishment or next strike of his Combo and perform Swaying strike (SS).
- Swaying L/R can combo with Hook
- Swaying Down can combo with Uppercut

4) VS SWAYING STRIKE (SS) SPAM:
SS has longer recovery on Whiff or Block > so are punishable on Whiff or Block (on Block are punishable only IF he continue his Combo instead of defending himself).
- Provoke him to Whiff > [just after his Whiffed SS] he can not Block or Sway > punish him by Hooks
- Block his SS > [IF he continue his Combo instead of defending himself] punish him by Straight. …………..If he don’t continue combo and start blocking – is my Straight guaranteed………….?
- use Hard Combos starting with Jab (swaying Jab does not give Safe window for the opponent)
- [catch him on his Failed Sway into Empty SS] immediately with his started SS – launch my own more powerful Strike for ex. Overhand (b/c his Empty SS will not interrupt mine and he will get extra damage)
- use Front kick to the Body – to interrupt opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space.
- use 1st FWD Moving Hook to the Head VS Sway Straight (b/c 4 frame speed up to 1st FWD Moving Hook to the Head to offer a viable counter to the Sway Straight).

5) VS FWD SWAY (Ducking):
- use Head Knee, Body Knee, Head/Body Uppercut or any other strike to the Head with an "UP" strike arc (add a damage MP when a strike redirects from Body to Head, making Ducking into a Body Knee more damaging).

6) VS BWD SWAY:
- use Linear strikes (Jab, Straight, Uppercut, etc), NOT Round strikes (Hooks, Head kicks, etc.). Intercepting BWD Sway with a Straight - will force a PUSH BACK HIT REACTION.
- use Lead Uppercut > Rear Straight/Uppercut Combo (b/c Uppercut will be evaded by BWD Sway, but my Combo will not be slowed down, and 2nd Straight will hit him b/c of only side Blocking when he is returning to center). IF the opponent will not make 2nd Side Sway (Sway series) vs 2nd strike.

7) VS SIDE SWAY:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049256561
1 variant – [just Sway begins] perform Lead Hook (Hook catches vulnerability on the side of his head coming back from the Sway, and he cannot Block until the Sway completes making this a safe and effective punish).
2 variant (VS Swaying strike) – [just Sway & Swaying strike begins] perform BWD Dash > follow up immediately by Rear Overhand strike (unblockable large damage).
[IF the opponent makes a Series of Sways bating me for a whiff] I can CANCEL my punishing strike (by R2).
3 variant (not good) - mix up Lead Hooks and Uppercuts, and hope to catch them (but that's a risky game too because if they Sway your strike you can eat big counter damage bonus).

8) VS BWD SWAY and KNEE (has animation with opponent lean BWD):
- [during opponent’s kneeing me or BWD swaying, in close range] perform Straight (will not loose damage b/c of BWD leaning)

9) VS JAB started Combos:
Jab is the best as a Leading/Starting strike (b/c is safe and can not be punished by SS and if whiffed/evaded the Combo will not be interrupted/slow down).
- Sway Jab by any FWD/L/R Sway (but NOT by BWD Sway) > Block 2nd Strike (possible to Block your head as you return to center after successfully evading a strike by Sway)
- Sway Jab by any Sway > perform Swaying Straight (Swaying Straight will crush any 2nd strike b/c SS is faster than standard) (is the best tool VS 1-2 Combos).
VS Sway – Swaying Straight: use Hook for intercepting Sway.
- Sway Jab by any Sway > [IF I can predict the type of his 2nd strike by knowing his Combo] Sway his 2nd Strike – i.e. perform Sway Series (b/c Sway Series has increased speed and effectiveness).

10) VS OVERHAND:
- BWD Sway > Uppercut
- [IF I am shorter than the opponent] FWD Sway > Uppercut
- [just anticipated Overhand started] stationary Uppercut (for intercepting)
- L/R Lunge to the outside - evades Overhands to the outside (i.e. closer to the opponent’s back direction)
- VS Head Hook or Head Overhand that lands on my Block to my Lead side – [Just his strike landed, during his strike Hit phase] release R2, (click) LEAD HEAD Hook – Lead Head Hook Block counter strike (NOT possible Rear or Body hook).

11) VS BODY PUNCH SPAM:
[Even after getting hit] BWD Lunge (L1+RS) (special animation protects from all Body punches, gives you evasion, costing your opponent stamina, and giving you an opportunity to counter into vulnerability) > Counter strike (for ex. Uppercut).
https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...03611154767872

12) VS KNEE:
- Hooks are the best counter to Knee spam.
- Straights is not – b/c they get too much damage reduction to be a good counter.
- evades Body Knees by L/R Step

13) VS FWD WALKING with BLOCK:
- perform Standing or BWD/L/R Moving Jab or Straight on his Block. Slow down his Walking speed and create space. [while holding Block and moving FWD - when a Straight punch is thrown at your Block]

14) VS FWD MOVING STRIKING (VS aggressive rushing opponents; VS pressuring Block breaking opponent; to create space):
(Pressure fighter is actually the one taking the biggest risk in the exchange in pretty much every aspect: slower FWD walking strikes, more Vulnerability, exposed to higher Stamina drain, exposed to Counters).
- use Reaching Head or Body Jab/Straight: by Outside fighters to Poke the opponent and stop his FWD Moving Striking (b/c of increased SP).
- [VS FWD Moving strike – Just after it was successfully evaded by my Major Sway] use follow up Lunge to perform PIVOT. Usage: create angle and countering the opponent from his side.
- [VS any FWD Moving strike (in any outside or inside sides) OR If my Lunge is to the outside of any Stationary opponent’s strike] use Lunge to his Side, then follow up with punishing Straight punch (has altered damage).
- Block ANY his Strike (get enough of a window to) > [at his next strike in a Combo] Sway and counter (need to know which way to Sway by reading opponent’s patterns).
- use Standing or BWD/L/R Moving Straight to the Head from ANY range (my Straight will have increased Stopping power and will interrupt his FWD Moving Striking).
- use Circular/Rounded Strikes (b/c of increased side Head Vulnerability to FWD moving strikes)
- use Front kick to the Body – to interrupt opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space.
- use Leg kicks – for heavier damaging his Legs (b/c FWD Moving strikes have considerably more Leg Vulnerability than Standing strikes)
- VS FWD Moving Combos when attacker is trying to prevent his combo Range reduction:
VS Pause: retreating fighter perform Counter strike in attacker’s 0.25 sec pause window (just after 2nd attacker’s strike).
VS Switching levels: retreating fighter knows attacker’s next 3rd strike level (b/c he will switch levels), so can effectively counter/block it.
- use BWD Evasive walking (to create a space).
- keep retreating moving BWD with landing Jab or Straight on his Block (to slow down him and create a space)
- use Push Off (to create space and as a Setup as a 1st move in Combo).
- use SP VS aggressive opponents - EXCEPTIONS in SP specific to different strikes types:
1. Any Head kick or Overhand punch to the head - will always interrupt any strike your opponent is throwing, and will always cause a stagger if landed clean and unblocked.
2. Straight punch to the head - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
3. Standing or retreating Lead Hook (a Check hook) - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
4. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your left side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your left side.
5. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your right side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your right side.
6. Front kick to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s Strikes, Walking, Step or Sway + and will always push them backwards. > Use Front kick to the Body – to interrupt opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space. VS Front kicks - are easier to evade with Basic Side Steps, and are easily caught with a successful Low block.
7. Side kicks to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s strikes or movement, and will always push you back even if blocked. VS Side kicks – are very easy to evade with Basic Side Steps, and can be avoided with simple Walking.
Use these exceptions for:
1 – 5: safely shut down overly aggressive opponents
6 - 7: create space using pushing strikes, and force a fleeing opponent’s back to the cage, pin them in and attack them while they are in a position that nullifies several of their defensive options (with their back to the cage).

14) VS ROLLING THUNDER / AXE KICK / CARTWHEEL KICK strike:
- It is a downward arcing strike, so use Side evasion moves (no Tracking me).
1. [On its early Startup] Knee or Uppercut – is heavily vulnerable.
2. ANY Strike (even Body Jab) if landed – will KD the opponent during this Strike.
3. L/R Sway > Delayed Uppercut OR Front kick.
4. L/R Dash
5. L/R Lunge

15) VS CLINCH attempts:
- [Just BEFORE his Clinch attempt start animation] BWD, L, R Lunge (NOT FWD, NOT Dash) or BWD Walking – will evade his Clinch attempt.
- Crushing Stand up CLINCH attempt:
[If strike landed during any phase of Clinch attempt] ALL Strikes – will crush Clinch initiation attempt. No exceptions. Hooks, Elbows, Superman punches and Overhands – heavily interrupt Clinch attempts.
> [Just Clinch attempt begins] Jab, Straight, Leg kick or other fast enough Strikes – to crush his Clinch attempt OR use Heavy Strikes for more damage crushing.

16) VS TAKEDOWN attempts:
- Knee
- well timed Uppercut
- Straights and Hooks however - will whiff if thrown too late as the opponent is ducking down to get the legs for TD
- longer Range distance to the opponent = slower TD speed = easier defend against TD. NOT possible to evade TD attempt by ANY Footwork (Dash, Lunge, Walking)!

17) CAGE CUTTING:
1. VS side Moving opponent with Block – use incoming Round strike (Hook/Roundhouse). BBR is going faster when Blocking opponent is side Moving circling into my Round strike (Hook/Roundhouse) on the same side he is Moving to (i.e. side Moving toward my Round strike) and ALSO his Locomotion speed is drop down during the Block stun in this scenario.
2. Control the center of the octagon, staying away from the Cage and making the opponent to be NEAR the Cage by his back (for reducing his Moving speed/maneuverability and his Striking power, so more effective Cage cutting + undeniable TD into the “SL/DL TD against the Cage position”).

Last edited by SUGATA; 11-06-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: VS tactics list for STAND UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
As i see some separated threads about "How to deal with Knee" and so on, i though this thread can be helpful.

This is a copy-past from my EA UFC 3 META file, w/o additional editing.

> Ask if you need, Correct me if you think i am wrong (b/c is outdated with the patches), Add if you find something new - i will continue to update this list for our community.

> Another point - is to make a PRIORITY grade for several tactics under one VS point (#1 - the most usable, the last # - the most rare using tool). Now tactics are NOT in Priority sequence.

I have more VS info for Stand up, across my file - but it need some time to gather it and add to this thread later + i have similar VS tactics lists for Clinch and Ground game (they need to be complicated too).
__________________________________________________ ____

STAND UP TACTICS:

1) WALKING:
- Always try to move away from the opponent’s Rear hand/Leg side (b/c they are the most powered).
- Always try to stay out of the opponent’s striking range

2) STEPPING:
- BWD Step [ONLY if you successfully evade a strike in range] gives Damage bonus to my follow up counter Strike (my Straight after my successful BWD step becomes much more powerful).

3) SWAYING:
- [just after my Strike was Blocked or I Blocked opponent’s strike of his Combo] I have min 4 safe frames – which are enough to launch Sway and evade punishment or next strike of his Combo and perform Swaying strike (SS).
- Swaying L/R can combo with Hook
- Swaying Down can combo with Uppercut

4) VS SWAYING STRIKE (SS) SPAM:
SS has longer recovery on Whiff or Block > so are punishable on Whiff or Block (on Block are punishable only IF he continue his Combo instead of defending himself).
- Provoke him to Whiff > [just after his Whiffed SS] he can not Block or Sway > punish him by Hooks
- Block his SS > [IF he continue his Combo instead of defending himself] punish him by Straight. …………..If he don’t continue combo and start blocking – is my Straight guaranteed………….?
- use Hard Combos starting with Jab (swaying Jab does not give Safe window for the opponent)
- [catch him on his Failed Sway into Empty SS] immediately with his started SS – launch my own more powerful Strike for ex. Overhand (b/c his Empty SS will not interrupt mine and he will get extra damage)
- use 1st FWD Moving Hook to the Head VS Sway Straight (b/c 4 frame speed up to 1st FWD Moving Hook to the Head to offer a viable counter to the Sway Straight).

5) VS FWD SWAY (Ducking):
- use Head Knee, Body Knee, Head/Body Uppercut or any other strike to the Head with an "UP" strike arc (add a damage MP when a strike redirects from Body to Head, making Ducking into a Body Knee more damaging).

6) VS BWD SWAY:
- use Linear strikes (Jab, Straight, Uppercut, etc), NOT Round strikes (Hooks, Head kicks, etc.). Intercepting BWD Sway with a Straight - will force a PUSH BACK HIT REACTION.
- use Lead Uppercut > Rear Straight/Uppercut Combo (b/c Uppercut will be evaded by BWD Sway, but my Combo will not be slowed down, and 2nd Straight will hit him b/c of only side Blocking when he is returning to center). IF the opponent will not make 2nd Side Sway (Sway series) vs 2nd strike.

7) VS SIDE SWAY:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049256561
1 variant – [just Sway begins] perform Lead Hook (Hook catches vulnerability on the side of his head coming back from the Sway, and he cannot Block until the Sway completes making this a safe and effective punish).
2 variant (VS Swaying strike) – [just Sway & Swaying strike begins] perform BWD Dash > follow up immediately by Rear Overhand strike (unblockable large damage).
[IF the opponent makes a Series of Sways bating me for a whiff] I can CANCEL my punishing strike (by R2).
3 variant (not good) - mix up Lead Hooks and Uppercuts, and hope to catch them (but that's a risky game too because if they Sway your strike you can eat big counter damage bonus).

8) VS BWD SWAY and KNEE (has animation with opponent lean BWD):
- [during opponent’s kneeing me or BWD swaying, in close range] perform Straight (will not loose damage b/c of BWD leaning)

9) VS JAB started Combos:
Jab is the best as a Leading/Starting strike (b/c is safe and can not be punished by SS and if whiffed/evaded the Combo will not be interrupted/slow down).
- Sway Jab by any FWD/L/R Sway (but NOT by BWD Sway) > Block 2nd Strike (possible to Block your head as you return to center after successfully evading a strike by Sway)
- Sway Jab by any Sway > perform Swaying Straight (Swaying Straight will crush any 2nd strike b/c SS is faster than standard) (is the best tool VS 1-2 Combos).
VS Sway – Swaying Straight: use Hook for intercepting Sway.
- Sway Jab by any Sway > [IF I can predict the type of his 2nd strike by knowing his Combo] Sway his 2nd Strike – i.e. perform Sway Series (b/c Sway Series has increased speed and effectiveness).

10) VS OVERHAND:
- BWD Sway > Uppercut
- [IF I am shorter than the opponent] FWD Sway > Uppercut
- [just anticipated Overhand started] stationary Uppercut (for intercepting)
- L/R Lunge to the outside - evades Overhands to the outside (i.e. closer to the opponent’s back direction)
- VS Head Hook or Head Overhand that lands on my Block to my Lead side – [Just his strike landed, during his strike Hit phase] release R2, (click) LEAD HEAD Hook – Lead Head Hook Block counter strike (NOT possible Rear or Body hook).

11) VS BODY PUNCH SPAM:
[Even after getting hit] BWD Lunge (L1+RS) (special animation protects from all Body punches, gives you evasion, costing your opponent stamina, and giving you an opportunity to counter into vulnerability) > Counter strike (for ex. Uppercut).
https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/st...03611154767872

12) VS KNEE:
- Hooks are the best counter to Knee spam.
- Straights is not – b/c they get too much damage reduction to be a good counter.
- evades Body Knees by L/R Step

13) VS FWD WALKING with BLOCK:
- perform Standing or BWD/L/R Moving Jab or Straight on his Block. Slow down his Walking speed and create space. [while holding Block and moving FWD - when a Straight punch is thrown at your Block]

14) VS FWD MOVING STRIKING (VS aggressive rushing opponents; VS pressuring Block breaking opponent; to create space):
(Pressure fighter is actually the one taking the biggest risk in the exchange in pretty much every aspect: slower FWD walking strikes, more Vulnerability, exposed to higher Stamina drain, exposed to Counters).
- use Reaching Head or Body Jab/Straight: by Outside fighters to Poke the opponent and stop his FWD Moving Striking (b/c of increased SP).
- [VS FWD Moving strike – Just after it was successfully evaded by my Major Sway] use follow up Lunge to perform PIVOT. Usage: create angle and countering the opponent from his side.
- [VS any FWD Moving strike (in any outside or inside sides) OR If my Lunge is to the outside of any Stationary opponent’s strike] use Lunge to his Side, then follow up with punishing Straight punch (has altered damage).
- Block ANY his Strike (get enough of a window to) > [at his next strike in a Combo] Sway and counter (need to know which way to Sway by reading opponent’s patterns).
- use Standing or BWD/L/R Moving Straight to the Head from ANY range (my Straight will have increased Stopping power and will interrupt his FWD Moving Striking).
- use Circular/Rounded Strikes (b/c of increased side Head Vulnerability to FWD moving strikes)
- use Leg kicks – for heavier damaging his Legs (b/c FWD Moving strikes have considerably more Leg Vulnerability than Standing strikes)
- VS FWD Moving Combos when attacker is trying to prevent his combo Range reduction:
VS Pause: retreating fighter perform Counter strike in attacker’s 0.25 sec pause window (just after 2nd attacker’s strike).
VS Switching levels: retreating fighter knows attacker’s next 3rd strike level (b/c he will switch levels), so can effectively counter/block it.
- use BWD Evasive walking (to create a space).
- keep retreating moving BWD with landing Jab or Straight on his Block (to slow down him and create a space)
- use Push Off (to create space and as a Setup as a 1st move in Combo).
- use SP VS aggressive opponents - EXCEPTIONS in SP specific to different strikes types:
1. Any Head kick or Overhand punch to the head - will always interrupt any strike your opponent is throwing, and will always cause a stagger if landed clean and unblocked.
2. Straight punch to the head - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
3. Standing or retreating Lead Hook (a Check hook) - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
4. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your left side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your left side.
5. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your right side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your right side.
6. Front kick to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s Strikes, Walking, Step or Sway + and will always push them backwards. > Use Front kick to the Body – to interrupt opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space. VS Front kicks - are easier to evade with Basic Side Steps, and are easily caught with a successful Low block.
7. Side kicks to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s strikes or movement, and will always push you back even if blocked. VS Side kicks – are very easy to evade with Basic Side Steps, and can be avoided with simple Walking.
Use these exceptions for:
1 – 5: safely shut down overly aggressive opponents
6 - 7: create space using pushing strikes, and force a fleeing opponent’s back to the cage, pin them in and attack them while they are in a position that nullifies several of their defensive options (with their back to the cage).

14) VS ROLLING THUNDER / AXE KICK / CARTWHEEL KICK strike:
- It is a downward arcing strike, so use Side evasion moves (no Tracking me).
1. [On its early Startup] Knee or Uppercut – is heavily vulnerable.
2. ANY Strike (even Body Jab) if landed – will KD the opponent during this Strike.
3. L/R Sway > Delayed Uppercut OR Front kick.
4. L/R Dash
5. L/R Lunge

15) VS CLINCH attempts:
- [Just BEFORE his Clinch attempt start animation] BWD, L, R Lunge (NOT FWD, NOT Dash) or BWD Walking – will evade his Clinch attempt.
- Crushing Stand up CLINCH attempt:
[If strike landed during any phase of Clinch attempt] ALL Strikes – will crush Clinch initiation attempt. No exceptions. Hooks, Elbows, Superman punches and Overhands – heavily interrupt Clinch attempts.
> [Just Clinch attempt begins] Jab, Straight, Leg kick or other fast enough Strikes – to crush his Clinch attempt OR use Heavy Strikes for more damage crushing.

16) VS TAKEDOWN attempts:
- Knee
- well timed Uppercut
- Straights and Hooks however - will whiff if thrown too late as the opponent is ducking down to get the legs for TD
- longer Range distance to the opponent = slower TD speed = easier defend against TD. NOT possible to evade TD attempt by ANY Footwork (Dash, Lunge, Walking)!

17) CAGE CUTTING:
1. VS side Moving opponent with Block – use incoming Round strike (Hook/Roundhouse). BBR is going faster when Blocking opponent is side Moving circling into my Round strike (Hook/Roundhouse) on the same side he is Moving to (i.e. side Moving toward my Round strike) and ALSO his Locomotion speed is drop down during the Block stun in this scenario.
2. Control the center of the octagon, staying away from the Cage and making the opponent to be NEAR the Cage by his back (for reducing his Moving speed/maneuverability and his Striking power, so more effective Cage cutting + undeniable TD into the “SL/DL TD against the Cage position”).

Thank you, SUGATA.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #3
Banned

Pure Gold sugzy
Old 11-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

как говорится : "то, что доктор прописал". спасибо

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
Banned

Id like to see your notes for the ground as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Id like to see your notes for the ground as well
As i said i have many VS tactics tags in my Meta file - so this requires some time to find and gather it in one place and make it complex.
File is about 36000 words now in very thesis and laconic structure style so very informative.
Stand up VS tactics is not all posted here - it is only approx 60% posted, other requires to gather and edit.
I will post it "when it's done" (c)

Last edited by SUGATA; 11-07-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Long time lurker. Made an account just to say thanks for this list even though it’s 60%, it’s really helpful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »