Home

This Game Has Been Broken for 3 Years

This is a discussion on This Game Has Been Broken for 3 Years within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

R4ngerR4y's Arena

OVR: 1
This Game Has Been Broken for 3 Years

It's amazing how the same gameplay issues persist year after year. Now I'm not talking about the increased difficulty that seems to have appeared this year as that is just a welcomed challenge. However the constant "fumbles" on forward passes is ridiculous. I had a game earlier where my QB threw the ball FORWARD and hit a rushing linebackers helmet getting launched 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Fumble. Of course the defenders got there first and ran it in for a TD. The offense players always seem oblivious to fumbles even when they're trippin over the ball. Plus how many times have you challenged a catch and it wasn't overturned but the announcers call it as a good challenge and that the TD doesn't stand. Then go into replay and sure enough the receiver only had one foot down but doesn't matter the game glitched out or something. Speaking of announcers I'm not entirely sure they're even calling my game since they never seem to know whats going on. Sacks are incomplete passes and all sorts of random calls. And last but not least the broken real player motion that will make a receiver taking a natural step which would have two feet inbounds suddenly pull his back foot up an inch before touching like some kind of robo dance move. The basics are broken entirely. I also like the receivers who fall down, drop the pass, and the ball sits on their chest for 5 seconds before they roll over and the ball hits the ground being an imcomplete pass. Sorry guys I may or may not have just had a bad game and needed to vent lol. All these points are still true though. They need to quit focusing on making movie story modes for a sports game that has broken mechanics. Exactly why I didn't buy Madden last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: This Game Has Been Broken for 3 Years

Exactly why I have decided to pass yet again on Madden. Same game, different year basically. Instant replay has been broken for years now. They put a bunch of makeup and lipstick on it and release basically the same game every year with a roster update. And RPM...how many times are they gonna repackage that and call it something different?
Old 08-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The game is not "broken". Let's be clear here, broken means the game doesn't work. Period. That is different from flawed, a horrible playing game or even "buggy". Broken means you start it up and cannot get into, or complete a game. I think what you mean is the game has so many issues that for you that you cannot play it. But no, it's not broken.

In my personal opinion, while the game does have some issues that needs to be addressed (and will be) the game plays fantastic overall and I have played it extensively (over 100 hours) for the past few years. I already have 60 hours into the game this year and it is the best Madden to date.

P.S. If the game really was broken, as in unplayable, it'd be noted all over the place in reviews and EA would have a huge, highly visible public relations disaster on its hands, one look at the internet verifies that not to be the case.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you can think the game is terrible, bugged or flawed but saying the game is broken is factually incorrect.
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I would say Madden 19 is broken, or maybe loaded with problems is a better word. Not 18 or 17. I think 18 is a good game now. took a lot of patches, but i"m now enjoying it. For this year, I believe EA went over their head this year, AGAIN. Logistically, I'm trying to think what caused all the problems this year and the physics as most of you know, took steps back. I'd say, because they put a lot of their developers in the PC development, so that said, development for the consoles took a hit and we have a lot of problems at launch. Again.

This is lack of development time to meet street dates and the NFL pushes this game to be released on a timely manner. This is why I think it's important we finally see it coming out every two years so we can have polished product. With more platforms now to make for, not to metnion mac/ipad/android and so on, they can lose focus and the polish we need is gone. Back in the day, we had ps2 and xbox. And arguably, most people thought those games were better. Not to mention we had competition. Madden 19 is the epitome of what a sports game should not be, they went over their head, again.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

3?

Surely you meant; since PS3?..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I would say Madden 19 is broken, or maybe loaded with problems is a better word. Not 18 or 17. I think 18 is a good game now. took a lot of patches, but i"m now enjoying it. For this year, I believe EA went over their head this year, AGAIN. Logistically, I'm trying to think what caused all the problems this year and the physics as most of you know, took steps back. I'd say, because they put a lot of their developers in the PC development, so that said, development for the consoles took a hit and we have a lot of problems at launch. Again.

This is lack of development time to meet street dates and the NFL pushes this game to be released on a timely manner. This is why I think it's important we finally see it coming out every two years so we can have polished product. With more platforms now to make for, not to metnion mac/ipad/android and so on, they can lose focus and the polish we need is gone. Back in the day, we had ps2 and xbox. And arguably, most people thought those games were better. Not to mention we had competition. Madden 19 is the epitome of what a sports game should not be, they went over their head, again.
If the article floating around is accurate and ultimate team generates 800 million a year in revenue, being understaffed or not having enough time is no excuse in my books.

The game is definitely not “broken” but there is a lot of things wrong with it. New problems are understandable but these legacy problems are inexcusable at this point.

Everybody says 18 was great by the time it was all patched. I didn’t stick around that long last year. I’m currently having fun with 19 despite the flaws but I can already tell I won’t be sticking around all that long this year if things don’t change quickly either.

I’m a fairly reasonable person but in no way do I think that I should have to purchase a game in August filled with the same issues for a decade that becomes “good” in November/December.
I especially don’t think I should have to do that when it’s a massive company that is generating 800 million annually.

I just really don’t think it’s going to change. We aren’t going to speak with our wallets. I’m sure there are people that work at EA that would like to have more staff, more resources, probably better equipment etc... but EA is a business and the bottom line will always be to make as much money as possible.

It’s just such a shame to me that I accept madden as a “good” game when it reality it’s just ok. We can say it’s the best playing madden to date(I’d actually agree) but it just seems all in all as a total package that bar is pretty low. I’m not a 2k fan boy at all . In fact I’ve been accused of being a little apologetic for EA in the past but I just think if NFL 2k was still a thing madden would either be much better or getting whooped by 2k at this point. That realization makes me kind of sad.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Are you kidding me? The game has been an embarrassing mess since 2006. It’s the worst game on the market with a regular release. The only reason a single copy of it gets sold each year is because people love NFL. Madden sells despite the game it is; not because of it.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Nothing productive is going to come from this thread so I'm shutting it down now.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »