Home

Max Protect?

This is a discussion on Max Protect? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie

David129's Arena

OVR: 4
Max Protect?

How do you max protect on Madden 19 on PS4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 02:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David129
How do you max protect on Madden 19 on PS4?
Press L1 then it will give you the choice from Max Protect, Slide Left, Slide Right and Pinch bud
Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I figured I'd ask the question since OP got their answer.

Does anyone else feel like "max protect" when running the ball works like the old "aggressive " lins shift did. I've been using it for successful runs when I want the O-Line to really try and climb to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I figured I'd ask the question since OP got their answer.

Does anyone else feel like "max protect" when running the ball works like the old "aggressive " lins shift did. I've been using it for successful runs when I want the O-Line to really try and climb to the next level.

I haven't tried it yet regarding running plays. Playing as the Cowboys, my O-line does a great job of picking up their assignments, and I am playing on all pro with user sliders defeated.

I will say that since the latest patch, max protection is working somewhat better. However, it has been my experience that if you call for max pro in a shotgun formation with the tight end inline, it is advisable to also slide the protection to the tight end side. That way, your tight end won't be assigned to block an edge rusher by himself and blockers engaged in double-teams will do a better job of getting off those blocks and picking up blitzers as necessary.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

I use it a lot when running, sometimes it works I think but other times I don’t think it does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I use it a lot when running, sometimes it works I think but other times I don’t think it does
So that is good, correct? You don't want it to be automatic, right?
Old 09-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
Pro

I'm confused.

Max Protect should simply put any HBs, FBs, and TEs (when "traditionally" positioned in the backfield/inline) in a pass block assignment. It's functionally the same thing as calling pass block hot routes for each of those players individually.

On a non-draw run, it should have no effect, and might even screw it up by switching a run block assignment to a pass block assignment. Are you saying it has some additional effect in the run game? What happens to the player's play art when you use it?
Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
I'm confused.

Max Protect should simply put any HBs, FBs, and TEs (when "traditionally" positioned in the backfield/inline) in a pass block assignment. It's functionally the same thing as calling pass block hot routes for each of those players individually.

On a non-draw run, it should have no effect, and might even screw it up by switching a run block assignment to a pass block assignment. Are you saying it has some additional effect in the run game? What happens to the player's play art when you use it?
So before they added in max protect pushing up on the line shift used to do an "aggressive" line shift. It would have guys block more edge rushers and for run plays, linemen would tend to get to the next level more.

Whether or not that still has an effect on run plays is unknown. I feel like it still does, but obviously that could be placebo effect or a small sample size.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »