Home

Biggest wish for UFC 4: offline options

This is a discussion on Biggest wish for UFC 4: offline options within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Biggest wish for UFC 4: offline options

UFC 3 is a great game! However, I'm coming to realise, that unless I play almost everyday, I'm not able to stay sharp enough to actually have fun online. People will always find a way to cheese the otherwise phenomenal gameplay mechanics, thus making it REALLY tiresome playing online.

UFC 4 first and foremost needs to reinvent the ground and clinch game, to make it more dynamic, chaotic etc. Faking transitions, and lying stationary in a position, should really not be a thing... There needs to be an element of "fight" in the grappling.

Second on my wish list though. Make it possible to go offline and actually have fun. Career mode was alright the first playthrough, but training camps are tedious, story is way too scripted, and you fight the same fighters over and over. Belt doesn't change hands, there's no new prospects coming through and developing. The best fighters, who have close to unbeaten records, there's no logic behind the other fighters' wins and losses (Jones having 35 wins and 15 losses but still being ranked top 5). A guy like Jones should win almost all of his fights. Guys should retire, so you don't fight 40-50-something year olds...
I've enjoyed tournament mode, but make an enjoyable, customisable career mode, where you feel like having actual control. Being able to pick the moves yourself, without having to change camp, or learning a bunch of useless moves in order to get a level 1 roundhouse...
Also, Universe Mode would be SICK, if done right!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Biggest wish for UFC 4: offline options

I would like a faster matchmaking online
Old 10-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Classic fights/ultimate fights mode NEEDS to come back. By far my most favorite game mode in all of combat sports

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Yeah, I really need a Universe/Camp mode. A solo career based mode is impossible to keep realistic while trying to enjoy having multiple fights. By the time you have 20 fights, you're approx in year 5 already.

With some kind of Camp Manager feature within a Universe mode, you could contol & manage about a dozen fighters you can have 48 fights in one calender year. Have a Universe mode where you can choose to go Solo, Manage a Camp or basically be Dana.

As far as Camp Managing goes, add the ability to manage Striking, Wrestling, BJJ and other various coaches, and you got a lot to keep you busy within a mode like this already. Pick and choose real fighters and create your own for your camp. Retired fighters can become trainers/coaches. Ratings can fluctuate with age & damage. I think it's the most ideal way to create a career mode and it would be an awesome online feature for hardcore leagues.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #5
Rookie

a good deep dive tutorial system explaining the different game mechanics with achievements attached to encourage ppl to use and learn from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
Rookie

I think fast matchmaking is coming ufc ea 4 i think so because ufc ea 3 is the worst i ever saw
Old 10-15-2018, 01:21 PM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

This might be crazy to some people...but I remember playing Throwdown or Sudden Impact back in the day and some of the roster was locked. You'd have to win 10 fights in a row before you'd unlock another character. Then use that character and win 10 fights in a row with him and you unlock another. I remember loving that.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
Pro

First I liked the idea of a "The Journey"-like experience, but then again, that's meant to be a one-of-a-kind experience as it's... kinda unreplayable given its repetitiveness.

But this idea of a camp manager-type thing would be amazing. There's so many story options to make: camp rivalries, signings, custom training sessions. I'm salivating at the thought of it.

Career mode in EAUFC3 is... fine, but it's no real joy to replay. In the end, it's a bunch of little 'missions' and an endless string of very sterile fights. They only show off the special animations a very limited number of times. They even removed the minigames which were a fun optional in-between thing. And in general, choice is just taken away from the player entirely, especially when you become champ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »