Home

Who are the Real Life NBA Pure Sharpshooters?

This is a discussion on Who are the Real Life NBA Pure Sharpshooters? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

Name names:
I need all 5 positions.

pg: maybe seth curry (or is he a shot sharp or a playmaking sharp? dont say steph. he's a playmaking sharpshooter)

sg: jj reddick/Klay Thompson
sf: Kyle Korver
pf:??
C:??

Remember i said PURE. not shot creating sharps, but guys that do darn near nothing else but chuck jumpers(3's especially.)

Last edited by splashmountain; 11-02-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Who are the Real Life NBA Pure Sharpshooters?

That's kind of the problem with park/ pro am along with the amount of skilled 7'3" bigs (there are only 2 in the league, Porzingas and Marajnavic) it makes for a pretty unrealistic simulation
Old 11-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
That's kind of the problem with park/ pro am along with the amount of skilled 7'3" bigs (there are only 2 in the league, Porzingas and Marajnavic) it makes for a pretty unrealistic simulation
and I would say Porzi aint even a pure. he's a mix between a post scoring/shot creator and Sharp as the primary.
even if you only choose 2 archs for him. i would choose sharp as the primary and post scoring as the 2ndary probably.

So that means. there is no such thing as a 90+ rated pure sharp big. if thats the case. why is that in the game? See this kind of stuff breaks the game when it doesnt need to. now they have to nerf other stuff to try and fix something that should never be in the game to begin with. you see my point?

If you're going to allow a pure sharp build and you're saying they dont exist really or at least not the well known guys. that means the only pure sharp bigs out there are guys that arent well known which means they arent that good. now they're serviceable, they play a role but thats it. so that means even by chance you ramp your pure sharp big up to a 90 overall+ he should never become a star since there is no such thing as a pure sharp shooting star big. There's a reason for that. because pure sharps are never quick'/fast enough to be stars. They also can't straighten up and balance themselves quick enough to be able to destroy people with their natural shooting ability. They can do it a few times a game, enough to get them a few points and sit back down on the bench. in addition, they usually are atrocious on defense. so they are a complete liability. now i will say this. pure sharps in 2k19 are liabilities on defense. that is one thing 2k did well this year with that build.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
Rookie

PG: Patty Mills
SG: JJ Redick
SF: Kyle Korver
PF: Ryan Anderson

Don't really know of a center. Closest one I can think of is Brook Lopez but he has some post game to him so he's not really a pure. Meyers Leonard perhaps?
Old 11-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain

Name names:
I need all 5 positions.

pg: maybe seth curry (or is he a shot sharp or a playmaking sharp? dont say steph. he's a playmaking sharpshooter)

sg: jj reddick/Klay Thompson
sf: Kyle Korver
pf:??
C:??

Remember i said PURE. not shot creating sharps, but guys that do darn near nothing else but chuck jumpers(3's especially.)

I Have said curry is a shot creator, but I don't think necessarily only chucking threes is a necessity for a stretch big. What we want are people who get all of their threes from catch and shoot, feet set looks. That's what a true stretch big is. Dirk would also be a shot creator.

So like Kevin love is a pure sharpshooter in his shooting. He can hit some other stuff but his best shot is feet set 3. Nobody as a big is good enough to be only a spot up shooter in the NBA. They all have other skills. Sabonis was a stretch 5 because he took his threes as catch and shoot when he spaced the floor.

The idea of sharpshooter in video games is so misrepresented. It kinda makes more sense in the other game because it's not implying someone is only capable of shooting and there isn't a shot creator archetype. Shooters are shot creating Shooters. Even the dirk big is.

Nobody should be picking multiple sharps on the same team. Every team needs a guy like klay tho. But having three of them, makes no sense. If you want dudes to be as wet as sharps are you need to make them have to be catching and shooting even off a curl. Once they put the ball down, it shouldnt make them inept but they should lose that extreme wetness.

It might be better to take sharpshooter primary out of the game. I also like the idea of badges you can equip and only have say five of em. To make your player unique, instead of primary secondary with pre chosen badges.

So you can get a j beyond your players capabilities or theoretically create steph, but you'd be giving up other things like westbrook, it's not like he can't hit 35 footers or 3s but he's way streakier. But he can do things curry can't too.

Again, as long as sharpshooter is a build of choice I don't see how 2k can be an enjoyable bball Sim even w all the threes people make now. Because it basically means there's only one build that can hit. Sure everyone can kinda hit but the difference between a sharp and everyone else is way larger than real life. Wb could probably force curry shots and hit 30 percent of them. Curry is gonna hit 45 or 50 that's a huge difference but in 2k it's like twice that.

Edit: so basically peoples skillet should be composed of abilities like catch n shoot. On top of their other skillset. Or limitless range. So like give dudes three offensive badges and three defensive/misc or something. To build a player. Make them interchangeable so you can balance them w o people wasting 100 bucks every time you do.

So like you can have a dude who shoots off the dribble, catches and shoots, and can pass let's say. But his catch and shoot ability would be a separate thing from his shoot off the dribble. That's the flaw of sharps, they are so good at shooting they can even make shots off the dribble at a high rate. They are just good at all shooting. But that's not how it works esp w bigs.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 11-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Korver, Reddick, JR Smith, Joe Harris, Wayne Ellington, Ryan Anderson, Allen Crabbe, CJ Miles. There are no pure sharp centers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree, the best way to make the game would be to have set builds. then we can pick a few badges to make our guy unique. No grind means no cash tho so we can't have too much fun unfortunately.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 11-02-2018, 10:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Big men: Anthony Tolliver, Channing Frye, Dirk, Ryan Anderson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »