Home

Chased down from behind?

This is a discussion on Chased down from behind? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Chased down from behind?

My players have consistently been chased down from behind all year long on big plays. (Break aways, kick off returns, big runs, etc).

Is there something that I’m not realizing this year? It’s not slow players either, Duke Johnson Jr and Callaway have been the most recent victims.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Chased down from behind?

I lost an online game due to this. To end the first half Chris Thompson broke a run vs a light box 76 yards. Should’ve been a touchdown.. nobody in site and got caught from behind. That ended up being the reason I lost .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Yep even with speed threshold on zero it still happens. Needs a patch for that.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I think there may be an issue with the user draining the stamina with the fatigue setting at default. As your usering you probably trying to pulll off all these moves right? While the defense is just running & trying to tackle and cover. Something is off were the cpu players are not draining as much as the user, like its not balanced.Madden is penalizing you for doing these moves and not the defenders. I have my settings on 0 threshold & fatigue at 5 & I cant remember a time getting caught from behind. Im happy with this setting. Sometimes you have to think out of the box & try different things with Madden.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-10-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I think there may be an issue with the user draining the stamina with the fatigue setting at default. As your usering you probably trying to pulll off all these moves right? While the defense is just running & trying to tackle and cover. Something is off were the cpu players are not draining as much as the user, like its not balanced.Madden is penalizing you for doing these moves and not the defenders. I have my settings on 0 threshold & fatigue at 5 & I cant remember a time getting caught from behind. Im happy with this setting. Sometimes you have to think out of the box & try different things with Madden.

Accept I didn’t make one move

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Accept I didn’t make one move. If you read my post I said

We're you mashing Sprint? ^Except

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I pulled off an 88-yard touchdown run with Ezekiel Elliott the other day on All-Madden difficulty, so it's definitely possible to break away on default settings.

There are a couple things to keep in mind for breakaway runs:

1 - Madden rates everyone except for the fastest players incredibly closely with respect to SPD and ACC. Well over 50% of the player population of WRs, CBs, and RBs has ratings between 89 and 92 here. There's not a whole lot of breakaway potential unless you are using a player with elite breakaway ability such as Tyreek Hill.

2 - Defensive tacklers probably have more stamina to catch up than you do, because they aren't doing spins / jukes / stiff arms / etc. Don't expect a breakaway chance unless you get an incredibly obvious hole with zero resistance.

3 - Players get caught from behind in real life, especially on rushing plays, so expectations about being able to clear the entire defense for the score once you get into the open field is probably a bit off. Since the start of the 2017 season up through today (including playoff games), there have been 440 rushes of 20 or more yards, and only 80 of those plays ended in touchdowns; less than 20%. There have also been 78 rushes which gained 50+ yards, and only 37 of those runs ended in touchdowns (less than 50%).
Old 10-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #8
Rookie

I’ve noticed that as a ball carrier sometimes if I change direction that is more than just a minor angle it will completely drain all of my stamina. This especially happens when they do that broken jump cut that nfl athletes shouldn’t have to do t change direction

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »