Home

2k19 is a great game but it isn’t fun at all

This is a discussion on 2k19 is a great game but it isn’t fun at all within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
2k19 is a great game but it isn’t fun at all

It’s been taken over by the tryhard no life sweaty bums

You can’t even jump on this game as an individual and have a chance to get a good record

This 2k is controlled by tryhards to the point where i could play park for 2 hours straight and not play ONE team on the RANDOM COURT that is actually randoms

There needs to be a squad and ranked park and a random park

This is insane

I shouldn’t have to play 2k and play ONLY dudes that have been a squad since 2k15.

This game is unplayable without good teammates and that makes this a bad 2k. Even if it is the best 2k gameplay wise in years. “Find some friends to play with” sounds easy until you work 330-1230 and can’t get anyone to respond to your looking for group post because your record is trash.

We all wanted a skill gap but we didn’t take into account that 80% of the community wouldn’t adapt to the skill gap but would still play 4000 games.

I literally haven’t played with an elite 2k player all year. Everyone is so conscious of their record nobody even wants to TRY without their buddies. And oh yeah no one is actually close friends on 2k. Everyone only plays with people with pre selected win percentages. It’s like dudes think who you play with on 2k is a career decision. If you can’t carry me to 90 win% we can’t play headass dudes. This 2k has brought out the worst in the community. I’m on the random court and dudes with a 15% win percentage are literally hopping off the spot like cmon dude are you serious.

This 2k is one of the worst 2ks ever because they made it only fun for people who only play with buddies. If you play with randoms on this 2k you literally cannot possibly have fun.
Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 09-30-2018 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: 2k19 is a great game but it isn’t fun at all

I don't play with randoms and this game isn't fun for me either. I have two characters now and doubt I'll be making anything else until a couple big changes are made. First the steals, mainly passing lane steals. Then bigs/wings being able to finish properly.

They do that I'm happy.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Online gaming is terrible all around its not just 2k, people are not. Going to play right it's like this in madden as well. If you want to play online you will either have to accept it, play offline or sell the game.

Dont count on 2k fixing this because it goes against what they trying to promote eleague wise. Personally I'm like the story mode but once it's time for online that's where my character will end and my offline mode of a great myleague will begin.

You gotta remember it's the people that make the gaming experience, I was playing a dude online the other day in madden, I won the game, I tell the guy good game, this clown says " Dont tell me good game I was messing up, that's why I lost" now granted we all been in the heat of the moment with a game, but when it's done that should be it, instead he made a poor gesture.

These games are being more and more geared to an all online, full microphone nature they forcing you to change the way you enjoy playing and either you'll except it or move on unfortunately. I chose to move on, theres other ways to enjoy a game, I grew up in the mid 80s we didnt have internet yet all our games where vs the CPU and we had a blast .

That's why I favor it so much to this day cause online play cant give me that true gaming experience because people just ain't gone do or play right. And that's bad in this day and age where a live human being still cant play as good as A.I
Old 09-30-2018, 07:59 AM   #4
Rookie

I said it to myself. Ive been buying 2k games since they were on the Dreamcast, and after this year, I wont buy another 2k game until they add matchmaking to the park. I play park exclusively and amount of time wasted just sitting there is dumb to me when I just wanna hop on play some quick park games.

The worst is when you have 2/3 guys on the got next, and a squad comes up last minute and now they're next because they got 3 people. Now that's more wasted time because I gotta find another court.

Another thing is these dudes that wont play with anyone who doesn't have lime green afro's, arm/leg bands and tattoo's all over and rated 92 and higher. My rating is a 90, i'll play with and against anyone, it does not matter. I also feel like the lower rated guys who don't buy all that VC, play better and have a better basketball IQ.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

I‘m having a lot of fun with the game when it comes to offline modes. I‘m playing a lot of MyCareer and Play Now games for now until the season starts and I‘m starting a MyLeague but I agree with everything you said about Park play. I haven‘t played online for over a week now because it just sucks having to wait and waste time over and over again just to play a bit. I wish they would change how the park works and get rid of that stupid Got Next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

Lol i swear it’s funny watching people run up to you and pull out their phones before deciding if they want to hop on a spot with you. It’s a freaking game that won’t matter in less than a year. I personally blame these Twitch/YouTube streamers. Their followers love to mirror them and their crappy atttitude/play styles.

On another note, it might just be me, but this game is a laggy mess. I went from having a great park record to a decent one because I’m constantly lagging. Don’t know if it’s the game, my router or a mix of both. I’m leaning towards the fact that there’s too much going on at the park. All of this stuff shouldn’t be placed in the same area. Last year version of park was perfect.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goledensilence
Lol i swear it’s funny watching people run up to you and pull out their phones before deciding if they want to hop on a spot with you. It’s a freaking game that won’t matter in less than a year. I personally blame these Twitch/YouTube streamers. Their followers love to mirror them and their crappy atttitude/play styles.

On another note, it might just be me, but this game is a laggy mess. I went from having a great park record to a decent one because I’m constantly lagging. Don’t know if it’s the game, my router or a mix of both. I’m leaning towards the fact that there’s too much going on at the park. All of this stuff shouldn’t be placed in the same area. Last year version of park was perfect.
Forgot to add the phone thing too, lmao. Its sad
Old 09-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #8
Banned

There needs to be a big sign right when you load into the Neighborhood that says "no crackheads allowed". That would clean out about 90% of the community. I swear all these people are on drugs or are using some camera angle with 0 visibility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »