Home

Why is Pass Coverage still so soft?

This is a discussion on Why is Pass Coverage still so soft? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-08-2018, 02:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Why is Pass Coverage still so soft?

Playing vs. the AI, my team can’t cover a soul. All-Pro, All-Madden, it doesn’t matter. The DB’s play so far off the ball that the CPU is doing the old >85% completion stuff again.

I mean really, who are these three deep guys covering? I’ve seen DB’s still in their backpedal after WR’s have made their break and the ball is thrown. I have people pointing at sliders, but I have literally tried five different slider sets from here and constantly seeing the same problems. Why does the CPU stick to their coverages so well but Human AI cannot? Is that EA’s way of making the game even? Why do my players not do this as often vs. other users?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 02:56 AM   #2
Rookie

dmslapped's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why is Pass Coverage still so soft?

I don't even think Cover 2 works correctly, unsure though.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Had coverage and qb acc right on launch but decided to pas it for ******s unfortunately
Old 09-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #4
Rookie

BattleMage!'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmslapped
I don't even think Cover 2 works correctly, unsure though.
It works pretty good for me (Tampa 2, anyway), when I have a good team. It does its job pretty much like it's supposed to: funnel passes to the short range, and then stand in the red zone.

Pass rush is way too weak though.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

For now I’ve dialed down WR catching to the 30s on all madden and I’ve been getting more realistic ai q.v. completion %s mostly in the 60s. Pass coverage seems to go back and forth a lot. They make it good at launch and people complain that dbs and lbs are warping 20 feet into the air and picking off passes, now they’ve dumbed it down and wr have too much separation imo. I feel like they got it right after a few patches in Madden 18, so I’m assuming a couple more patches and it’ll work more as intended
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleMage!
It works pretty good for me (Tampa 2, anyway), when I have a good team. It does its job pretty much like it's supposed to: funnel passes to the short range, and then stand in the red zone.

Pass rush is way too weak though.
Pass rush is what I really want them to work on. If I remember correctly watching the game Thursday night Matt Ryan played horrible and a lot of that I think was due to the fact that he was basically under pressure from the second the ball was snapped. I don’t want pass rush to be over powered, but the good pass rushers I just want to force more hurried throws. Seems like the only way to get a good consistent pass rush right now is blitzing a lot. Just my opinion though
Old 09-08-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattd785
Pass rush is what I really want them to work on. If I remember correctly watching the game Thursday night Matt Ryan played horrible and a lot of that I think was due to the fact that he was basically under pressure from the second the ball was snapped. I don’t want pass rush to be over powered, but the good pass rushers I just want to force more hurried throws. Seems like the only way to get a good consistent pass rush right now is blitzing a lot. Just my opinion though

The problem with this is that with pass coverage being so bad, it’s nearly impossible to cover with 5-6 guys.

What makes absolutely zero sense to me is that the CPU doesn’t seem to have these problems. Why can’t the AI for the Users Team function the same way as the CPU?
Old 09-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
The problem with this is that with pass coverage being so bad, it’s nearly impossible to cover with 5-6 guys.

What makes absolutely zero sense to me is that the CPU doesn’t seem to have these problems. Why can’t the AI for the Users Team function the same way as the CPU?
I feel the same. If sliders are equal everybody that is not human controlled should behave the same at least at a certain difficulty setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »