Home

Progression

This is a discussion on Progression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Progression

I知 in year 3 (2020) of my Raiders franchise and it seems as though the only 90+ OVR players are players that were on teams in 2018. I知 pretty sure no drafted player is over 85 OVR, at least not skill position guys. So no one had taken the league by storm. Overall team rating seem to be dropping into the 70痴, not that it matters all that much since it effects every team. Did I maybe miss something in my settings? Or is this a result of using an edited draft class?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 12:44 AM   #2
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Progression

Exp sliders. Check out Tdawgs, they are working well for me through 2 years. It really takes about a season and a half for a low 80s Star or higher dev to break 90 if the scheme is right.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:55 AM   #3
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Cool, thanks. I値l check them out.

Old 10-19-2018, 08:20 AM   #4
MVP

Every third season i count how many starters at each position are 90 or above. My aim is three per position per starter. I consider some positions as split so mlb/dt would aim for 5 each, wr about 7 and 6 tackles, 6 guards ect. I then lower and raise xp sliders accordingly. I don't feel that one set of x sliders can serve through a long franchise as generated players are so different to existing rosters.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Progression is a bit harder this year for rookies, makes you consider trading for draft picks a lot more than previous years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I've been having a very different experience. I'm going to have to tone down my xp sliders from the default because guys are progressing too quickly. Last season i drafted a running back that was a 78. I had a good season with him, but he is a 99 now. That seems a bit much, even for an MVP season. I've noticed it with my corners as well. I've got three guys that are between 95-99. Even defensive live is like this.

From what i can tell, if you train guys in your scheme with the coach boost they're going to go up 1 point every 1-2 weeks just from that and if they have a good game they'll go up another point in that time. I enjoy progressing players for sure, but sometimes it's a bit much.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I've been having a very different experience. I'm going to have to tone down my xp sliders from the default because guys are progressing too quickly. Last season i drafted a running back that was a 78. I had a good season with him, but he is a 99 now. That seems a bit much, even for an MVP season. I've noticed it with my corners as well. I've got three guys that are between 95-99. Even defensive live is like this.

From what i can tell, if you train guys in your scheme with the coach boost they're going to go up 1 point every 1-2 weeks just from that and if they have a good game they'll go up another point in that time. I enjoy progressing players for sure, but sometimes it's a bit much.
Weird, i havent touched my default XP sliders and i drafted SS with SS status at 80 and after two seasons he is a 92. He is my fastest progressor. Even Derwin James after three seasons is a 88 with Star status. Both are balling it very well getting 5-6 INTs a season.
Others arent progressing as fast as id like.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Weird, i havent touched my default XP sliders and i drafted SS with SS status at 80 and after two seasons he is a 92. He is my fastest progressor. Even Derwin James after three seasons is a 88 with Star status. Both are balling it very well getting 5-6 INTs a season.
Others arent progressing as fast as id like.

Is he a scheme fit? And are you training him each week? Do you have the coach xp package for game XP and the one for training DB's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »