Home

Game Killing Double Teams by AI in 4thQTR (need help)

This is a discussion on Game Killing Double Teams by AI in 4thQTR (need help) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Game Killing Double Teams by AI in 4thQTR (need help)

Is there any way to turn off AI double teams in the 4th quarter? It is ruining my franchise.

The issue is here, I have LeBron James on my expansion team. He's usually having a good game going into the 4th quarter, so what happens is the AI begins to double team him every.single.time as soon as he crosses half court. This has happened in my last 3 playoff games. Unable to turn it off, I've had no choice but to take advantage of it. So in the last 3 playoff games against the Warriors, I've had miracle comebacks in the 4th quarter where we've scored 40+ points, and LeBron gets 9+ assists. JUST IN THE 4TH QUARTER. Due to these idiotic double teams.

I'm currently playing mygm on Superstar, any solutions to this problem would be highly appreciated guys. Other than this, I'm having an absolulute blast playing this game. But it is a HUGE problem. Hopefully there's something that can be done about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Game Killing Double Teams by AI in 4thQTR (need help)

No one else is having this problem? Does anyone here even play offline anymore? Lol
Old 10-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Something you could try if you can control all 30 teams is to set their Double-Team Perimeter settings to "Manual" instead of "Automatic." I don't know if that will mitigate it, but it might be worth a shot.

You should also submit the problem to 2K Support.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I had a similar issue so I would beat the double with a pass to my pg and then run a regular play and not take advantage of the scoring opportunity. It’s wack, but that was the only way around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Is there any way to turn off AI double teams in the 4th quarter? It is ruining my franchise.

The issue is here, I have LeBron James on my expansion team. He's usually having a good game going into the 4th quarter, so what happens is the AI begins to double team him every.single.time as soon as he crosses half court. This has happened in my last 3 playoff games. Unable to turn it off, I've had no choice but to take advantage of it. So in the last 3 playoff games against the Warriors, I've had miracle comebacks in the 4th quarter where we've scored 40+ points, and LeBron gets 9+ assists. JUST IN THE 4TH QUARTER. Due to these idiotic double teams.

I'm currently playing mygm on Superstar, any solutions to this problem would be highly appreciated guys. Other than this, I'm having an absolulute blast playing this game. But it is a HUGE problem. Hopefully there's something that can be done about it

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 10-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Something you could try if you can control all 30 teams is to set their Double-Team Perimeter settings to "Manual" instead of "Automatic." I don't know if that will mitigate it, but it might be worth a shot.

You should also submit the problem to 2K Support.
This... or turn ACE off (which I wouldn't do). Not sure there's any other way unless they decide to patch this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 06:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

There are significant issues with the CPU double team logic, and it’s not relegated to the 4th quarter.

If you play as the Warriors, CPU defenders will constantly run off their man to double Steph or Durant all over the half-court. While leaving Klay or Durant/Steph, depending on who they run to double team, wide open. At time, they will also run off the PF/C, leaving them wide open under the basket.

It seems marginally improved over last year, but the logic is still out of wack. Hopefully, Scott OG can improve this in a patch, or significantly reduce the amount of CPU double teams that occurs.

Honestly, defenders should never be running off their man to double team someone unless they are in the post, or it’s off a screen, with proper help defense/rotations behind them.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

There has to be a bug. No NBA team in history would double team LeBron (or anyone for that matter) when they were up huge in the 4th Q. They'd just let him get his and win the game by double digits.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

The AI in general suffers from a lack of situational awareness both on offense and defense, consider these clips on back to back possessions on HOF Difficulty

Now granted i have a 65 FT, but why would you double when I've picked up my dribble with 7 seconds left on the shot clock, not to mention Butler is on 5 fouls?
I made 1 FT and then this happened

AI calls an ISO postup for Towns which is the best option with Butler having fouled out, i deny the post entry pass so Teague instead of trying to take his man off the dribble just sits there waiting for Towns to get position and ends up having to jack up an awful shot at the buzzer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »