Home

Court Battles

This is a discussion on Court Battles within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2018, 03:33 AM   #1
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Court Battles

Anyone that's played this week has probably seen How They are promoting Court battles. I tinkered with it in the demo thought it was interesting but now that I fully understand it and see it as a fun (albeit slower) way to upgrade my player, I am seriously digging this mode.

You create one team that defends your court and it gives you a reason to spend time tweaking and making your court look cool and building a good team to defend it. you get players by earning them through play time or by buying them by earning in-game currency.

You can't put your 1 player on your Defender court but he can play against all the other court battles trying to win their courts. It's five-on-five asynchronous gameplay and the different options that can be set for rules and scoring are a nice Change-Up.

The person with the home court can earn different scoring methods that can be implemented per game as well as handicaps that can be assigned by the home court. you get to see what players and what handicaps and rules are available for each of the games and you can pick from virtually anyone to play against.

Although so far from what I've noticed they stay within your experience range. I am just finishing up rookie 0-4 about to become Pro 5-9 and it goes all the way up to Elite 25, for the challenge.

They're kind of like playground games but with a nice Pace good fun basketball. It's a nice change of pace from franchise and I'm actually liking it better than the player locked one mode to be honest at the moment.

Anyone else enjoying this mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Court Battles

I've been dabbling with it when Live Run gets tiresome as I make the slowwwwww march of maxing out my female Triple Threat. If there was a WNBA version of The League, I'd likely never have touched it, but it's been more enjoyable than I expected it to be.

The thing I dislike most about Court Battles is that everyone's using some combination of the same 10 or so players. I imagine this will be less of a problem as people continue to play and unlock more players.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

How cool would it be to challenge a player H2H for their court instead of their CPU avatar? When I saw the trailer for this, I assumed that was the case...

Great idea, but I feel that's the one misstep for an otherwise great idea. I can see the mode becoming a bit hollow after awhile.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
How cool would it be to challenge a player H2H for their court instead of their CPU avatar? When I saw the trailer for this, I assumed that was the case...

Great idea, but I feel that's the one misstep for an otherwise great idea. I can see the mode becoming a bit hollow after awhile.
I'm at L5 now and haven't really played it since.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
I've been dabbling with it when Live Run gets tiresome as I make the slowwwwww march of maxing out my female Triple Threat. If there was a WNBA version of The League, I'd likely never have touched it, but it's been more enjoyable than I expected it to be.

The thing I dislike most about Court Battles is that everyone's using some combination of the same 10 or so players. I imagine this will be less of a problem as people continue to play and unlock more players.
That's true was thinking the same thing... As you said hopefully it will evolve.

Also as noted above, yes would be good to have live court battles and I can see how that would be cool, I am happy to have an offline mode like this as I never play h2h
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I 100% agree with this suggestion. If they were to implement that option, court battles would probably be one of the most played modes this year. Well at least next to The One and Live Run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2018, 01:42 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendoPlays3
I 100% agree with this suggestion. If they were to implement that option, court battles would probably be one of the most played modes this year. Well at least next to The One and Live Run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Agree fully. Just 2 additionsl things IMO Court Battles NEEDS
- Team Jersey Options (doesnt need to be fancy can be all unlocked/beat teams jerseys from Pro Am Tour or NBA/WNBA jerseys)

- More Player Cards. Right now all of our teams have very similar lineups. Most use the Street Pro Am guys (youre a prime target lol, just saying) and if youre already Hype 25, you will see all same players as well. I know theyre are more to come down the line so maybe I just gotta be patient. My favorite mode on the game right now
Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
Agree fully. Just 2 additionsl things IMO Court Battles NEEDS
- Team Jersey Options (doesnt need to be fancy can be all unlocked/beat teams jerseys from Pro Am Tour or NBA/WNBA jerseys)

- More Player Cards. Right now all of our teams have very similar lineups. Most use the Street Pro Am guys (youre a prime target lol, just saying) and if youre already Hype 25, you will see all same players as well. I know theyre are more to come down the line so maybe I just gotta be patient. My favorite mode on the game right now
Sorry man, your court gives some great XP

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »