Home

Defense in Live Court

This is a discussion on Defense in Live Court within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Defense in Live Court

I just started playing The One's Live Court and so far like many things about it. But, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong in defense. Some users have created players that I simply can not keep up with. Not that they are faster then me but because my player feels like he's on roller skates on ice and can not stop to gather his feet.

I have a 92 rated wing scorer and some players just keep crossing over left right, left right, and lose me in like 2 seconds and take a open 3. It's obvious this is a cheese move as i see it more and more again but wanted to ask what's the best way to stay in front of these cheesers? I'm on PS4 if someone can give good pointers.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Defense in Live Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I just started playing The One's Live Court and so far like many things about it. But, I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong in defense. Some users have created players that I simply can not keep up with. Not that they are faster then me but because my player feels like he's on roller skates on ice and can not stop to gather his feet.

I have a 92 rated wing scorer and some players just keep crossing over left right, left right, and lose me in like 2 seconds and take a open 3. It's obvious this is a cheese move as i see it more and more again but wanted to ask what's the best way to stay in front of these cheesers? I'm on PS4 if someone can give good pointers.

Thanks in advance!

Yea keep the stick more neutral. You have a jostle barrier around you so you need to stay in the little area where you're in between their crosses but moving mostly backward (if they're doing it all the way up the court) and neutral until you see a chance to body them. If you follow them you will always be a step behind. That's not really an amazing strategy anymore, but some people are really good. Like this one guy I played did two stop on a dime crosses into threes, were nice moves. Some people actually know how to cross over beyond just back n forth and it's harder. But mainly stay neutral and make them come to you would be my advice. When you do you can hit up on right stick and make them stop. It's still a good shot to me to pull if someone is alil to the side but most people on games only do one thing well.

Take a few losses by just staying completely neutral and see how little moving the stick is required to stay w people doing that then pounce and body or steal.

Edit : no turbo no l2 until you decide to try to body em. Can hold up on rs tho.

I'm tired of posting on forums for awhile haha. But try that.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-29-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Defense in Live Court

It’s nowhere near as clean as it was in 18. Users are just wiggling the right stick everywhere and it doesn’t take much for a break ankles animation. It’s embarrassing. I left 2K specifically to avoid that kind of nonsense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »