Home

NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

This is a discussion on NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

2k seriously messed up. They made there game so defensive that it’s not even a fun game to play anymore. Watching the Rockets vs Pelicans game where there is no Anthony Davis getting stymied by Chris Paul on a drive to the basket, there is complete freedom of movement has made me realize how horrible of a simulation NBA 2k19 really is. Anthony Davis finishing contested shots in the paint with extreme regularity and and perimeter players penetrating and turning the corner in tonight’s game makes 2k look like an eyesore to watch. I’m a complete and utter sim head but what I’ve seen so far in the NBA preseason and 2 days of regular season ball compared to a month an change of NBA 2k19 ball really makes me not want to pick up the game again only to be frustrated. Am I the only one that notices this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Re: NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

In fairness, the NBA in real life has turned into a defensive joke the last few years. Generally speaking, once the Thibodeau Bulls and Grit & Grind Grizzlies broke up, defense was officially dead.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Ya Houston was horrible defensively tonight, not sure I’m gonna base 2Ks D on that game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-17-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Ya Houston was horrible defensively tonight, not sure I’m gonna base 2Ks D on that game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Watch any other basketball game. It’s not just Houston. New Orleans their opponent or any other NBA game. It’s a game of freedom of movement and not a bunch of meaningless unrealistic physicality

Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I get what your saying but...video games/ real life...just two separate worlds man. This thread always helps me appreciate that.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=861579
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

hurricane- if you want zero resistance in moving around you can pick up nba 2k18 and don't adjust any sliders.. You can trigger hip rides all day to the hoop
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
hurricane- if you want zero resistance in moving around you can pick up nba 2k18 and don't adjust any sliders.. You can trigger hip rides all day to the hoop

Great advice because that’s what I said in my original message. 🤨

Old 10-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #8
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I guess the ultimate point is that the way 2K18 did it was more realistic. I mean, if they would've just heavily beefed up the good defenders so that blow-by animation couldn't happen against them, it would've been fine.

If you have a bad or even mediocre slow defender on you, there absolutely should be an easy blow-by. That's how it is in real life. But in terms of balance, you compensate how easy it is to drive by making layups/dunks more difficult to hit. And it's not just this Pelicans/Rockets game, it's pretty much any real NBA game man.

2K18 blow-bys were too easy, yes, but I'd say only because it was easy to hit layups and especially contact dunks were triggering too often.

It can be balanced in a realistic manner, but they went way too far in the other direction. Can't stress it enough that with how the AI defenders play, very often would it be a foul in real life...

This is kinda why I really wished they would've had like an option for offline players to keep the 2K18 style defense if they want, just as an option. Sliders alone aren't enough to get rid of the psychic AI defense that plays up on you way too much. I've tried. The 2K19 hipride isn't the same as the 2K18 one, it's way less effective and slows you down so much even on bad defenders.

Last edited by m29a; 10-18-2018 at 01:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »