Home

MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k Dev

This is a discussion on MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k Dev within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k Dev

MLO Community: Today is a very good day.

Due to our determination to make Myleague Online bug/error free, we've gotten the attention of a 2K MLO developer. He reached out to me to discuss our 50 page thread (he read all issues and is already working on fixes) and needed more information on a few of the issues we were facing.

I've been in discussion with him for the past few days and recieved his blessing on starting this thread. This thread will serve as an exclusive MLO error/bug/disconnect thread that will include answers directly from an MLO developer.

However, the developer requested that we bring issues to him in a specific format. Here's what we need:

Console:
Gamertag(s): - If it's two users, then you will need both gamertags
Timestamp (include timezone):
League File Name:
Issue:

ANY ISSUE THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE ABOVE FORMAT WILL NOT BE SENT IN. It's a waste of his time to try and find a bug when there is a much easier way to find it (my words, not his).

What we can bring to his attention:

• Current bugs / errors within MLO
  • Server issues such as disconnects, lags, syncing issues, etc.

We will leave suggestions and improvements out of this thread as there is already another thread for a wishlist.

Few notes:

1. I will be giving errors/issues to the developer every 2 days. We will allow him to remain private so that he is not flooded with issues not pertaining to MLO.

2. The developer will respond on each issue given to him as soon as we can, so we need to remain patient. We all know communication is key, so this is a big win for us. He has been super responsive since we started talking.

3. If you have a game that disconnected in MLO - send it in! The developer has access to server logs, which means he can see why the game dropped so that the servers can be improved, but can not do so if we do not let him know if a game drops.

4. Let's manage our expectations. Some things can easily be fixed, some things may take a patch or two to fix, and some things need more information. If something needs more information, I'll reach back out to the person that has the issue.

5. Videos / Screenshots are SUPER helpful. I would suggest streaming using twitch or mixer if you are constantly facing an issue so that he can see exactly what's going on.

-------------------------

LATEST UPDATES FROM DEVELOPER:

1. Contract extensions don't work for the first several seasons, meaning players remain undecided the entire season in the first season. You could actually test this by simming the first season in MLO and see if any players wanted to resign or decline to resign.
DEV: Ah, that sounds like it should be a relatively ‘easy’ fix. I don’t think we’ll be able to get that in for this patch, but it should be in for the following patch.

2. The shot clock resets to 24 instead of to 14 when a player is fouled. Happens in MLO but also know it happens in regular Myleague and Play Now.
DEV: Also sounds like an easy fix, probably not fixed in this patch, but should be fixed in the next patch.

3. Clear path fouls don't work in MLO.
DEV: Huh, that’s weird – it’s always tricky trying to debug gameplay-related problems in online game modes, but hopefully it should be an easy repro. We should likely have a fix for this in two patches.

4. There are a few RFA that don't have the option to do a Qualifying offer. These players include Bobby Portis, Terry Rozier, and Willie Cauley Stein. We aren't sure all of the players, but we definitely know these players show up as UFA.
DEV: That’s probably a problem for the roster team, but I’ll investigate and pass along my findings.

-------------------------

Feel free to start sending in issues in MLO and on Saturday I will personally email them to the developer.

Other than that, we finally have a direct line of communication to an 2k developer (specializing in MyLeague Online) that wants to help our community! Rejoice!

Last edited by joepatowski; 10-25-2018 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 AM   #2
Banned

Re: MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k

Great news

Game has felt super clunky and slow the last few days, and shooting is terrible

Not sure if this is an MLO thing or the game in general

Not really sure how to report that
Old 10-26-2018, 02:33 AM   #3
Banned

Re: MLO Community: Post Issues/Errors/Disconnects Here - Communicated Directly to 2k

Is this thread serious??? Lmao “determination” all of a sudden you guys wanna be determined now but not when the game released almost every park event is broken
Old 10-26-2018, 02:58 AM   #4
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Rofl 2k needs a thread on a public sports gaming forum to collect bugs for them?

He wants to help the community...how nice from him. How about you hire some testers that test the game before its actually released? It will benefit you in the longterm...

Last edited by 3ShowTime2; 10-26-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:02 AM   #5
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Joe pat do i need to repost my list in a specific format or has that been seen and addressed already?

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 04:47 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Taper Fade God
Great news

Game has felt super clunky and slow the last few days
, and shooting is terrible

Not sure if this is an MLO thing or the game in general

Not really sure how to report that
I feel the same.

Other than that thank you Joe and thank you to DaveZ which i'm sure that Dev is DaveZ. Such a classy guy.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:44 AM   #7
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Is this thread serious??? Lmao “determination” all of a sudden you guys wanna be determined now but not when the game released
This 50 page thread: Can we talk about Critical MyLeague Online Errors / Bugs? was created Sept 12th, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
almost every park event is broken
This thread isn't about park, we're trying to get things fixed in MyLeague Online.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:53 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Good stuff.

Ignore the comments adding zero value to the thread. They'll be removed going forward & the trolling will be dealt with.

Good to see you guys making progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »