Home

Game Difficulty

This is a discussion on Game Difficulty within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game Difficulty

Legendary and Hard Difficulties
No difficulty in this game provides an epic match

Too many matches are ending cause of Top rope dives or corner moves and signatures. Causes matches to be really short before they become "fun".

Sliders or paybacks have no effect on the CPU's resiliency

It really sucks this game can't deliver in this area NEEDS A PATCH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Re: Game Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kad_larrod
Legendary and Hard Difficulties
No difficulty in this game provides an epic match

Too many matches are ending cause of Top rope dives or corner moves and signatures. Causes matches to be really short before they become "fun".

Sliders or paybacks have no effect on the CPU's resiliency

It really sucks this game can't deliver in this area NEEDS A PATCH
In my experience, I disagree with you.

While I agree that even on Legendary, odds are I am going to win a normal 1 on 1 match, I have noticed that paybacks especially have a big influence on the match. I've played in what I thought would be a 1 sided squash match in my favor, but due to the CPU using paybacks, the match has turned into a competitive affair with the CPU able to start taking control and dishing out some offense, and sometimes presenting a threat that I could lose, and sometimes, yes, even losing!

I almost had a long term Universe Mode story arc ruined in a recent match due to nearly losing a match that I assumed was just going to be a squash match.

I do agree that ultimately, it is easier than not, even on Legendary difficulty, but I disagree that it is so easy so as to not allow high quality matches. TBH, this is probably the most in-ring fun I have had in a WWE game in a very long time.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
In my experience, I disagree with you.

While I agree that even on Legendary, odds are I am going to win a normal 1 on 1 match, I have noticed that paybacks especially have a big influence on the match. I've played in what I thought would be a 1 sided squash match in my favor, but due to the CPU using paybacks, the match has turned into a competitive affair with the CPU able to start taking control and dishing out some offense, and sometimes presenting a threat that I could lose, and sometimes, yes, even losing!

I almost had a long term Universe Mode story arc ruined in a recent match due to nearly losing a match that I assumed was just going to be a squash match.

I do agree that ultimately, it is easier than not, even on Legendary difficulty, but I disagree that it is so easy so as to not allow high quality matches. TBH, this is probably the most in-ring fun I have had in a WWE game in a very long time.
This is very interesting. Are you just playing out of the box legendary difficulty without any slider adjustments?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
This is very interesting. Are you just playing out of the box legendary difficulty without any slider adjustments?
Yes. I haven't made any changes other than setting it to Legendary.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1

Considering its wrestling and not an actual sport, I like to to leave the difficulty on Normal. I let the computer perform moves on me to make it a more exciting match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
Considering its wrestling and not an actual sport, I like to to leave the difficulty on Normal. I let the computer perform moves on me to make it a more exciting match.
No offense but to hell with that last years game on legend difficulty you would regularly have back and forth matches naturally. Also the main event characters controlled by the CPU would actually kick out of more than one finisher/signature move
Old 10-24-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
No offense but to hell with that last years game on legend difficulty you would regularly have back and forth matches naturally. Also the main event characters controlled by the CPU would actually kick out of more than one finisher/signature move
I really have not messed with the games default attributes out of the box because I am still having the most fun I have ever had in a wrestling game. I am not having the same experience you are having and the paybacks create another dynamic in this game that makes you keep on your toes.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:21 PM   #8
Rookie

JasonIsGod's Arena

Is legendary difficulty a big step up from playing on hard?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »