Home

WWE 2k19 Universe Mode - Kingdom Come

This is a discussion on WWE 2k19 Universe Mode - Kingdom Come within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #1
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

OVR: 0
WWE 2k19 Universe Mode - Kingdom Come

Every castle needs a great hall. I suppose this is mine.

Welcome one and all to my universe mode! This page will serve as a hub for most things.

The Premise

We start a week before SmackDown's Backlash PPV. There's no more NXT, all superstars have been distributed amongst the three brands according to their needs. Rey Mysterio and Finn Balor are the only two cruiserweights who won't be appearing on 205 Live for the time being and The Undisputed Era will be the only superstars jumping between 205 Live and another show.

Small Competitors, Big Changes

205 Live is where we find the biggest changes, as there are two new minor championships: The European Championship and the North American Championship. After all, I think it's time to raise the stakes for those foreign-born and American cruiserweights who are on the cusp of greatness. The respective holders of these titles can instantly elevate themselves to the very top of the division as well. Both titles can be cashed in for a shot at the World Cruiserweight Championship.

The renewed importance of these titles will carry over to...

The Keys to the Kingdom

After the Money in the Bank PPV, qualifying matches will take place for a tournament on a scale that we've never seen in WWE. Ten superstars from Raw, Ten superstars from SmackDown, and Two superstars from 205 Live will be separated into groups of 11. Each competitor will face each respective member of their group in a singles match with a fifteen minute time limit. There will be two points awarded for a win and one point awarded for a draw. The winners of each group will face off in a final at Survivor Series to crown our keyholder. The winner of this tournament will receive a title shot against a champion of their choosing at the Royal Rumble. Remember how I said the 205 Live titles would be important? Well, the Cruiserweight Champion after Summerslam gets an automatic spot in the tournament. The European and North American champions will have a match at Summerslam to determine who will be the last of only two superstars to represent 205 Live. Along with these two superstars, the United States and Intercontinental Champions will also get an automatic slot in the tournament.

While the rest of the spots are reserved for SmackDown or Raw superstars, I wouldn't be surprised if some old familiar faces showed up to claim such a grand opportunity...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

Re: WWE 2k19 Universe Mode - Kingdom Come

And I suppose this is the throne...

CHAMPIONS (number in parentheses = defenses)

RAW

Universal

Brock Lesnar (0)

Intercontinental
Seth Rollins (0)

Raw Tag Team
Deleters of Worlds (0)

Raw Women's

Nia Jax (0)

SMACKDOWN

WWE
AJ Styles (1)

United States
Jeff Hardy (1)

SmackDown Tag Team
The Good Brothers (0)
Bludgeon Brothers (0)

Smackdown Women's
Asuka (0)
Carmella (0)

205 LIVE

Cruiserweight
Cedric Alexander (1)

North American
Adam Cole (0)

European
Pete Dunne (0)

Last edited by Thefallen365; 08-12-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

We kick things off with our first episode of Monday Night Raw!

Tonight, we will see two matchups that will bring us closer to deciding a challenger for Brock Lesnar's Universal Championship at Extreme Rules! We saw the start of this confrontation all the way back at Survivor Series last year. Tonight, it finally comes to a head as TRIPLE H may finally get these hands from BRAUN STROWMAN! And in our main event, FINN BALOR will have to overcome the big dog ROMAN REIGNS! The winners of these two matches will face off next week. We've got plenty of show to get through before we get there, and we're kicking it off with the Universal Champion and his advocate!

Paul Heyman: People have been asking me all day...who does Brock Lesnar want to face at Extreme Rules? Let me tell you, when his eyes found the names of the four men that would be competing tonight, he laughed, and to be honest, I did too! Three men on that list have already been CONQUERED and DECIMATED by Brock Lesnar! Oh, but what about Finn Balor, they say and Oh, trust me, Brock Lesnar would LOVE to trample him underfoot as well! You see, it does not matter who Brock Lesnar faces at Extreme Rules, it will--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnzfT44KXI

It's Baron Corbin! He came over to RAW in the superstar shake-up a couple weeks ago! What business could he possibly have with the Beast Incarnate?

Baron Corbin: It may not matter who you face at Extreme Rules, Brock, but--

Paul Heyman: HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT--

Baron Corbin: HEY! Pipe down, Paul, the big boys are talking...Now, as I was saying, it's been a while since you've fought on this show you claim to represent...Why don't we fix that...RIGHT NOW. To quote you, you're here, I'm here...LET'S. DO. THiiiIIIISS?

Paul brings the mic to his mouth, but Brock snatches it out of his hand.

Brock Lesnar: Alright, bring it, *****

Brock Lesnar vs Baron Corbin

The match starts off with Baron and Brock landing stiff shots on one another before Brock shoves Baron down across the ring. Corbin rushes him but gets caught with a belly-to-belly suplex. Brock gives him three more for good measure. Brock runs off the ropes looking for a clothesline and DEEP SIX! DEEP SIX BY CORBIN! The cover! 1! 2! Kick out by Brock at two! Corbin picks up Lesnar and throws him into the ropes for the rebound, grabs him for the End of Days--KIMURA! KIMURA! LESNAR USED CORBIN'S MOMENTUM TO PULL HIM DOWN AND GRAB THE ARM! CORBIN IS TAPPING!

Spoiler

What a return to RAW competition for Lesnar! All the credit in the world to Corbin for pulling that out of the champ!

(Commercial Break)

We come back to find John Cena in the ring.

John Cena: A lot of people recently have been calling me a "part-timer." Well, I'm here to prove them wrong. Starting tonight, I'm working TWICE as hard as everyone in that locker room. I'mma fight me a match on RAW, I'mma fight me a match on SMACKDOWN, TWICE A WEEK I will be taking on the best from BOTH locker rooms. So...who's it gonna be tonight...Who wants to make a name off John Cena?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSPKnCsR2t8

It's Jason Jordan! He returns tonight after months battling injury!

John Cena vs Jason Jordan

The bell rings and Jordan quickly backs Cena into the corner, dropping quick shoulders right into the abdomen. He throws Cena into the other corner and repeats until the ref backs him off. Jordan scoops him up for a big spinebuster and goes for the cover. He only gets a one count. The match goes on with Jordan getting in a majority of the offense. He seems fired up to be back in a WWE ring. John Cena mounts a comeback, however, hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle, and an AA with which he picks up the three-count.

Spoiler

Cena barely escapes with the win, and he looks exhausted! Is he really gonna be able to do this twice a week? Jason Jordan certainly made a case for himself, despite not picking up the win!

Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax

The rematch from WrestleMania is underway! The match mostly goes in Jax's favor until she goes for a body splash in the corner. Bliss moves, having exposed the turnbuckle. She easily hits a Bliss DDT on a dazed Jax and goes for the pin.

Spoiler

Bliss continues to attack the head of Nia Jax, and MICKIE JAMES runs down to assist in the assault on the champ. Bliss and James stand over Jax, but then, MICK KICK! MICKIE JAMES LEVELS ALEXA BLISS! What does this mean for the RAW Women's title picture??

(Commercial Break)

The next match is a number one contender match for Seth Rollins' Intercontinental Championship!

Dolph Ziggler vs Drew McIntyre

This all started when Drew claimed that he didn't need Dolph's help, that he could dominate the WWE all on his own. That appeared to be the end of Ziggler & McIntyre's short lived alliance as they go one on one tonight. It was a competitive match that could've gone either way and it even spilled outside the ring! In the end, Ziggler connected with the ZigZag.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT5jGxyGPm4

Seth Rollins appears on the ramp holding the IC Title. Suddenly, there is a single guitar strum and the lights go down.

Elias appears in a spotlight. Rollins also has a spotlight on him.

Elias: Well, it looks like you were right, about that guy named Drew...as it turns out, he wasn't good enough for you...So if you don't mind, how 'bout you give this a try...If you Walk With Elias, I'll surely be your guy.

Ziggler rushed Rollins while he was distracted and Elias helps him continue the beat down! The two of them stand together over the champ!

Up next: One of our main events this evening! Triple H takes on Braun Strowman!

Triple H (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs Braun Strowman

This match was utter domination from the start. Hunter tried to use his cunning to avoid the monster, but it was just no use. In the end, Steph would pull her husband out of the ring to avoid injury. They would retreat up the ramp as the ref continued his count...

Spoiler

For our main event of the evening, Roman Reigns takes on a man who's been a thorn in his size since he burst onto the scene a couple years ago. We'll see how things go with championship implications on the line!

Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor

This was a hard hitting back and forth match which saw Finn hit a Coup de Grace for a close two and a half! Reigns would dodge the second attempt and connect with a massive spear!

Spoiler

Braun Strowman appears on the ramp afterwards to stare down his long time rival. They will go to war yet again next week! We'll see you very soon for the first episode of SMACKDOWN!

Last edited by Thefallen365; 11-06-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

Welcome to Smackdown! Championship contenders will be decided tonight in this ring! New stars will get the chance to make waves in their debuts and the women's champ and United States champ will be in action! But first, we kick things off in the ring with General Manager, Shane McMahon!

Shane McMahon: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to SmackDown Live! Before we get to our matches, we've got some business to attend to. You see, we have no number one contender for the WWE title at Backlash...So we're gonna do something about that. Whoever wants to come out and make a case for themselves, I'm all ears.

The lights dim. "MI-MI-MI-MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" Aiden English steps out onto the stage.

Aiden English: SHANE MCMAHON...DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?

Shane McMahon: It--It's Tuesday.

Aiden English: WHILE IT IS INDEED, TUESDAY, IT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE RUSEV DAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa21bNWzLR4

Rusev: AJ Styles wants a fight at Backlash? He has very good timing, because this year, Backlash fall on RUSEV DAY!

Shane McMahon: But...I thought today was Rusev Day?

Rusev: It is.

Aiden English: Every day is Rusev Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TeXQHirMJE

It's Samoa Joe! One of this biggest acquisitions of SmackDown Live in the Superstar Shake-Up!

Samoa Joe: Look, I don't care what day it is. Shane, it was YOUR decision to take me from Raw. You're a smart man, and I know that YOU know it would be absolutely stupid for you not to utilize me immediately. Besides, I know you're not about to give this opportunity to someone who LOST at WrestleMania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFjmmhYBmo&t=2s

Daniel Bryan: You know, Joe's got a point, Shane. Why should you give it to someone who lost at WrestleMania? Luckily, you now have someone who won at WrestleMania right in front of you. Thanks for your help on that, by the way. But either way, if I was still GM, I'd at least prefer someone who actually HAD a match at WrestleMania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHtEfvg2zd0

Chris Jericho?! He's been gone for almost a year! What could he possibly have to say here?

Chris Jericho: I--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibhuPO9nSmM

Randy Orton: C'mon, Shane, are you kidding me? I mean...Daniel's been gone for two years...Jericho, you took your ball and went to Japan...Joe, you just got here, sorry, back of the line for you, bud...and Rusev, where do I even begin--

Chris Jericho: You know where you can begin? With the part where you SHUT. THE HELL. UP! Oh, Randall...Do you know what happens? Randall? Do you know what happens when you interrupt me, Randall? Do you know what happens? YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!

Shane McMahon: Alright, alright, listen. Here's what we're gonna do. In our main event tonight, it's going to be Rusev...vs. Samoa Joe...vs. Daniel Bryan...vs Chris Jericho...vs Randy Orton...the winner gets a one on one shot at AJ Styles at Backlash.

Wow! What a colossal main event we have for tonight's show!

Well, without further ado, let's kick off the night with a number one contender match for the Women's title! It's the Empress of Tomorrow Asuka taking on a debuting Shayna Baszler!

Asuka vs Shayna Baszler

In the closing moments of this match, Asuka locks in the Asuka Lock, but Baszler stays on her feet! She can't waste her energy trying to find the ropes! Shayna uses Asuka's weight against her and throws her forward over her head and KIRIFUDA CLUTCH! BASZLER HAS IT LOCKED IN! WILL ASUKA TAP?? NO! SHE JUST BARELY GETS HER FOOT ON THE ROPES! The referee separates them. Shayna charges back in but SPINNING HEEL KICK! ASUKA INTO THE COVER! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

What a tremendous win for Asuka, who will meet Carmella this Sunday at Backlash! Baszler held her own against very stiff competition.

Next up, Kassius Ohno makes his debut against the returning Rey Mysterio!

Kassius Ohno vs Rey Mysterio

The difference in styles is apparent in this one. Once Ohno got his hands on Rey, he manhandled the smaller competitor with a series of sentons and boots. Mysterio managed to duck under the Ohno Kill and deliver a dropkick to the small of Ohno's back, sending him into the second rope. You know how it ends from there...

Spoiler

This was exactly the kind of competition that Ohno was expecting and he'll be hungry for more of it! We'll see what kind of opportunities open up for Mysterio after this win.

It's more women's action up next as the Women's champ Carmella takes on Becky Lynch!

Becky Lynch vs Carmella

Carmella did everything she could to evade Lynch here. In the end, it was inevitable that Becky would slap on the Dis-arm-her for the victory--what's this? Hey! What the hell? That's Peyton Royce and Billie Kay! They're attacking Becky Lynch!

Spoiler

The IIconics continue the beatdown until Charlotte comes out to make the save!

Jeff Hardy vs R-Truth

R-Truth got in a lot more offense than would be expected, but in the end, it was the Twist of Fate that sealed the deal on a victory for the US Champ!

Spoiler

Jeff Hardy gains some momentum heading into Backlash and his opponent will be decided in the next match! Lets see who it's gonna be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOgwy9jSIVk

It's Lars Sullivan! The Freak looks to wreak havoc tonight and show why he deserves this shot at Backlash! He and Jeff Hardy lock eyes as they pass one another on the ramp. But who will his opponent be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSZ3Vsugso

He's gonna have his work cut out for him. Aleister Black looks to make an impact in his own debut while spoiling Lars Sullivan's!

Lars Sullivan vs Aleister Black

It's a miracle that the ring was even standing after this one was over! Sullivan's hard hitting offense was on display and Black had to use his full range of kicks and strikes! In the closing moments of the match, Black goes for a clothesline on a running Sullivan, but Sullivan shakes it off and continues running! He hits the ropes to come back and BLACK MASS! BLACK HITS IT! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

So there we have it! Jeff Hardy will take on Aleister Black at Backlash! Both of these men can be proud of the statements that they just made through that match!

Next up: It's John Cena's open challenge! Will Cena be at one hundred percent tonight after his match last night on Raw? Who will take his challenge? Let's find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VyG3V-l2I

It's the King of Strong Style! I hope Cena's ready for another war tonight, because that's exactly what he'll get!

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura

The two lock up to start the match. Shinsuke pushes John into the corner and shakes about. The mindgames have started early. Nakamura flashes that signature grin. They lock up again. This time, Cena has the advantage and pushes Nakamura into the corner. The ref separates them. Cena waves his hand in front of his face. "You can't see me." Shinsuke runs at Cena, but Cena dodges and trips him. STF! STF! Cena's got it locked in! What will Nakamura do! Oh, he's biting the hand! Shinsuke forces the release by biting the hand! What a cunning move! The match is controlled mostly by Nakamura from this point on. Nakamura goes for an inverted exploder and Cena flips and lands on his feet! Nakamura has no clue! AA! AA! AA! CENA WITH THE COVER! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

Cena snatches yet another victory by the skin of his teeth! Nakamura sits in the ring with that same grin on his face...what could he possibly be thinking?...

Well, no matter, we're on to our main event! A five way contest with title implications! And it's up next!

Rusev vs Samoa Joe vs Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton

This match was utter chaos from the start! Samoa Joe and Randy Orton teamed up out of necessity midway through. They put Jericho through the announce table before laying out Rusev and Bryan outside the ring! The alliance fell apart after that as Orton went for an RKO! But Joe catches him in the Coquina Clutch! Meanwhile, Jericho is somehow back to his feet! He slides back in and hits a Lionsault, breaking the hold! He locks Joe in the Walls of Jericho! OH! Rusev with a Machka Kick on Jericho! He's out! Rusev stomps on his back and locks in the Accolade! BRYAN! DANIEL BRYAN HITS THE RUNNING KNEE! HE LOCKS IN THE YES LOCK ON RUSEV! RUSEV HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO TAP!

Spoiler

What a comeback story for Daniel Bryan! It's been just a month, but already his first title match since his return! Styles comes to the ring to shake Bryan's hand as the two stare down. They're sure to have a match of the year candidate on their hands when they meet this Sunday! From SmackDown Live: Good Night!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:56 AM   #5
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

Welcome to 205 Live! Tonight: Two number one contenders will be decided and Cedric Alexander and Drew Gulak will sign the contract for their match at Backlash! Let's kick this show off!

First up, Oney Lorcan and Roderick Strong will battle to see who's first in line for Adam Cole's North American Championship! With Undisputed Era at ringside, the advantage clearly goes to Strong...but if Strong wins, how does this bode for the relationship between the members of The Undisputed Era?

Oney Lorcan vs Roderick Strong

The Undisputed Era's interference was put to a stop quickly. Lorcan managed to pull Bobby Fish in front of Strong's suicide baseball slide. He then hit massive clotheslines on O'Reilly and the champ himself! In the end, Strong's backbreakers weren't enough, so he had to move to the Strong Hold to finish off Lorcan...but Lorcan escapes somehow! Strong tries for the End of Heartache, but Lorcan shoves him off into the ropes Running Blockbuster! Lorcan with the cover! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

After the match, Strong congratulates Lorcan with a handshake, but Fish and O'Reilly pull Strong out of the ring! They don't look too happy about Strong losing, or showing respect to Adam Cole's new challenger! Is everything okay in the ranks of the Undisputed Era?

Next up: A number one contender's match for Pete Dunne's European title! It's the high-flying Mustafa Ali taking on an aggressive TJP.

Mustafa Ali vs TJ Perkins

Perkins showed why he was the first cruiserweight champion. His strategy early was to work the legs of Ali to ground him and possibly lock in his kneebar. Ali had other plans though and while he ended up with a limp, he managed to hit a one-legged 054 Splash and snag the pin.

Spoiler

Cedric Alexander and Drew Gulak meet in the ring for their contract signing next!

Drew Gulak: Y'know Cedric? You and I are a lot alike. We both worked our butts off to get to this place. There's over two decades of experience between the two of us. And guess what? You finally did it. You finally made it. You have all the glory. But it's my turn now. Thirteen years. Thirteen years in my career and it's all led to this...Cedric, you've been the talk of the industry for nearly a decade. "Hey, Drew, check out this clip of this Alexander guy! He's doing some crazy stuff!" Meanwhile, I grind face after face into canvases all over the world and suddenly no one can find a thing to say about Drew Gulak. "Oh, that guy? He's boring. He doesn't do any of the flashy stuff that gets on YouTube!" I understand. I don't care how many views I get or how many flips I can do. All I care about is that title being around my waist. And then, ONLY then will we finally see a better 205 Live...

Gulak signs the contract.

Cedric Alexander: Do you want to know why, Drew? Do you want to know why I can't let that happen? Since the day I stepped into this ring, I knew this was NEVER about me. It was about all of them out there, all of them watching around the world. That's what all those YouTube views and all those flips amounted too. It was my service to all of THEM. If you take this belt from me...what does that do for anyone who isn't Drew Gulak? Drew, you're right. We do have a lot in common. We BOTH want a better 205 Live. But I want a better 205 Live for THEM. Which means keeping this away from you.

Cedric signs the contract. The two men engage in a long handshake, neither breaking eye contact. There is a respect between both men today, but it will be a war this Sunday at Backlash! We'll see you there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 04:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

Backlash Preview

John Cena will start our kick-off show with yet another open challenge! But who will step up to the plate this time?

Sanity makes their debut on the pre-show, taking on former tag champs in The New Day! Will Sanity be successful in their debut or will the power of positivity be too much for them to handle?

Carmella makes her first title defense since cashing in her Money in the Bank briefcase! Her title reign may be short-lived though, as she's taking on the Empress of Tomorrow, Asuka!

The Tag Team titles are on the line as the ever dominant Bludgeon Brothers take on the Good Brothers, Gallows and Anderson!

Aleister Black earned a title shot in his war with Lars Sullivan. Jeff Hardy's reign has only just begun though, so he won't be letting go of the United States title so easily!

Cedric Alexander defends his Cruiserweight Championship against long-time rival Drew Gulak. The history of these two men is likely to make this an emotional matchup.

In our main event, AJ Styles defends his WWE Title against the leader of the YES Movement, Daniel Bryan, in what is likely to be a technical masterclass!
Old 11-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

I can only hope Carmella loses to Asuka
Old 08-12-2019, 01:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Thefallen365's Arena

Welcome to WWE TV!

Tonight, we’re bringing highlights from Backlash for you!
All the smackdown gold was on the line tonight! Let’s get right into it with our pre-show!

John Cena issued yet another open challenge. Who would it be this time?

Once again...it’s Shinsuke Nakamura? We saw him accept this challenge just five days ago on Smackdown, but it appears that the result of that match wasn’t good enough for him.

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura

No lockup this time, Nakamura goes straight to the offensive, hobbling Cena with hard knees to the midsection. Much of the offense early on is Shinsuke’s. Cena fights his way back with a couple shoulder blocks and looks for the back suplex to finish, but Nakamura spins into his own inverted exploder. Cena lands on his feet again though! But not as clean as in the first match as he drops to a knee before eating a monster kick from Nakamura, who dives for the cover. Cena kicks out at 2! Nakamura moves to the corner measures Cena for the fatal blow. Cena ducks and lifts Nakamura on his shoulders. AA! But Nakamura kicks out at 2 and a half! Cena climbs the turnbuckle, what could he be looking for? Nakamura rushes back to his feet and climbs up to meet him! They trade blows back and forth! Nakamura looks for a superplex, but Cena won’t move! Super AA! He used the last bit of his energy on it! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

Another classic between these two! Nakamura, once again, just eyes Cena from the ring with a sinister grin.

Pre-show action would continue with The New Day facing a debuting Sanity.

The New Day vs Sanity

Sanity would go on the attack before the match, hiding in the crowd and jumping the barricade to lay out the three men as they walked to the ring. However, The New Day showed their resiliency despite the disadvantage early. Big E would powerbomb Wolfe from the ring down onto Killian Dain outside the ring, which left Eric Young with no help as Kofi and Big E landed the Midnight Hour to secure the comeback victory.

Spoiler

The New Day spoils Sanity’s debut, but surely this will only make this new team hungrier and who knows what other tricks they have up their sleeves?

On to the main show! Our first match saw Asuka take on Carmella for her Smackdown Women’s Title. Did the Empress finally have her moment and capture gold or did Mella show the world that she really IS “Money?”

Carmella vs Asuka - SmackDown Women’s

This match turned into a cat and mouse game very quickly. Despite this, Carmella managed to spin the scenario in her favor, even locking in the Code of Silence. In an act of desperation, Mella grabbed her title from ringside. Here’s the play by play:
“Carmella doesn’t have to do this, but she’s not taking any chances. She should just stick to the offense that put Asuka on her back in the first place! Shame it has to end like this...Asuka ducks underneath! Asuka Lock! Middle of the ring! Carmella has to tap!”

Spoiler

Just like that, Asuka is the Empress of Today! Carmella had something to say after the event on WWE.com:

Carmella: “Go ahead and celebrate tonight, Asuka. But just know this isn’t over. Guess what? I felt you tap in the Code of Silence. I felt it. I FELT IT!”

The next match was for the tag titles. Good Brothers. Bludgeon Brothers. Who came out on top?

Bludgeon Bros. vs Gallows & Anderson - SmackDown Tag

Luke Gallows got most of the work in this match since he was the only one who could match Harper and Rowan in size. Eventually, Gallows couldn’t hold out, which brought Anderson into the match. Gallows came back in without a tag, seemingly as a sacrifice, as both Harper and Rowan attacked him outside the ring. During this time, a camera caught Karl Anderson on the other side of the apron...changing boots? He comes back in, ducks a discus from Harper and dropkicks Rowan off the apron. He kicks Harper in the gut and hits his cutter. 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

This one was quite a shock. Especially with Anderson picking up the pinfall. Maybe we’ll get an explanation on Smackdown for what was in those boots of his…

But up next: The United States title was up for grabs. Could newcomer Aleister Black use his hard hitting offense to defeat the Charismatic Enigma?

Jeff Hardy vs Aleister Black - US Title

These two had a lot of respect for the respective offense of their opponent. Black knew Hardy would try to fly and attacked the legs with stiff kicks. Hardy also worked Black’s leg when the tide turned. Eventually, Black had Hardy in prime position to finish, but he tweaked his knee as spun to hit the Black Mass, leaving him open for Hardy to hit a Twist of Fate and retain the belt.

Spoiler

Though Hardy is leaving with the gold, this certainly won’t be Aleister Black’s only title opportunity. Expect him to bounce back in a big way.

205 Live action coming up. We saw Drew Gulak challenge Cedric Alexander for dominance over the cruiserweight division.

Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak - Cruiserweight Title

This match was a battle of pacing. Drew Gulak worked to slow down the high impact offense of Cedric Alexander. It was a countered suicide dive that allowed Gulak to catch his breath. He sent Alexander spine first into the announce table and continued to work the back, clearly with intentions to set up the Gu-lock. Alexander’s back issues allowed Gulak to fight out of a Lumbar Check attempt and lock in his finisher. Somehow, Alexander used his power to lurch forward and grab hold of the ropes. The sadistic gulak tried to set up a Tarantula in the ropes, attempting to further break down his opponent. Alexander uses Gulak’s weight against him and hits a rope-assisted Lumbar Check! 1. 2. 3.

Spoiler

Heartbreak for Gulak, who fails once again to capture the gold. Cedric will certainly feel like he earned this one.

The WWE World title was on the line in a dream match of a main event.

AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan - WWE World Title

These two didn’t waste any time putting on a clinic. Three Styles Clashes wasn’t enough to end it. Two running knees wasn’t enough to end it. This match had such a high pace, you would almost forget that these two are also submission specialists. AJ Styles certainly forgot, as he was caught in a Yes Lock as he tried to finish with a Phenomenal Forearm. Just seconds away from tapping, Styles rolled it over to force a pin count, which Bryan kicked out of at 2, but Styles keeps a hold of the leg and rolls into a Calf Crusher in the middle of the ring! Bryan holds out as long as he can, but eventually has to tap!

Spoiler

What an amazing turn of events! Despite not coming away with the victory, Bryan can add this one to his ever growing list of classic matches. Styles celebrates as we go off the air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »