Home

Corey Harris: 2018 NBA MVP? - An Investigation

This is a discussion on Corey Harris: 2018 NBA MVP? - An Investigation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Corey Harris: 2018 NBA MVP? - An Investigation

So for some reason I assumed AI had entered the draft a couple years ago, but after seeing Johnathan Isaac and Frankie Smokes walk by during our...discussion... it became clear the scene was the 2017 NBA draft.

It got me thinking...

Fast forward to the 2018 NBA offseason and Corey Harris is starting on THE NBA Stars travelling team with Steph Curry, Giannis, AD & Lebron. The two biggest names in the sport, and the two young superstars with near unanimous approval from fans, and...Corey Harris?

The 2nd line is full of young up and comers who are mostly 1-3 time all-stars with bright futures: Porzingis, Towns, Lillard - the lineup you would expect a guy like Corey Harris to be on.

The 5th player on the 2nd line is James Harden, the 2018 (sans Corey Harris dimension) MVP and a clear superstar.

So my question is...

What the hell happened in the 2018 NBA season?

To start, there are two things that we can deduce must of happened, and one obvious question:

1) James Harden did not win the 2018 NBA MVP.

2) Corey Harris was ROY and made the all-star team.

There is no way that either the NBA or the reigning MVP would agree that it was a good idea for him to come off the bench - its a marketing trip, and the MVP would naturally be one of the NBAs most marketable players. Not to mention just from a standpoint of their personal brand, as a former 6th man, Harden would be especially sensitive about being put in that role.

As far as Corey Harris, he would need to have had one of the greatest rookie seasons in NBA history to have the level of fame required to be featured on that level - a simple ROY nod would not be nearly enough, as I doubt international fans were clamoring to catch a glimpse of MCW or Malcolm Brogdon and his very solid game.

So he must have done something spectacular. He must of made the All-star team. Something we havent seen a true rookie do since the 90s, when all time greats like Tim Duncan, Shaq & Grant Hill pulled this feat off.

From his ease at dealing with the press, its clear that Corey has been a star in the making for a while, and would have had maximum attention and exposure after getting drafted to the Lakers - imagine if you combined the coverage on both Donovan Mitchell and Lonzo Ball into one player and youre getting a rough idea.

So when he dragged them to a 27-30 record while putting up 18 a game through the all-star break - good but not great or all star starter level - Corey Harris got voted into the starting lineup by a rising tide of Purple & Gold fever, bumping out the 2017 MVP to the bench.

Russell Westbrook was not happy.

But its what happened when he got to the all-star game where the story of Corey Harris' wild 1st NBA season really gets interesting and we find out the answer to that one obvious question.

Why arent KD or Russ on the NBA stars team?

(lol believe me, I know this is ridiculous)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corey Harris.jpg (65.6 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by GK_11; 09-04-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
KP3
Rookie

Re: Corey Harris: 2018 NBA MVP? - An Investigation

Just gotta suspend belief my friend. There are a bunch of holes with this plot from the jump. Despite it's flaws it's still so far the most entertaining start for this story driven mode.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Haha yeah i know i actually really like it, just screwing around trying to fill in the blanks.

That first scene with Anthony Mackie alone was better than literally every scene from last year.

The look in his eyes - when someone is evaluating you but pretending youre just friends, like a job interview where the guy is too nice or a coach pulling you into his office to see if youve been working on your game - I dont know how they captured that.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

my good sir
Old 09-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

2k gonna 2k. Dont try to make too much sense. Just enjoy the gameplay lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Great post!
Old 09-04-2018, 03:01 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

dafuq are you talking about? who is corey harris? who is frankie smokes? is this some sort of myplayer Stuff?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Frankie Smokes is Frank Ntilikinas (French 2nd year G for the Knicks) nickname, Corey Harris is from the Prelude this year - your characters friend/rival/college teammate. Will make alot more sense if you play through the Prelude.

Anybody interested in part 2 btw lol? Its gonna be a lonnng couple days til this finally drops and I know im getting bored of trying to mine any useful info out of 2KU or pictures people took of their TV with tiny attribute caps lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »