Home

i feel like this game is not for casual players at all

This is a discussion on i feel like this game is not for casual players at all within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
i feel like this game is not for casual players at all

i will try to keep this as short as possible and without any emotions as possible

think of this as feedback

i use to play ufc2 a lot, UT, and i kinda enjoy myself but i wasnt really focused on reaching anything higher than div6 due to absurd amount of cheese

i "recently" bought ufc 3 and i just want to share my experience

first things first, i just fought guy with CAF named after Adolf Hitler who had like 500-1000ms lag and this just represents one part of problem of this game and other ufc games and it s community and i dont really understand what s so great about CAFs which re either nazis, grand wizards of kkk, or some deformed ogres or whatever, that comes in hand with diabolic focus on win by any means,s o if there s 1 exploit, cheese, glitch etc. somebody can use against u they will and they will do it like 1000x times over and over and over

ufc1 demo basically brought me into UFC and since then i watch news, watch fights, learn things and one of the things which can really touch my soul, is trying to recreate epic moments from real UFC, but that s obviously not the case for lot of people out there and whatever disgusting weird looking cheese they can pull to win they will do it

so i bought ufc3 and i tried UT and omg that s like if u re real sadomasochist that s thing right there for u:

with bronze, silver or even golden fighter it looks to me like this is some kind of turn based game and as a casual player in UT div 3 with record like 53-35 i still dont understand what s going on

"Tutorial" videos doesnt explain anything at all, i dont understand why this is happening again, because same problem was in UFC2:

People dont understand what s going on and they wont spend hours doing experiements.

if u think that People in this statement is too harsh, replace it with casual players

from my observation i think UFC dev G.H. wants people to explore all of game mechanics and find hidden gems, but that s only fun for top players and players like me, we just hate being thrown into dark with no help whatsoever

that vulnerability system etc looks great but here s my experience:
in UT u will be fighting these days elite, epic fighters, people with +150 team level who just queue combos and i just end up helpless

that three "tutorial" videos doesnt help with anything, i read Altair s striking guide, that doesnt do anything for me either, only one thing that help me sometimes, is go back and throw straight that was in one of UFC dev videos

the new "push two buttons at same time" for uppercuts and complicated kicks, that s another struggle for me, i cant focus on that in the middle of the fight so i just simply dont use uppercuts, pushing, kicks etc.

i really didnt like how ppl in UFC2 UT especially in LWT div were all the time going forward and throwing insane hit stun combos over and over again

well new vulnerability, combo, combo queue system made it even worse, and this last fight i had with Adolf Hitler who was lagging, that was just last nail in the coffin, how would u feel, if somebody is going in lag forward for like 12mins, throwing jab, jab, hook, hook, and here and there body roundhouse and because of insane delay and vulnerability u cant even throw one counter punch.

i am talking about casual players here, i am not talking about top players in the world like martial mind etc. they can work with miniscule windows for everything, they can make money , they have youtube, tournaments etc. they can deal with stuff like this
i come tired from work iwant to relax and i dont want to spend hours researching and i dont really understand why things cannot be explained to players

please devs read xbox reviews on ufc 3, i went through them to see if i just sucks bad at game, or issues i experience re known to other ppls too

but i said i want to be short so here we go as fast as possible:

AI- i dont understand again, AI decides it will arm trap every strike from full mount, then AI will arm trap every strike, but AI is not good enough to not get knock out from side control with elbows, AI likes to reverse ur postured up guard a lot, AI likes to wide sidestep a lot, when AI decides it will check every leg kick because.. -this is very annoying when trying to do solo challenges like make this guy rocked 3 times and make him limp 3 times, i basically gave up doing any Decision in LiveEvents, because once u get into submission unless u have really high sub def, AI will decide that gates dont move and i am seriously not destroying 3rd controller on UFC3 (ufc1 standup click destroyed my 1st controller, high block on ufc2 my 2nd).

UT- placement is absurd, i won few fights because of basics of groundgame from ufc2, but placing me into Div3 is just absurd.
it s also absurd to be fighting 2 champions from div5 or higher, when i am trying to do daily for few leg kicks, and i can do literally nothing in that match

-penalty modifier???- i am div 3 with horrible record and sometimes i get -200 coins penalty modifier??? game hates me that much?

-after Hitler fight i guess some problems are down to netcode, otherwise i cant explain i am draining somebody s stamina for 3 rounds, so i end up having like 80% stamina while opponent has like 20% and somehow his sub def gates are lighting fast and sub def very low, no GS, no perks, but on other hand i get taken down with 100% GS,having like 97GSTA in stats, but my gates wont move, and everything happens on xbox x, 4k TV with 19ms in game mode, 65d/5u comcast and after all test i did, this must be netcode

another thing i dont understand here opponent on ground with flashing stamina bar and still can do transitions like nothings happening, while u re at stand up with flashing stamina bar u will be dead by well placed punch, kick

i also dont understand why full mount is so weak now

-i dont understand how jab, jab and going forward can be breaking block, like i am not expert on mma, but i dont remember any fight from last 5years

-i dont understand how realism was included if some people can throw from 400 to 500 strikes per match

-i dont understand how judges are judging match if u have 12mins of control in 3 rounds fight and it means absolutely nothing for scorecards

- i dont understand if i am champion here n there of div3 why i have to face champions of higher divs i have absolutely no chance to do anything to them

-menus of UT, why is everything is so slow and why if i am equipping my fighter and i am opening for example clinch it cant give me straight clinch moves but i have to open window and then filter clinch cards, it s horrible and eats too much time, why builds cannot be saved, doing Solo challenges u will spend more time equipping ur fighters than actually fighting

-opponent throwing body shots at me and i m throwing hooks at his head, but they seems doing no damage, why it have to be uppercut only?

-why is double leg kick cheese back? ufc2 was something like inside leg kick with calf kick, and now i see some people throwing fast leg kicks after each other, what is that combo? why ?

-there seems to be magnetic pull when i throw leg kick or body kick, which literally pulls enemy and his punch in my face, i know this is suppose to be vulnerability but it really looks to me like there s some magnetic storm pulling guy there

-leg kick health event, when my leg stats are low and u meet some ppls in UT, they might focus on spamming combos and hitting ur legs again again what will result u will fall into ground, when u re ground they will kick ur legs again, u stand up, kick again u fall etc.i mean i dont know wouldnt be wise to maybe add little leg health to UT fighters or change leg KO, because this is just looking so weird

-clinch rock is absurd, i know for top players clinch is weak these days, but for us mortals, well u get caught into clinch and u get 1,2 body knees and u suddenly rock?

-i dont understand how somebody can deny takedown, while one of his leg is STILL in air, it s big mystery to me

-i dont understand why people who have higher stats and skill refusing to finish people quickly and rather they will be standing there not engaing, taunting and other, i dont understand why i cant just tap out to strikes or tap out and leave this match, i leave this match i will get DNF

-i dont understand why is accuracy in the game, why is head movement in game or even footwork/block in game, when i can be chased down at any time and it seems only real defense in ufc3 is offense and for me that s weird

i really try to enjoy this game, but i dont understand why it s so hard to get real information
it s just not fun to being chased down by junior dos santos, mcgregors constantly throwing some chains, or just going forward forever and throwing quick elbow, knee

u think u re making game way too complicated and with changes which can be enjoyed only by top players in world, which majority of people couldnt care less if there s big or minor slip

i tried one ranked match after that i was done with whole ranked, my ngannou got outboxed by cormier and i just had it, nothing about distance, when throw lunging punches, when not, how to put combos together etc. nothing is really explained

and i dont really understands at the end of day why u dont want to properly explain ur game to everyone. i cant even fight people in UT on my skill level because there s almost nobody these days.
and i want enjoy game, but i dont have time for finding needle in haystack.
i want to enjoy all of these new fighters etc. but how i can do that when i just dont understand what s going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #2
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Re: i feel like this game is not for casual players at all

The main thing of your complaining is the lack of tutorial - I agree 100%, answered about this to you here to keep the problem and ideas for this in one place.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049581946
Old 10-20-2018, 06:21 AM   #3
Pro

- The lack of a comprehensive tutorial is a bit silly, I agree.

- It pains me to say it, but UT sucks. Creating my own fighter and competing online has been my favorite thing since Fight Night, but it's absolutely terrible so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in this game.

Play quick match or ranked instead.

- AI is a bit silly and exploitable, but it doesn't really matter what game you play, you'll eventually find areas the AI is too good at or not at all able to deal with. It's the nature of programming.

- Every other thing you said comes down to not being familiar with the mechanics or simply not having the skill to properly deal with said tactics yet. Thai clinch is annoying, but not broken. Same with leg kicks, body hooks, relentless forward pressure, etc.

Check out this topic:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...orials-42.html

You can post the specific tactics you have trouble beating and people will happily tell you how they do it. If you do that one problem at a time, eventually you'll know how to deal with all the things you mentioned (at least in principle).
Old 10-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
MVP

To me, your accusation is one of the highest compliments a game could ever receive. It means they didn't cut corners for the casual experience. They didn't sacrifice the integrity of the game's mechanics.

That being said, it really doesn't seem like your issue is with the game not catering to the casual player base. Your main issues stem from the bastion of never ending hell that is UFC 3's Ultimate Team.

It's not the rule, but most of the time someone has a problem with the game, it's because they play Ultimate Team near exclusively. STOP PLAYING UT. You simply get a watered down, terrible experience that is not indicative of the actual gaming mechanics.

No outrageous CAFs, no overblown and uneven stats, no crazy arsenal of every ridiculous kick in the game, no abuse of 100 power/stamina to throw 500 punches without gassing.

I'm almost 100% certain removing UT from the game would make almost everyone who has a problem with the game actually enjoy it.

As for anything else that doesn't have to do with UT, you just have to get better. You may just want to sit down and play the game after work, but that doesn't entitle you to win matches. You are more than welcome to hop on to quick match and get fights that actually resemble a real fight about 50% of the time. But again, if you want to win, you have to learn how to press two buttons at the same time (which is honestly the easiest part about the UFC learning curve) among other things. It will increase your enjoyment, but I would say getting better at the game wouldn't even increase the fun more than quitting UT would.

Seriously. Stop playing Ultimate Team.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
To me, your accusation is one of the highest compliments a game could ever receive. It means they didn't cut corners for the casual experience. They didn't sacrifice the integrity of the game's mechanics.

That being said, it really doesn't seem like your issue is with the game not catering to the casual player base. Your main issues stem from the bastion of never ending hell that is UFC 3's Ultimate Team.

It's not the rule, but most of the time someone has a problem with the game, it's because they play Ultimate Team near exclusively. STOP PLAYING UT. You simply get a watered down, terrible experience that is not indicative of the actual gaming mechanics.

No outrageous CAFs, no overblown and uneven stats, no crazy arsenal of every ridiculous kick in the game, no abuse of 100 power/stamina to throw 500 punches without gassing.

I'm almost 100% certain removing UT from the game would make almost everyone who has a problem with the game actually enjoy it.

As for anything else that doesn't have to do with UT, you just have to get better. You may just want to sit down and play the game after work, but that doesn't entitle you to win matches. You are more than welcome to hop on to quick match and get fights that actually resemble a real fight about 50% of the time. But again, if you want to win, you have to learn how to press two buttons at the same time (which is honestly the easiest part about the UFC learning curve) among other things. It will increase your enjoyment, but I would say getting better at the game wouldn't even increase the fun more than quitting UT would.

Seriously. Stop playing Ultimate Team.
I agree with the UT, but disagree with the initial statement. Right now we lack a proper tutorial. On most sports games like Madden you can have individualized tutorials to really increase your skill level from beginner to basic to advanced and elite.

IMO, a comprehensive tutorial would be huge. You can have a White Belt to Black Belt progression level in Grappling and Striking. In the white belt level you will learn how to shoot a takedown and initiate a clinch, on the black belt level you learn about which takedown is most effective at what range and how GA plays a significant role. At the white belt level of striking you learn about fast strikes vs modified strikes, at the black belt level you learn about frame freezing. The black belt level would give us the opportunity to teach the more "Gamey" parts.

Each tutorial is accompanied with various tailored Drills (such as drilling denials at different speeds + feints depending on belt level) that would really help you master things like Uppercuts, chaining combinations and denying transition. Or practicing which range is perfect to shoot a double. This may require boosting AI in some areas and neglecting them in others, but I think this would be absolutely huge for the game . I do think its unfair to new players because at this point I've had three games of practice and a lot of things carry over so the learning curve for us becomes about the smaller fine details patched in. Overall with a better tutorial people could jump in, practice a ton and feel like they truly got better. Rather than learning through losing (which is certainly a great way to learn but only in the context of our current system)

And to reiterate to the OP, quit on UT. I have always personally been against UT because I think it's an absolute terrible thing to have in games and hinders gameplay development as money gets poured into that department. But EA UFC 3's UT in general is just quite terrible.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 10-20-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I agree with the UT, but disagree with the initial statement. Right now we lack a proper tutorial. On most sports games like Madden you can have individualized tutorials to really increase your skill level from beginner to basic to advanced and elite.
His point is that developers tend to simplify game mechanics (and as a result make the game more shallow) to cater to casuals.

In this game, grappling is complex. Striking has a ton of factors you need to consider when deciding to throw strikes. Which means you have to actually learn all the intricacies to be effective. You can just jump in, press buttons and expect to win. As Retracted said, that's to the game's strength.

He never said he wasn't in favor of a tutorial explaining said mechanics.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:09 AM   #7
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Simply put, too much of the game depends on tricky in-game under the hood mechanics instead of real life situations.

Everything is also either just too robotic, unnatural, or unresponsive (or all of the above). Ignoring the fact that head movement is less restricted in Fight Night, if you see someones jab coming & you simply pull your head back, it's evaded, beautiful. But in EA UFC, it feels like the game commits to the striking animation connecting (esp with combos), before you can respond. Unfortunately, basic blocking feels this way as well.

It definitely feels less scripted in FN but it's undoubtedly more responsive. Things like that frustrate everyone, esp casuals. The game is too reliant on video game tricks & response time is just not good.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-21-2018, 02:50 AM   #8
MVP

Honestly ...you would have to search for tips online to even know about these things . Knowing is one thing ...implementing the knowledge is something else .

A heavily detailed in game tutorial would help a lot .

My guys how are good tekken and MK players are often shocked at how complicated the game is .

I'm not saying make it less complicated ...I'm just advocating for a central base of information front and center in the game itself which should constantly updated .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »