Home

The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz

This is a discussion on The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz

It's that time of year again! New coach, new direction, new players. We've been through this once or twice in the last 20 years, let's hope this time around it ends differently.

Preseason Opener: Mon 10/1 at WAS
Season Opener: Wed 10/17 vs ATL

Despite KP's injury, there is a ton to look forward to this year.
  • Fiz's coaching debut for us. Hopefully he'll be a good mix of Woodson's accountability and new-school basketball strategy/philosophy.
  • Knox: he's been hyped up thanks to Summer League, let's see what he's got when the bright lights are on. I expect good things but am worried about his efficiency early on. I think we'll get some ugly shooting percentages.
  • Robinson: Good grief, could be one of the biggest second-round steals ever. I cannot wait to see this kid in shape and against NBA competition.
  • Frank: An underwhelming, though expected, rookie season. Does Fiz play him off-ball more often than not? I still believe Frank is, can be, and will be a point guard. I do think he's still a year away. I'm not expecting a ton from him this year but do expect some improvement.

Hezonja and Vonleh are the other two newcomers of note, plus Trier if you're one of those fans who's high on him; I'm not one of them.

PG: Frank/Trey/Mudiay
SG: Timmy/Lee/Baker/Dotson
SF: Knox/Hezonja/Thomas
PF: KP/Vonleh/Kornet
C: Kanter/Robinson

Curious to see our starting lineup to open the season. Do we go smallball with Knox and Hezonja in the starting lineup? Maybe Lance at the 4 (**gags**)? I can't imagine we role with Vonleh at the 4 and Kanter at the 5; that's the death-by-lack-of-spacing.

Outside of Frank and the rookies I don't think any of the younger guys will separate themselves this year; the Dotsons, Bakers, Mudiays of the roster.

Noah will be bought out. Lee will hopefully be moved for a 2nd rounder, and we'll keep our eyes on next summer to see if free agency will go our way for a change.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The 2019 New York Knicks: Feel the Fiz

35 wins tops
Old 09-26-2018, 06:26 PM   #3
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Looking at that lineup it seems like we may actually get closer to the top of the draft this year. I love it. Fiz has been saying all the right things, I'm excited to see Frank out there with more confidence, he's still rookie age, call last year a freebie. Agree on him being a PG, I think it's almost a necessity unless he gets his spot up shooting way up. His defense is going to be great 1-3 in a few years. Official height now 6-6. I have no feelings towards THJ at all. Another year of Kanter meming...for better or for worse.

Go Knicks!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPOcBXD...ource=ig_embed
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 09-30-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Knox looked pretty good last night playing within the flow of the offense. He sure makes it look easy. 13/10/3 and two steals.

Mitch looked good and in shape, even though he was only facing Mahimi. Frank looked like Frank. Hezonja is solid; he'd be a nice guy to keep on a cheap deal but someone will overpay for him.

I liked what I saw from Fiz's offense. All modern movement-heavy stuff. PnR, tons of screens, and handoffs.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't want to sound like a ***** especially because I want young ballers to succeed but I'm not seeing the love for Trier.

His decision making bothers me and I've seen him appear to blame others for what are his mistakes. Now that's pure speculation. He doesn't say it, he just looks like he's thinking it.

Simply not a fan. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

He's pretty bad IMO. I watched the entire SL and was surprised he got a 2-Way.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

https://nypost.com/2018/10/04/knicks...-been-craving/

Fizdale mentioned he wanted to bring team legends in, but I didn't realize they hadn't even been using the legend that travels with the team. What is wrong with this franchise?
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 10-05-2018, 08:04 AM   #8
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
https://nypost.com/2018/10/04/knicks...-been-craving/

Fizdale mentioned he wanted to bring team legends in, but I didn't realize they hadn't even been using the legend that travels with the team. What is wrong with this franchise?
I really thought the headline was a lie. But after reading Clyde's comments, the franchise is actually a bigger joke than I thought.

Not one guy thought it would make sense to ask the greatest Knick to offer help? There have been point guards and guard heavy coaches run through those halls and no one reached out to him?

Phil Jackson sounds like a bigger crook. Talking old school and chemistry all the time and ignores his former teammate that was instrumental in developing the entire idea of a team working together?

Almost makes it seem as if Phil was full of ****.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »