Home

FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

Hi sim fans!

This thread is dedicated to FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders. Post you thoughts about it. Do you think the tactics work properly? Are you editing the default tactics? Are CPU teams using edited tactics? Etc...

Regards to all!

The following are my suggested Teams Custom Tactics. The values were estimated (calculated) using real life stats.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- tactics were calculated using multiple real life stats until a specific league fixture. So stats/sliders values will most probably change as season progress;
- more leagues may be added if requested;
- this is just a theoretic exercise (wasn't tested in game). Feedback is welcome;
- gameplay sliders and players instructions are not the subject of this thread.

SOME INFO:

- these are just the balanced tactics. Ultra Defensive (UD) & Ultra Offensive (UO) should be adapted;
- Defensive Depth: slider values 1 and 10 were not used. They are reserved to UD & UO tactics;
- Players In Box: slider values 1, 2, 9 and 10 were not used. They are reserved to UD & UO tactics;
- Players In Set Pieces: slider values 1 and 5 were not used. They are reserved to UD & UO tactics.

Enjoy!
Ricardo

England - BPL

England - Championship

Spain - La Liga

Italy - Serie A

Germany - Bundesliga

Germany - 2. Bundesliga

France - Ligue 1

Portugal - Liga NOS

Holland - Eredivisie

Russia - Premier League

Turkey - Super Lig

USA - MLS

Brazil - Brasileirão

Argentina - Primera (stats until fixture 15)

China - Super League

Last edited by ricardodc; 06-28-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

Re: FIFA 19 Teams Tactics Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Tonight I played three tries of Real vs Bohemians. I started as Bohemians. I edited City tactics to play deep and longball. They basically played their high pressure all game. Announcers even said the pressure was up.

Like others have been saying in the slider forum, Real was putting in a ton of crosses. I tried playing a wider defensively with the tactics adjusted as such. Seemed to help a bit, but (playing on Pro setting) my defenders really gave Real the wings and FB. When I instructed the Real FB to not overlap and stay back it reduced the number of crosses, but still seemed like there were more crosses than you'd expect.

I then switched to play as Real. At least on Pro it was pretty amazingly clear how much faster the Real players are (I didn't try legendary to see if that equilibrates the speed). I set Bohemians to long ball and play very deep. I also changed their "attacking" gameplan from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-2-4, and I moved their CB to the front line and their striker and CAM to the back line. Default tactics of Bohemians was balanced; their back line wasn't as deep.

Game started and they sat back deep like I hoped. They didn't pressure the ball. Didn't get too many opportunities to play the ball long. In the second half I moved the controller back to Bohemians. Stood on the ball and changed their gameplan to 'attacking'. Moved the controller back to the middle. Their pressure in the plan was to constant pressure. They played for pretty much the half with 4 men up front, including both center backs, before I ended the game.

So what I would want to do next is make 4 obvious game plan changes so that it would be clear what was going on (4 attacking players...or 5 in the back...constant pressure vs possession) with a lower level team and play out the game to see if during the game it is obvious the opposition is changing their plan. I'm pretty sure it is what I saw in Matt's stream the other day but would want to verify since tactics aren't his bag.

The challenge would be that you have 5 plans per team, how do you make the teams play "like real life" with those options and the time it would take to set those up in advance of starting a CM, or being able to extract real-life stats to suggest the set ups for all these teams. Then of course , if you set them up, right now i'm not sure if they will change plans on their own. Another thing if you don't have the game yet is these plans all are based on their starting lineups. So you may want to have 3 forwards in an attacking plan when normally you play a striker and CAM with 5 at the back. when you set the plan up, you have to utilize the 11 in your starting line up to set up that new formation. Perhaps when I test with radical formations and personnel, I'll see if the CPU 1) adjusts during the game, and 2) makes subs to get the more appropriate personnel on the pitch to optimize their new plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernadez
We spoke before about replicating tactics to cut down on work and time. So for example there might be only 3 created tactics but the attacking and defensive one would both be duplicated to fill the 5 slots.

Think that would be the way to go.
I probably will start doing only default tactics for all teams, using a similar method like in FIFA 18. If things work well, I will later try to add one Ultra Defending and another Ultra attacking tactic for all teams. If anyone wants to contribute, just tell me.

Post your own work if you want to use a different approach.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

ricardodc,
I like your work. I would love to have your spreadsheets for '19, but I know its a time consuming task. In ways, I can see how the change might prevent us from getting particular playing styles.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

I did a trial last night where I gave Bohemians a 4-2-4 setup for attacking and ultra-attacking vs Real; Real got up 4-0 but I really didn't notice a change in shape or play from the opponents. I don't know for sure if you can see in the team management window if they have made a change in their plan when (if) the CPU does it on the fly. I do know when I manually change their plan it does show later when I check their team management screen as the active plan. Later I played on Legendary and Bohemians got the lead...i didn't really see them sit back to defend it...they seemed to play their balanced style all game.

WOuld need more testing; I may try my Liverpool/Palace matchup where I really know the players and know when someone is out of position, and do the same thing: setup Liverpool with a wacky defensive and offensive plan, then reload and do the same for Palace.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Pro

1860fan's Arena

hello ricardoc wanted to ask you if I change the tactics so of you, then I have to save everything for the CPU, and then start a CM?
or do I have to do that with a 2 controller from game to game in the CM?
and I can then perform no squad update, otherwise everything is deleted again or ..?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

Today I re-set the sliders to Matt10 & Co. current (new) set which I thought played well on Pro 15 min halves for me.

I played Liverpool against CPU Palace, then Palace against CPU Liverpool.

I changed the tactics and the game plans using the 2 controller method. I didn't use what Ricardo has on the main page but wanted to see if the CPU would change their own plan. I set palace up so that in Attacking or Defending plans, Sakho and Tompkins would be playing up front. Liverpool led for most of the game but at 75 Palace got one back (Palace was at home). The whole game felt like Palace just played their default tactics and game plan. Game ended 1-1.

I then reloaded (see, you can do that, you don't have to keep a CM forever if you don't like it just by not saving or deleting) . This time I loaded the Palace CM and played as them. I reset all 4 game plans for Liverpool to 4-2-4. With Matt's sliders as Palace I couldn't do anything. The reds were all over me (though not a press-fest like last year). I did set their defensive line deeper than normal and it looked like they obeyed. By 75th minute they were up by 4-0. The still were in their 4-3-3. So I went to the 'select sides', selected liverpool with the second controller, went back into the game and changes their plan to ultra-defensive. Then switched them back to CPU control. For the remainder of the match they played 4-2-4 with Gomez, Van Dijk, Loveren and Robinson playing up top and Salah, Mane, etc playing the back line. They never reverted to their default balanced set. At 86 minutes I checked and they were still in the ultra-defensive mode. They won 5-0 (yes their forward defenders got one off me).

So I am not convinced the CPU will change their gameplan mid stream. With 2 controllers I know that I can make changes for them that are logical. With Liverpool up 4-0 I may have played them more defensive or, being Liverpool may have decided that I was no match and try to rack up the goals with an attacking style.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1860fan
hello ricardoc wanted to ask you if I change the tactics so of you, then I have to save everything for the CPU, and then start a CM?
and I can then perform no squad update, otherwise everything is deleted again or ..?
I'm pretty sure the second controller method is better . Game to game

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1860fan
Here is what you can do to see this for yourself. Sorry this isn't a short answer.

SAVE the roster you have been working on and editing to a different file name so you don't lose it. To be extra sure: Save that file to a flash or thumb drive.

Then load a roster file, like the default roster file. Then go to Liverpool and West Ham and edit the game plans and the tactics for both teams to something wild you will easily know is different from the default that came with the game. then start a CM. If you have 2 controllers, sim to the first game of the season, Liverpool v West ham, and check that the two teams' tactics were saved just like you edited. If you only have one controller, check that one team to make sure it is edited as you wanted, then come out of the game menu (don't play the game) and save so that CM is ready to start at that same opening game.

Come out of CM and download the latest roster and save it as something you'll know is the new roster. Now go back into your saved CM and look at that first game again to see if the tactics are just as you left them, or if they were all over ridden by loading the new roster. Then you will have your answer.

As I've been saying over and over, the two controller method works. As others have said if you save your roster file that you are editing and load IT to start a CM not the downloaded online rosters your edits will be there. It should work the same if you edit all the CPU tactics in the main menu, save the roster file as a new file name and use it as start your CM (i.e., don't download the new rosters when starting a CM and have your preferred file loaded), but I haven't tried it for tactics nor do I plan to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »