Home

NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Loved this thread last year and with most people having the game now it's a good time to get the new one started.

I would like to start it with a search for help: Playing with the Pacers in year 1 and looking for a guy who can take Bogdanovics starting spot.

Detroit started kinda well and with their contracts their basically in win now mode. I would like to take Johnson from then, but it seems like Bogdanovic straight up seems a bit much.
Do you guys can think of similar players where I could land something with the Pacers? Problem is that I don't really have space, so I have to part ways with Bogdanovic or Young.
Is there any guy on a rookie contract who could realistically be traded?

Looked for Bazemore, but really don't have anything the Hawks would be interested in their situation. Could definitely need a 3 and D guy, because Bogdanovic gets killed with cuts way to often for my preferred system. Now with defense really depending on the defensive skills of a player there is a new factor for trades. But really tough to figure something realistic out right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Kicking in a 1st round pick would make the trade with Detroit even, but Bogdanovic, Kennard and Bullock are all redundant.

Do not think they would accept the trade based on needs, but value is kind of equal this way. (Assuming you want to push for a playoff run, where the pick would be around #24 like this year).
Old 09-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Loved this thread last year and with most people having the game now it's a good time to get the new one started.

I would like to start it with a search for help: Playing with the Pacers in year 1 and looking for a guy who can take Bogdanovics starting spot.

Detroit started kinda well and with their contracts their basically in win now mode. I would like to take Johnson from then, but it seems like Bogdanovic straight up seems a bit much.
Do you guys can think of similar players where I could land something with the Pacers? Problem is that I don't really have space, so I have to part ways with Bogdanovic or Young.

Looked for Bazemore, but really don't have anything the Hawks would be interested in their situation. Could definitely need a 3 and D guy, because Bogdanovic gets killed with cuts way to often for my preferred system. Now with defense really depending on the defensive skills of a player there is a new factor for trades. But really tough to figure something realistic out right now.
Hawks with Baz is a interesting person as far as trade pieces go he is overpaid however he is a solid 3 & D guy. The hawks will / should trade him and despite his overpaid salary a lot of teams could use him. So they aren't going to trade him without getting back a 1st round pick. The team giving up the 1st round pick would give the hawks back a bad salary similar to the Pelicans / Bulls trade last year.

The pacers don't have any terrible long term salaries other then McDermott. I don't know what the pacers ratings are off the top of my head but something along these lines makes sense. We can come up with a little something else toward the pacers side if need be.

Pacers Get
Baz (18 mill)

Hawks Get
McDermott (7.3 ) and Collison or Bogd (whichever is the worst, 10 mill)
next years 1st (top 5 or 10 protected)

The hawks get a future 1st and shed salary also Doug fits the hawks mold which is shooters who cant play D. You get your 3 & D guy, the 1st likely isn't in the lottery and Baz $ comes off the books 1 year sooner then Doug. Without looking at ratings this should get you in the ball park.

Twitter
Old 09-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:

This is one of my favorite threads year-to-year, good to see it back up.

Bogdanovic is a player with an expiring contract and is a pretty solid bench guy, with below average defense. If he's going to go to a team, it'll probably be one that's fine with living with his hot shooting and not so hot D.

Contenders and playoff aspiring squads are his best suitors OR tanking squads who want to unload a player on a longer contract for the immediate benefit of a short term deal and free cap space next summer.

I like the Johnson for Bogdanovic trade idea or perhaps Winslow with the Heat for Bogdanovic. Both have been disappointments in the league and both could be expensive on their next contract -- Detroit could use the shooting, even if Kennard/Bullock provides it, they don't do it nearly as well as Bogdanovic and neither are (in my opinion) long-term pieces around Drummond/Griffin. Bogdanovic could be that.

The Heat desperately need cap space freed up for next summer and don't have many draft picks to their name thanks to the Dragic trade, so trading away Winslow for an expiring might seem a bit much, but Miami needs to be as free from cap concerns as possible -- if Bogdanovic helps them tank some, that's a plus, though I think he'd improve them enough for a fringe playoff spot.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Right now I'm starting like this: Oladipo-Collison-Bogdanovic-Young-Turner

Worst spots are the 2 and the 3. If I take that Bazemore deal georgiafan suggested I would have to find a way to replace Collison and take Bogdanovic out, too. And the Pacers just signed McDermott and so I don't think they would trade him again after 20 games.

For some reason I thought Bogdanovic's contract wouldn't expire this year, so I looked for ways to replace Collison and not him. But now I guess I'm back looking for a SF.

Winslow is one of my favorite players in the league and I would love to have him on the squad. But the Heat are actually performing good so far with him starting(4th in East after 22 games) and I don't think that Bogdanovic would be such a upgrade over the guys they have playing SF right now(Johnson and Richardson with Waiters also in the mix).
Feel like the Stanley Johnson one is the most realistic right now: Detroit is in the middle of the pack and could need another scorer. But there are 2 other ideas that came to my mind yesterday:

-Tobias Harris: Expiring contract. Clippers started that rebuild last year and are awful this year. Maybe there is a 3 team trade possible where I ship out Bogdanovic, get Harris and Clippers get 2 picks from each team?

- Evan Fournier: Not that much d, but more 3. Bigger contract on a awful Magic team that still doesn't have a PG. Thought there would be something possible around Collison, who could start for them at the 1 and would get them more space. But could be even worst with him defensively.

Right now I'm still leaning towards Stanley Johnson, but I don't want to rush it. Just looking for different ideas and input. I'm in 2nd right now with the Pacers behind the Raptors, so it's starting to feel like a "Why not us?"-year with Boston and Philly struggling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

I like Bogdanovic as a player and think that his defense actually improved quite a bit last year. He went from not being able to get on the floor in the playoffs against Boston when he was with Washington to doing an admirable job on LeBron in the playoffs last season.

His problem in 2K is that he is super slooooowwwww, especially in relation to the other guys that you're considering. Defensive skills wise he is actually just as good or better than them in a lot of defensiveness categories but his lack of speed and quickness basically kills all of that.

You can take a look at how they compare here: https://2kmtcentral.com/19/players/c...2583/2346/2473

I assume those rating are correct but I haven't actually compared them to the in-game ratings.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Here is a link to some sites I use when looking at things when I am not in front of the game

http://www.2kratings.com/nba-2k19-teams (good for overall player ratings, looks like Jeremys site is better)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/IND.html (for salaries)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine (to see if the math works for trades)

Twitter
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Right now I'm starting like this: Oladipo-Collison-Bogdanovic-Young-Turner

Worst spots are the 2 and the 3. If I take that Bazemore deal georgiafan suggested I would have to find a way to replace Collison and take Bogdanovic out, too. And the Pacers just signed McDermott and so I don't think they would trade him again after 20 games.

For some reason I thought Bogdanovic's contract wouldn't expire this year, so I looked for ways to replace Collison and not him. But now I guess I'm back looking for a SF.

Winslow is one of my favorite players in the league and I would love to have him on the squad. But the Heat are actually performing good so far with him starting(4th in East after 22 games) and I don't think that Bogdanovic would be such a upgrade over the guys they have playing SF right now(Johnson and Richardson with Waiters also in the mix).
Feel like the Stanley Johnson one is the most realistic right now: Detroit is in the middle of the pack and could need another scorer. But there are 2 other ideas that came to my mind yesterday:

-Tobias Harris: Expiring contract. Clippers started that rebuild last year and are awful this year. Maybe there is a 3 team trade possible where I ship out Bogdanovic, get Harris and Clippers get 2 picks from each team?

- Evan Fournier: Not that much d, but more 3. Bigger contract on a awful Magic team that still doesn't have a PG. Thought there would be something possible around Collison, who could start for them at the 1 and would get them more space. But could be even worst with him defensively.

Right now I'm still leaning towards Stanley Johnson, but I don't want to rush it. Just looking for different ideas and input. I'm in 2nd right now with the Pacers behind the Raptors, so it's starting to feel like a "Why not us?"-year with Boston and Philly struggling.

That Clippers idea has merit -- LA got Bradley and Harris as the centerpieces of that Griffin trade, but they also owe their own first to Boston this year or next (depending on where they finish). Jerome Robinson is actually coming along nicely in my MyLeague, I think he could be a starter by the 2020-21 season if he develops similarly to yours (right now he's about a 76 with 79 potential, so another year of development and he'll be right at starter threshold).

So if you shipped out Bogdanovic to LAC for Harris or Bradley (I'd prefer Bradley -- defensive savant, has experience in the East on playoff squads), sent them a protected 1st rounder (say top 10), they shipped off Bogdanovic to Philly for Robert Covington (whom you get), Philly's first (LAC get), and that gives Philly a shooting boost and another veteran they can use while unloading RobCo's contract (not favorable long-term).

You get back long-term salary in RobCo but he's a player who might have use for you as he'll be 8-9 on the bench rather than a 6-7 semi-starter with the 76ers. You can always turn down Bradley's TO contract next summer as well (I believe he's got a 2yr/24M contract with a Team option in year 2).

So you get Bradley+Covington, Bogdanovic goes to Philly for a 1st (lightly protected, future perhaps)+Covington, Clippers get 2 firsts and unload salary, embracing the tank.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »