Home

Reason why FIFA Career mode got no love

This is a discussion on Reason why FIFA Career mode got no love within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Reason why FIFA Career mode got no love

Below is a quote in an interview with Matt Prior, FIFA 19 producer. He's basically stating that career mode did not receive much attention as there are not enough players to justify allocating resources to CM.

This is BS. It's because there are no micro transactions available in career mode.

https://twitter.com/FIFA_Infinity/st...03271782211585

Last edited by JayD; 09-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Reason why FIFA Career mode get no love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Below is an interview with Matt Prior, FIFA 19 producer. He's basically stating that career mode did not get much attention as there are not enough players to justify the resources.

This is BS. It's because there are no micro transactions available in career mode.

https://twitter.com/FIFA_Infinity/st...03271782211585
Nothing to see here. Back in fifa13 or maybe fifa14 the game menu urged me to try FUT "the most popular fifa game mode". That was the only time I've spent any time in FUT. Just a minute or two, trying to understand what the mode was about. I failed, it was incomprehensible to me at the time, lol.

It's basic marketing, if you WANT something to become popular, act like it already is and make people feel like they're missing out on something. I'm still not touching the mode, and I'm missing nothing.

Not saying that it's not popular today, I don't have the numbers. But since then people have also said that CM is very popular, and he's careful to say "from EA's point of view" which could mean anything.

Yes we all know it's all about the micro-transactions. They'd love it if all of us spent an extra couple of thousands after the initial sale. Dream on EA.

Looking forward to their upcoming legal battle with Belgium's gambling authorities. Pop corn in hand.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

BS. **** EA and their micro transactions. I'm fine by this decision. I will protest with my wallet instead. I won't be buying another EA Fifa soccer game. Instead I'll stick with the much superior product in PES. It has the more fun career mode and gameplay anyways.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Reason why FIFA Career mode got no love

Can a mod please edit "Get" to "Got" in the title?
Old 09-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Re: Reason why FIFA Career mode got no love

Which is exactly why I now only purchase a new FIFA title every other year, as opposed to every year like I would've done not so long ago.

There just aren't enough improvements to justify it.

The real shame is that despite this massive gap in the market that's ready to be taken advantage of, PES still aren't able to make a competent enough game for most of us to want to make the switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:28 AM   #6
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
Nothing to see here. Back in fifa13 or maybe fifa14 the game menu urged me to try FUT "the most popular fifa game mode".
now its the biggest EA game mode, across any of their games & has been the number one selling console video game in the world for a few years now. As much as i love career mode, EA cares little about what anyone in here thinks, they're doing fine.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 09-12-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
now its the biggest EA game mode, across any of their games & has been the number one selling console video game in the world for a few years now. As much as i love career mode, EA cares little about what anyone in here thinks, they're doing fine.

It's their biggest ONLINE game mode. I'd be willing to bet that the most played game mode OVERALL is still Career Mode. Makes them no more than the initial 60 bucks, tho, so it's not a priority for them. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger push for Career Mode improvements than I have this year, so I honestly think that FIFA 20 could finally be the upgrade we've been asking for.
#WeAreND
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
It's their biggest ONLINE game mode. I'd be willing to bet that the most played game mode OVERALL is still Career Mode. Makes them no more than the initial 60 bucks, tho, so it's not a priority for them. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger push for Career Mode improvements than I have this year, so I honestly think that FIFA 20 could finally be the upgrade we've been asking for.
Nope, FUT is the most played mode. By far. The devs have confirmed this at community and press events for at least the past 3-4 years now. IIRC it's something like 60+% play FUT and under 40% play CM.

Still, you're dead on - it's not about the reach and people who play the modes, it's about the insane $$$ that FUT brings in.

It's not a popular idea but I'll say it again - if we want a deep and higher quality single player mode, EA are going to need to monetize CM either through paid DLC or some other form.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »