Home

Can we all agree the one thing that would really complete UFC 3 is

This is a discussion on Can we all agree the one thing that would really complete UFC 3 is within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Can we all agree the one thing that would really complete UFC 3 is

Some form of chain wrestling?

I know new animations are likely out of the question at this point but some of the biggest recent fights were determined by chain wrestling. Plus with Askren coming to the UFC and Cormier/Khabib as marketable champions it’s s good time to have it.

We have a standing single leg position already in game and I think it’d be awesome if we could have non early/pre denied takedown attempts go into that position. As the one going for the TD you’d have to just hold the TD input longer to attempt the chain at the cost of additional stamina. The new animations for switching from single/double/clinch on the cage would be perfect there as well to allow us chain into other positions.

Let it only be for TD offense of 92 or better.

This would open up the wrestling side of the game a bit more. I know it would be a severely gimped version of everything involved in chain wrestling but it’d be a start in the right direction.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 11-04-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Can we all agree the one thing that would really complete UFC 3 is

It all depends on perspective tbh, chain wrestling is only getting the fight to the ground. The ground is where the game is the most incomplete so its kinda doesnt add anything to how incomplete the game is in that respect.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Those are good ideas. I have a few ideas on chain wrestling i'll post too once devs shift full focus to UFC 4. Like the post above me said though, its really the ground that's lacking and would make things complete. It needs to be fleshed out more. More positions, submissions, transitions, ect.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
Banned

Im surprised more people dont want this after seeing Khabib/ Cormier do work
Old 11-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #5
Pro

Good post. I like the concept of holding the input longer, even after you’ve been denied, to sort of drag out the sequence.

But as you mentioned in your post and as warmma said, the wrestling is juuust about maxed out now for what UFC 3 can handle. With the recent cage wrestling additions, there’s not much more that can be done on this game without totally new animations (which is probably out of the question).

So I’m gonna put my chain wrestling ideas to rest until UFC 4. However... I do think some of the ground game fundamentals could be tweaked. Stuff like the standup timer, top game meta being rushed, etc.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 11-06-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 11:02 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
It all depends on perspective tbh, chain wrestling is only getting the fight to the ground. The ground is where the game is the most incomplete so its kinda doesnt add anything to how incomplete the game is in that respect.
I feel you. I’d love to see more depth to the wrestling... but as the wrestling continues improving, it shines more of a light on the blandness of the ground game. You have these satisfying, complex wrestling sequences that start with jabbing your way in and pushing your opponent to the cage.... then it gets to the ground and you’re stuck playing an underwhelming game of “Flick the Stick for GA”.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Some form of chain wrestling?

I know new animations are likely out of the question at this point but some of the biggest recent fights were determined by chain wrestling. Plus with Askren coming to the UFC and Cormier/Khabib as marketable champions it’s s good time to have it.

We have a standing single leg position already in game and I think it’d be awesome if we could have non early/pre denied takedown attempts go into that position. As the one going for the TD you’d have to just hold the TD input longer to attempt the chain at the cost of additional stamina. The new animations for switching from single/double/clinch on the cage would be perfect there as well to allow us chain into other positions.

Let it only be for TD offense of 92 or better.

This would open up the wrestling side of the game a bit more. I know it would be a severely gimped version of everything involved in chain wrestling but it’d be a start in the right direction.

Thoughts?
Being a collegiate wrestler, I'd love to give as much insight as I could for chain wrestling for the game, specifically more locomotion in the clinch and even off of "stuffed" shots, perhaps allowing those that fail a shot have the ability to drive their opponent into the fence.

If you want to see good chain defensive wrestling, you can look at Urijah Faber's first shot in against Cruz in their rematch, and the way Cruz used both the under hooks and overhooks to avoid getting taken down.

Hell, Aldo's takedown defense against nearly everybody who has tried to take him down (hips), and even those who have taken him down. (Edgar and Mendes)

Offensively, Cejudo vs Johnson in the way Cejudo used superior positioning and momentum to set up the inside trips to take down Mighty Mouse.

But if anything, the ground game itself needs to change. It gets pretty stale down there after a time.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 11-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
MVP

This and a scamble mechanic would be a great start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »