Home

MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

This is a discussion on MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

But gameplay is as well. I have played about 30 games or so with Minnesota and any time, ANY ..TIME...that I make a wrong defensive move or get even just a LITTLE out of position, and the CPU shoots, it's AUTOMATIC make.

Why..

This doesn't happen in MyLeague, why MyCareer. I understand they want to make you pay for making a mistake, but no shot should be an automatic and I'm telling you, these shots don't miss...ever.

Does the AI miss shots? Sure. But not when you make a mistake on defense.

Also, on many plays if I'm shooting a FT and whether I make or miss it, my opposition guy is all the way down on the other side of the court and unless I grow wings, I'll never get there in time.

Then, the long pass bomb by the CPU...my opposition guy shoots, makes it, and I take the negative hit on the teammate grade for it.

Absolute bs. I can't move fast enough to catch him...cause I barely have finished my shot at the FT line! The **** is about as unfair as it comes.

If I check the "Scouting Report" on my opposition guy and he's a 3 pt shooter, then I'm going to go OVER on the screens, and when I do, he still shoots, automatic make and I get dinged for it. If he's a driver type player, I go under...he still shoots the 3 even if he's not that good...I get dinged for it.

I love the gameplay in MyLeague, but MyCareer is horrible with how you get dinged for the teammate grades.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-11-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MyCareer is extremely scripted, not only about storyline

What difficulty level are you playing on ?
Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
What difficulty level are you playing on ?
Playing on All-Star
Old 09-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #4
Pro

I haven't seen all the problems you mention, but I will say that playing myplayer on all star, the AI is way too lethal shooting open shots, as well as contested close in jumpers. Unless you have a hand IN THEIR FACE, it goes in at a crazy high clip. I don't think it has anything to do with the guy you are guarding. It's just that you can't leave even decent shooters open or they will make you pay. I think it needs a little tuning, but it does make me play a lot more alert on defense.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I haven't seen all the problems you mention, but I will say that playing myplayer on all star, the AI is way too lethal shooting open shots, as well as contested close in jumpers. Unless you have a hand IN THEIR FACE, it goes in at a crazy high clip. I don't think it has anything to do with the guy you are guarding. It's just that you can't leave even decent shooters open or they will make you pay. I think it needs a little tuning, but it does make me play a lot more alert on defense.
If I had time to clip video replays and show you of all the issues I would because it's bad. I stopped playing MyCareer last year cause of the automatic makes and went back to MyLeague.

Regarding your comment about all star. So you're saying that if I upped the difficulty from All-Star to Superstar or HoF that the AI wouldn't be so lethal shooting? I find that hard to believe honestly. Why would raising the difficulty make it so they miss shots more?

I played against the Nuggets and every time I got screened and couldn't make it over, my opposition guy shot and made the 3 every time. Then I got dinged on the teammate grade for it. Every time.

There are screen plays that you cannot get over every time especially if you're a small PG and you're facing a big man. Doesn't matter how good you are at the game. But yet, they make those shots and you get dinged for it.

I am beginning to believe that 2k has made it so some stuff you have no choice but to get dinged on so people don't get an A+ teammate grade every time and complain about it. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
If I had time to clip video replays and show you of all the issues I would because it's bad. I stopped playing MyCareer last year cause of the automatic makes and went back to MyLeague.

Regarding your comment about all star. So you're saying that if I upped the difficulty from All-Star to Superstar or HoF that the AI wouldn't be so lethal shooting? I find that hard to believe honestly. Why would raising the difficulty make it so they miss shots more?

I played against the Nuggets and every time I got screened and couldn't make it over, my opposition guy shot and made the 3 every time. Then I got dinged on the teammate grade for it. Every time.

There are screen plays that you cannot get over every time especially if you're a small PG and you're facing a big man. Doesn't matter how good you are at the game. But yet, they make those shots and you get dinged for it.

I am beginning to believe that 2k has made it so some stuff you have no choice but to get dinged on so people don't get an A+ teammate grade every time and complain about it. lol

I got an A+ grade in literally every single game I played in MyCareer in 2k18, and people were complaining about it being scripted then too. Maybe drop the difficulty level some until you get used to how defense has changed in 2k19?
Old 09-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I wouldn’t say it’s scripted at all but it’s definitely hard to guard players coming off a pick because if you go over they’ll drive to the rim and make it or they’ll shoot the middle which is automatic. If you go under, like you said they’ll splash the 3.

Your teammates do not make it better at all by helping you defend it. So I am still trying to figure out how to guard it. I am going to hate when I have to guard Kyrie or Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I got an A+ grade in literally every single game I played in MyCareer in 2k18, and people were complaining about it being scripted then too. Maybe drop the difficulty level some until you get used to how defense has changed in 2k19?
So your solution is to just "get good"? I do pretty well on All-Star in MyLeague. I'm a player that is between All-Star and SuperStar difficulty level.

I get irritated about the constant makes. If I get screened and you know damn well some screens are impossible to counter and you can't get to every single one. But when you do get screened and they shoot the 3, they make it every time and you get dinged for it on the grade.

That's one of the issues I have with the mode. Not whether I'm making mistakes or not or it's "too hard". They miss those shots sometimes in MyLeague, but in MyCareer it's an automatic and I'm not exaggerating.

Another thing that gets really irritating is anytime someone has a complaint about a mechanic or a flaw, it MUST be because the player isn't good enough or should lower the difficulty or something. That is not the case here. God that really annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-11-2018 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »