Home

Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

When The Neighborhood was introduced last year within the MyCareer mode in NBA 2K18, it didn’t...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

The link is broken.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
Rookie

I get a lot of peoples anger and it could probably be avoided if they put you in level based neighborhoods. Upgrading your player with real money is both good and bad. Some people just don't have time to play and have the money - they'll take the short cut which I guess is a good thing at least being able to do. But I get the anger as it seems like 2K is really forcing VC on you with everything, and that you load in to a neighborhood instance as a level 67 and every one is mid 80s and above. There's simply no way to compete that way which makes the online component worthless to many.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
The link is broken.
Fixed.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Ugh. This article is turning its nose up at and dismissing very legitimate criticisms of NBA 2K19's predatory and/or slimy game design choices in its MyPlayer mode.

Those are covered in more detail by both Luke Plunkett of Kotaku and Albert Burneko of Deadspin. I offer those two articles as a nuanced rebuttal of "embracing the grind".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #6
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
“2K Needs to Revamp the Grading System.”
Totally disagree with you on this area.* This system is so screwed up.* You constantly get dinged for things that are not your fault.* You ask for a pass when you are open but the CPU delays in passing it to you until someone is in between and then they pick the pass off.* Your fault you get a minus because you called for a bad pass, guess what, the person that passed it made a bad pass I was open when i asked for it!!!* Defensive rotations constantly give you minus grades.* Clearly there are many situations where you are getting picked and you can't get around it and its obvious their should be a switch but the guys goes right in and scores and its your fault for bad teammate switches.* That is the top most frustrating one of all.* If you are guarding a player like a SG or PG they get screens called for them all game and this will constantly happen to you.**

The game dings you for bad block attempts.* I mean what the heck, the guy is already shooting does it prefer you just stand there and watch or at the least jump up and try to distract the shot even if you are not in the best position to block.* I mean that is just stupid.* Jumping and letting a guy run around you I can understand but not the other.**

1 mistake should not cost you 3 minus grades.* For instance, you make a bad shot and fall down on the shot, so then you are late getting back on the play because it seems to take your guy 5 minutes to get up,* so you get minus sometimes 2 or 3 times while you run back for missing your assignment and if your assignment scores before you get back you can also get dinged for that too.* * Also the game will sometimes swap your assignment after substitutions and have your arrow on a guy you go to cover him and the arrow goes to the other side of the court and you get -- for missing assignment while you try and run over to the guy you didn't think you were supposed to be guarding in the first place.**

Nothing like putting up 60 points, 30+ of which you scored getting yourself open and gave your teammate an assist, have 10+ assists yourself and still end the game with a D or something team score because of all of the above issues.* Meanwhile you go to the locker room with a broken back from carrying your whole team on it the entire game.
Then there is the fact that the CPU goes right through screens so easy.* Every time I get a screen set I me if I don't see it coming and dodge it way early its like you get sucked in and stick to the player.* But if I have the ball and a teammate sets a screen for me the CPU jumps in front of it or goes right through it like Andre Drummond is a stick figure and not a 270lb dude.**

Now also add the fact that games seem scripted.* You can start a game and see sometimes that you will either blow out the other team, they will blow you out or the game will be tight the whole time.* It seems to always be one of those 3.* I played a team just now that was 1-10 and all of a sudden late in the second quarter they tied the game and were up by 2 going into the 3rd, from that point they made literally* 80+% FG's the rest of the game and 60%+ 3 pointers even when covered and won by 20+ points.* This is on All Star.**

On my second season I keep asking myself why I play MyCareer with all this frustrating stuff going on.**

Last edited by SGMRock; 10-04-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #7
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Without going into detail, this is pretty much just a load of crap

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Banned

How tf can anybody embrace this crap??? Seriously is this a real queation?? You literally have to grind so much for so little. This is the worst upgrade system in any grinding video game. This is the absolute worst way to implement a ‘RPG’ system into a basketball game. You can play any other RPG game and spend 30 mins and actually feel rewarded with new items and levels, etc.

In 2k you spend 30 min playing 2k just to even find a F**king PRO AM GAME. Let alone if you were to play 30 min in my career, all you get is like 3-5% cap breaker. You dont feel rewarded. How can you talk about embrace when your ****e game is broke?!? Its always 1 step foward, 2 steps back with 2K. You guys screw up the matchmaking in rec center and to make matters worse, YOU GUYS GOT RID OF SWITCHING PLAYERS ON DEFENSE. The point guard cant switch players anymore to get the right mismatches. Fix your crap game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »