Home

MyCareer Issue with Early Release Date

This is a discussion on MyCareer Issue with Early Release Date within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2018, 04:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Early Release Date Causes Minor Realism Issues in MyCareer

This might be a minor issue and not a big deal to others but it is a realism killer for me. Add that with scripted storylines, but thats another issue.

I am not a MyCareer player at all mostly a Park/ProAM/pVp player. With the addition of earning more awards/VC playing on a high difficulty, I am interested in playing MyCareer. Add that with scripted storylines, but thats another issue.

Anyways,

I remember playing 2k18 around the same time, early September last year. As a Knicks fan, I wanted MyPlayer to play for the Knicks and so I picked them. Then a week after the game was released, MELO was traded to the THUNDER. In MyCareer I had to be around Thanksgiving time already.

I know this is a bad example because its not 2ks fault that a team made the trade.

But there are other slight turn offs because of realism. Another is player progression in the NBA. Yes, you can't predict who has a breakout season but every year the NBA is full of surprises. I am sure those who started their MyCareer on Day 1 had watered down Donovan Mitchell in their MyCareer.

I saw in the other thread that revealed Rosters in 2k19 and saw D Wade not on the Heat. Imagine playing for/against the Heat and IRL D-Wade signs and he isn't there? IDK it may be just me but its very annoying lol.

I know the solution many will say is , "Just start your MyPlayer on Opening Day in NBA IRL" but nah f that, I want to start MyPlayer and put him against people online.

A solution I thought of is

Don't allow users to start their season until they want to but still allow them to play online. Hope this makes sense. And when the user wants to start the season for their MyPlayer, load the Official 2k Roster to their game.

Again not a big deal, but I know I am not the only person that is bothered by this.

Last edited by nyccc; 09-06-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MyCareer Issue with Early Release Date

Man can you edit the edit of the thread pls?

I found it very misleading, sounds like there some gameplay/mode issues to be fixed with a dayone patch
Old 09-06-2018, 05:37 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This thread sounds like a personal problem. I could care less if Ben Simmons ends up being a sniper from 3 point land and in my career he still has a 45 rating from three just because I started my season before the real season started. At the end of the day all I want to do is get my guy good enough to play against other people online.

In my opinion There is very few people that will be “annoyed” that their my career mode has watered down players who break out in real life without notice. Nobody wants to wait that long to see that just to start their my career late with appropriate ratings for those break out players
Old 09-06-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Man can you edit the edit of the thread pls?

I found it very misleading, sounds like there some gameplay/mode issues to be fixed with a dayone patch
Will do! Didnt realize the mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
This thread sounds like a personal problem. I could care less if Ben Simmons ends up being a sniper from 3 point land and in my career he still has a 45 rating from three just because I started my season before the real season started. At the end of the day all I want to do is get my guy good enough to play against other people online.

In my opinion There is very few people that will be “annoyed” that their my career mode has watered down players who break out in real life without notice. Nobody wants to wait that long to see that just to start their my career late with appropriate ratings for those break out players
Just cause you don't want it doesn't mean nobody. And in the solution I put, i mentioned how they could give users an OPTION. You're right it is a personal problem that I am wondering if anyone else feels. I clearly state how minor it is and think it would be a nice feature. Ill just take your response as if you didnt understand or read what I said entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
This might be a minor issue and not a big deal to others but it is a realism killer for me.

Last edited by nyccc; 09-06-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

You aren't in the real NBA. Your "NBA" is a separate universe. Everyone playing must accept this. As soon as you begin it diverts from the real NBA because you are in it.

Do you also complain that Marvel movies aren't realistic?

Last edited by YoungBuck3; 09-06-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
Rookie

zyton's Arena

There are trades happening in the game anyway, so you never have the same rosters with the real NBA.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: Early Release Date Causes Minor Realism Issues in MyCareer

Can you do more than one MyCareer? If so, then maybe have the first one for online with little regard paid to the NBA side. Or, do one on another account on your console. Like have the main one you play with online. Then have like the guest account MyPlayer as the more NBA centric one you start around the season opening.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

So wait, trying to understand your complaint. You don't want the entire world to play MyCareer early because the team you want to start your career with might trade one of their star caliber players before the season starts?

I'm really having a hard time understanding this. Teams trade players throughout the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »