Home

Refs are blind

This is a discussion on Refs are blind within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Refs are blind

Where are the fouls in this game? I've seen several tackles where there was an obvious foul but no call. I have yet to see a penalty rewarded. I believe a foul slider would be the only fix. What is everyone's experience on this subject?

Last edited by JayD; 10-01-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Refs are blind

While this is an ongoing sore spot for the series, especially with anything other than a strict referee, it's a real problem this year. As you said, it seems collisions aren't resulting in foul calls when they should. That gives a little reason for optimism for fix from EA -- as much as they probably don't want to slow the game down too much, I doubt that want people getting mugged either.

The ideal solution would be a referee strictness slider, or better yet, multiple: fouls, cards, penalties, handballs. The idea of referee personalities is fine, but tweaking the baseline with global sliders would make it a lot better.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
While this is an ongoing sore spot for the series, especially with anything other than a strict referee, it's a real problem this year. As you said, it seems collisions aren't resulting in foul calls when they should. That gives a little reason for optimism for fix from EA -- as much as they probably don't want to slow the game down too much, I doubt that want people getting mugged either.

The ideal solution would be a referee strictness slider, or better yet, multiple: fouls, cards, penalties, handballs. The idea of referee personalities is fine, but tweaking the baseline with global sliders would make it a lot better.
I haven't seen a single hand ball either. Yes, I do have them on.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I’ve had the CPU completely just roll me over with no call. Lastnight during a good run the defender basically hip checked me to the ground with no call. It feels way too arcadey at times. Then I see a yellow for some random foul.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I've been browsing this forum for a little over a week now looking for a reason to buy or not buy this game. This thread is the clincher for not buying this game.

I've been on these forums bitching about fouls since FIFA 08. It's not going to happen. Sad thing is there were more than 75 goals scored in the World Cup off of set pieces, but I guess that doesn't matter to these clowns.

I'll end up buying it later for a significantly reduced price like I did in June with FIFA 18. No way is this game worth $65.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Und Lahm's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep. I've played plenty of games (8 min halves), with 0 fouls by either team.

I've found that using the L2 shielding mechanic just as the CPU is about to try a tackle is an artificial way of getting some calls.

I still enjoy the game quite a bit, and I wasn't going to buy it either!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2018, 07:24 PM   #7
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Und Lahm
Yep. I've played plenty of games (8 min halves), with 0 fouls by either team.

I've found that using the L2 shielding mechanic just as the CPU is about to try a tackle is an artificial way of getting some calls.

I still enjoy the game quite a bit, and I wasn't going to buy it either!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't call it artificial, you see players in every single game irl put themselves between the ball and the incoming player to draw fouls.

As for the topic, there's definitely less than last year and I do get the odd blatant foul not given but for the most part I don't have too many complaints. About 12 games into my career mode and I've won 2 penalties and quite a few free kicks around the penalty area/in dangerous positions when attacking, usually from 1-2's or quick passing and the defender catching my player as he tries to turn him or knocks the ball out of reach as the tackle comes in. Would like to see more in and around the middle of the pitch tho.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I haven't seen a single hand ball either. Yes, I do have them on.

I’ve seen one, which resulted in a penalty. But it was a pretty terrible call lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »