Home

Has anyone found a good speed threshold?

This is a discussion on Has anyone found a good speed threshold? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Has anyone found a good speed threshold?

So it seems in every post of sliders people have different speed thresholds set, some at 0, some at 25, others around the 50 mark. So my question is which one seems to fit best?

Especially for normal game speed because I know game speed matters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Has anyone found a good speed threshold?

0 is reality. Fast is fast and slow is slow. Speed threshold is only to adjust what’s considered fast and slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
Rookie

each set likes the threshold that they are using. try them.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:34 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm3174
0 is reality. Fast is fast and slow is slow. Speed threshold is only to adjust what’s considered fast and slow.

Other way around. 100 is the correct difference between fast and slow. 0 is way exaggerated.

At 0, slower players run 7-8 second 40s. The slowest in combine history is like 6.0.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Whoops, ty for correction adembroski....lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Other way around. 100 is the correct difference between fast and slow. 0 is way exaggerated.

At 0, slower players run 7-8 second 40s. The slowest in combine history is like 6.0.
I concur as well with your statement sir. Of all the speed parities that I’ve used, 100 is the closest to actual game speed. The NFL is called a game of inches for a reason. There isn’t that much separation in the current league because every player is fast in their own right. With it set to 100, guys like John Ross will still burn slower players but not at an exaggerated rate.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 08-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I think around 40 to 45 is the sweet spot imo. Gives good separation. Zero doesnt really work well in Madden because at times the game will slow your corner down & safeties for a split second & its lights out. Your guy is never going to catch the receiver, because the game for whatever reason decides to make your guy run slower or jog for no apparent reason. At 100 ive seen the Defensive ends play way unrealistic on the edges, especially stretch plays. I think at 100 it destroys the whole point of RPM. Just my .02 cents.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-21-2018 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So it seems in every post of sliders people have different speed thresholds set, some at 0, some at 25, others around the 50 mark. So my question is which one seems to fit best?

Especially for normal game speed because I know game speed matters
Allpro + arcade + Veryfast + 0 speed threshold + 27 CPU tackle + 65 User P/R Block = Exactly what you'd hope for

P.S. LEARN to play on broadcast view, running is easy and BEAUTIFUL in this view. The key to passing is this: like in real life, 80% of the time teams are targeting 5-20 yrds per pass, all you have to do for the deep pass is WAIT for the defense to play man coverage. The key to man coverage is to keep an eye on both safeties, when one safety is lined up inside the box (near the LBs) and the other is solo this is a BIG hint that the D is running man, however they also bluff man coverage just like in real life. Once you see man coverage and your WR has one on one, just let it fly and it will come down to a true WR vs CB battle. Broadcast is simply the best way to play, make you think your playing a different football game.

Last edited by 9thahardway; 08-21-2018 at 08:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »