Home

Remember when 2K games used to be released in October?

This is a discussion on Remember when 2K games used to be released in October? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2018, 03:31 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Remember when 2K games used to be released in October?

I think this is where they went wrong. Instead of spending more time to fix all the broken bugs and glitches in the game, they just wanna release 2k games earlier and earlier just to get all the money. Its also terrible because once you start MyCareer, the rosters are perm and alot of trades and signings in the NBA usually start in October. Why not just keep the same release dates so they can tweak the errors in game and release a fully complete game for the masses
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 03:39 AM   #2
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

Re: Remember when 2K games used to be released in October?

men whats the difference?
September 2017 2k18 - September 2018 2k19 - 12 months
october 2017 2k18 - October 2018 2k19 - 12 months
Old 08-25-2018, 04:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michdb8
men whats the difference?
September 2017 2k18 - September 2018 2k19 - 12 months
october 2017 2k18 - October 2018 2k19 - 12 months
lol exactly the shortening the release window would only be an issue when they first moved it back, after that it becomes a normal yearly cycle again
Old 08-25-2018, 06:04 AM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Close thread....
Old 08-25-2018, 07:06 AM   #5
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I'm not complaining. The gaming industry is NOTORIOUS for wanting to release all the good games in the last quarter of the year anyway (October - December) so any chance I can get to give my wallet some breathing room to replenish is fine with me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #6
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
I think this is where they went wrong. Instead of spending more time to fix all the broken bugs and glitches in the game, they just wanna release 2k games earlier and earlier just to get all the money. Its also terrible because once you start MyCareer, the rosters are perm and alot of trades and signings in the NBA usually start in October. Why not just keep the same release dates so they can tweak the errors in game and release a fully complete game for the masses
Great point. I agree.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

I liked it better when it was released on October. More time for the devs to work on the game, being released around NBA preseason. Still feels weird for the game to be released the first week of September??? Then when we see old bugs carry over to the new game, previous issues not addressed, or certain things we have asked for not added in the new game we will get - not enough time to add in, maybe next year. I understand its probably not a huge amount of things to add/fix with a extra month,but I would like to see the game go back to a October release, closer to the actual NBA season and extra time to find flaws/fixes before release.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I liked it better when it was released on October. More time for the devs to work on the game, being released around NBA preseason. Still feels weird for the game to be released the first week of September??? Then when we see old bugs carry over to the new game, previous issues not addressed, or certain things we have asked for not added in the new game we will get - not enough time to add in, maybe next year. I understand its probably not a huge amount of things to add/fix with a extra month,but I would like to see the game go back to a October release, closer to the actual NBA season and extra time to find flaws/fixes before release.
Do you guys think that the a "year" can only begin in January or something? Are you guys not realizing that a year is 365 days no matter when you begin it?

The roster thing, I can almost understand, but if that's your deal, just wait for opening day rosters to start MyCareer? Nobody is forcing you to do anything. You could wait until the trade deadline, or after the finals just to be 100% sure.

Lastly, I'm sure 2K has their reasons for an earlier release, you guys consistently forget that this is a game for us, but a business for them as well. Dates matter in the business world, and businesses usually don't change them arbitrarily. Did you see the see the lineup of games releasing in October? A lot of video game outlets are thinking Battlefield screwed themselves over because of how many other big games it releases around the same time as. People are saying NBA Live gets better every year, if you worked at 2K would you be willing to give your direct competitor a month long head start?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »