Home

60 Speed Threshold/Fast Game Speed & CPU 85 Run Blocking

This is a discussion on 60 Speed Threshold/Fast Game Speed & CPU 85 Run Blocking within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
60 Speed Threshold/Fast Game Speed & CPU 85 Run Blocking

Sup OS, just wanted to give a quick opinion on the threshold slider and Game speed.

For the longest i have been debating the best Speed threshold setting while also getting the tempo of an actual NFL game down pat.

Ive vouched for both 0 and 100 speed thresholds before, but in doing so i would always have to compromise certain gameplay elements in order to compliment the specific threshold.

Recently i have decided to go back to the basics and began building my sliders based off of the real life eye test.

I've gone back down to All-Pro to allow a even balance of ratings to the USER/CPU.

Next, i begin to base threshold around the slowest players in the game.

Default 50 is decent because that's the speed of the slowest player in the game, but it also doesn't allow offensive lineman to get upfield in time for run blocks, which can hurt averages over time.

Tom Brady has a 61 Speed rating. We could all agree Tom Brady is top 5 slowest players in the NFL at the moment and definitely the slowest QB right now next to Eli Manning and Foles.

Putting the Speed threshold at 60 allows the slowest QB in the league (Brady) to still be his usual slowness ALONG with the potential of a speed drop because of fatigue throughout a game.

Upping the Threshold to 60 still allows there to be a class of "Very slow" players.

65 threshold would boost Brady's speed from a 61 to a 65, which is what we want to avoid.
At 70+ Speed thresholds, you could scramble at a decent rate with Brady which would completely break the game.

Now with my threshold at 60, Offensive lineman get a boost to their blocking across the board and allows for realistic interactions between the O-line and D-line.
Combine this with a 85 CPU run block setting and the CPU run game looks beautiful.

85-95 Run block is the sweet spot for the CPU run game. After viewing the block shed of D-Lineman, 85 seems to be the cut off between the Good and Elite block shedders.
With an 85+ run block setting, only the guys like Donald, Atkins and Suh would constantly blow up runs in the backfield because anyone with a block shed rating of 85 or less will be neutralized more often than not.

Fast Game speed is where it's at. Ball in air time along with pocket time are both spot on with real life. Huge improvement to every facet of the game because of how smoothly everything interacts.

Overall Observations:

*DB/WR matchups are now in sync. Feels like every cornerback offers a new style of coverage and not just the same generic DB's doing boneheaded things.
Also funny how the Pass Coverage and Reaction slider works correctly with these settings and basically have a near perfect setup for pass coverage:

QB Accuracy: 24
Pass Blocking: 0
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 75
Int: 55
Pass Coverage: 65

*Run blockers think logically and get uphill instead of freezing at the LOS and becoming statues. Holes open and close rapidly which allows for some dynamic running plays

*Pass blocking is realistic. No more just standing in the pocket to pick off the defense, pocket mobility is now more fun AND needed at the same time to extend plays. 3 seconds is the average time in the pocket and anymore than that, you better be on the move.

Will be posting my updated sliders soon but wanted to share this base with anyone that's interested.

Last edited by The ArkanSaw; 10-14-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 60 Speed Threshold/Fast Game Speed & CPU 85 Run Blocking

Please do post your settings. Always anxious to see what people are cooking up
Old 10-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

kylesedlacko's Arena

I’ll for sure load these up when you post your full sliders. I’m sick of hunting around for a set, and this is the most intriguing one I’ve seen.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Please do post your settings. Always anxious to see what people are cooking up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesedlacko
I’ll for sure load these up when you post your full sliders. I’m sick of hunting around for a set, and this is the most intriguing one I’ve seen.
Here you go guys, Just updated my set.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...9-sliders.html
Old 10-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #5
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

The only thing about your settings , is fast game speed is broken in terms of a glitch on kick and punt returns where the returner glides for about a second before you can control him. Other wise I like your theory and slider approach . Once that issue is fixed fast speed should be the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 02:45 AM   #6
Banned

I have seen the gliding on normal and slow!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »