Home

MLB the show 19 or BUST

This is a discussion on MLB the show 19 or BUST within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB the show 19 or BUST

I'm to the point to where no matter how much I love baseball if mlb 19 isn't better than 18 in every aspect I'm not buying anymore. They come out with patches to fix things and they end up breaking other things. In the last 3 games I've played in 18 I've had a routine fly ball go thru my outfielder's waist and go to the wall be cuz there was no triggered animation that the outfielder's have to reach up with there glove and catch the ball. I've also hate my centerfielder who had 89 speed jog over to a fly ball over even a grounder and the ball gets past him to the wall. Not to mention its been several years since the challenge call option was put in and still no option to challenge at any other base but first, unacceptable. I've had several instances where I stole second base and on replay I was safe cuz the fielders glove never even touched me but I was called out. Had that same thing happen at 3rd and at home plate. They need to stop focusing so much on Diamond Dynasty and start focusing more on the true fundamentals of the game of baseball. Also maybe pay a little more love to franchise mode as well. U see more companies implement the create a draft class feature but unfortunately SDS is more catered to the online user. I truly miss how games were made 10 -20 years ago. Also SDS please give the AI the ability to challenge plays.

Last edited by DukesofHazzard; 10-08-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB the show 19 or BUST

Agreed 100%!

MLB The Show is getting stale. I need to see new and fresh ideas injected into the game. Give us "franchise" players some love and go all out on this mode for MLB 19. I could care less about Diamond Dynasty. Focus on the game play and presentation as well. If I do not see any substantial improvements this might very well be the last MLB The Show baseball game I purchase.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

MLB 18 was probably the last sports game I play on release, RttS was kind of disappointing to me and the vanilla approach to Franchise will make me wait until the jury is out. I also would love to see animations improve specially in the batter's box, there is just too much jank and it has been an eye sore to me since I started getting back into the series several years ago.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
Banned

The animation system in the game is broken, flat out broken. They can say all they want about improved tagging and improved hitting, but if the animations aren't DRAMATICALLY improved, these legacy issues will continue to pop up.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #5
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I have to agree I love MLB The Show but lets be real here its almost exactly the same year after year! And there are lot of different reasons for this but for me the main ones are the graphics and audio!

Too my eyes and ears MLB The Show 18 on PS4 Pro is not even close to a night and day difference then it was on PS2!

Yes it is better but not where it needs to be at this point!

And I do not expect MLB The Show to look that much better on the PS5 either when that is released in a year or 2.

Last edited by tnixen; 10-11-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #6
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Agreed. Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat as me where not enough life has been added to franchise mode to keep me wanting to play the game. I don't have much faith in it changing either with the DD market being more desirable.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 10-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Agreed 100%, the lack of any attention to Franchise mode and legacy issues is frustrating. If it's ignored as has been the past few years as well as with patches/updates (although they release DD content all of the time) - I'm not buying.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:07 AM   #8
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

After skipping '18 completely, I really hope they give me a good reason (or several) to get back on the bus. If nothing else, I've proven to myself that I can skip the game if I feel underwhelmed. I was afraid I'd cave at some point during the summer, but nope. Hoping it was just a one year hiatus tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »