Home

NASCAR Heat 3 Patch #1 Arrives Tonight For Xbox One, Soon For PC & PS4 - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 3 Patch #1 Arrives Tonight For Xbox One, Soon For PC & PS4 - Patch Notes Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 3 Patch #1 Arrives Tonight For Xbox One, Soon For PC & PS4 - Patch Notes Here

The first major NASCAR Heat 3 patch is scheduled to arrive tonight for Xbox One, later...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR Heat 3 Patch #1 Arrives Tonight For Xbox One, Soon For PC & PS4 - Patch No

Downloading now. Hopefully you dont have to restart career mode for the race simming stuff to take effect. Nice list of updates. Hopefully the little glitch/freeze I experience from time to time on XB1 is part of the fix.

edit: You do NOT have to restart career. Just popped into mine, the option to sim races is there. I must have misunderstood the paint scheme stuff though, because you still can not change your paint scheme in owner mode. You can change the colors, but not the actual scheme/pattern. Will report more on a race tomorrow, specifically that little hiccup I'd have while driving. No time to check right now.

Last edited by brandon27; 10-02-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NASCAR Heat 3 Patch #1 Arrives Tonight For Xbox One, Soon For PC & PS4 - Patch No

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Downloading now. Hopefully you dont have to restart career mode for the race simming stuff to take effect. Nice list of updates. Hopefully the little glitch/freeze I experience from time to time on XB1 is part of the fix.

edit: You do NOT have to restart career. Just popped into mine, the option to sim races is there. I must have misunderstood the paint scheme stuff though, because you still can not change your paint scheme in owner mode. You can change the colors, but not the actual scheme/pattern. Will report more on a race tomorrow, specifically that little hiccup I'd have while driving. No time to check right now.
When you sim a race, does it sim a result for your car as if you ran it or does it sim the race as if you did not show up for that race at all?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
"Added option to sim races."

Phenomenal, and much needed. This career mode will be much more enjoyable without the mandatory grind.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
When you sim a race, does it sim a result for your car as if you ran it or does it sim the race as if you did not show up for that race at all?

It sims the race as if you showed up. You still earn money. Points. Fans. Progress towards your contract goals.

As for the simmed results, you won't see them. Youll only see where you finished, and your earnings. While speaking on results, they don't seem to favorable to the player. I simmed two xfinity races, finished 37th, and 38th. Mind you my xfinity cars are only at 85 overall, but that seems a bit punishing. I'd like to see how it sims one of my truck races, because my team there is at 95 overall. I'm thinking after I run this Talladega Cup race, I should have another truck race on the schedule to see.

Last edited by brandon27; 10-03-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Got to a truck race. Before it, I upgraded my trucks all to 100. Simmed the race at Martinsville. Finished 13th. Have to sim a few more I guess just to see if that's a one off. Feel like I should get a higher finish with 100 OVR cars.

Seems when you sim a race, all you get after from other drivers is negative feedback as well. All 3 races I've simmed, I've gotten 3 messages from other drivers upset with my driving.

Not sure if that's intentional, or a glitch. Seems odd though. Something to keep an eye on.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It sims the race as if you showed up. You still earn money. Points. Fans. Progress towards your contract goals.

As for the simmed results, you won't see them. Youll only see where you finished, and your earnings. While speaking on results, they don't seem to favorable to the player. I simmed two xfinity races, finished 37th, and 38th. Mind you my xfinity cars are only at 85 overall, but that seems a bit punishing. I'd like to see how it sims one of my truck races, because my team there is at 95 overall. I'm thinking after I run this Talladega Cup race, I should have another truck race on the schedule to see.
I would have prefered an option to flat out skip races and not have them be simulated as if you were there. I'm mostly concerned about the ability to run select Truck and Xfinity races once I'm running full time in Cup.

It's dumb that the game forces you to either run every race or no race at all in any given series. Simulating takes away the obligation to actually play the races but I'd rather not have the races I choose to skip polluting my stats as well as earning me rivalries.

I find it quite weird that the career does not allow one to run only a partial schedule given that, in real life, NASCAR only allows drivers to run for the championship in one series and limits the number of races they are allowed to run in others.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

How is this game post patches offline career? Also racing are cautions done well and enough. How bout CPU cars, do they cause cautions and also have dnf's, engine problems, etc.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »