Home

Leave your questions for the Live Devs

This is a discussion on Leave your questions for the Live Devs within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Leave your questions for the Live Devs

Please leave your questions about Live 19. I've already left mine, same handle there. :-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBAlive/com...live_dev_team/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Re: Leave your questions for the Live Devs

This is great. Pretty excited to see the answers on a later date

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 08-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Somebody please ask the dev can we play on the streetball courts offline?
Old 08-17-2018, 03:03 AM   #4
Rookie

dewjo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcfinest
Somebody please ask the dev can we play on the streetball courts offline?
I posted the following comment on that board. Hopefully there is a response in the future:

Can we play on the streetball courts offline and/or in other game modes besides "The One"? I prefer to play basketball videogames where I control the entire team (5v5, 3v3, etc.), not simply player-locked to a single player. Yet in NBA Live 18/19, all of this great content (the courts, player legends, etc.) is not available for that type of play.

It's odd because the opening game of NBA Live 18 is one where you play basically a game at the Drew League court using NBA players, control your whole team, no player-lock and yet this is the only time in the entire game where you can play in that fashion on streetball courts.

Based on footage I've seen of NBA Live 19, it seems to be following the same design decision as the intro game appears to be a game of 3v3 on the "black" court where you control the team (no player-lock) with Shaq, AI, and Vince Carter.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewjo
I posted the following comment on that board. Hopefully there is a response in the future:

Can we play on the streetball courts offline and/or in other game modes besides "The One"? I prefer to play basketball videogames where I control the entire team (5v5, 3v3, etc.), not simply player-locked to a single player. Yet in NBA Live 18/19, all of this great content (the courts, player legends, etc.) is not available for that type of play.

It's odd because the opening game of NBA Live 18 is one where you play basically a game at the Drew League court using NBA players, control your whole team, no player-lock and yet this is the only time in the entire game where you can play in that fashion on streetball courts.

Based on footage I've seen of NBA Live 19, it seems to be following the same design decision as the intro game appears to be a game of 3v3 on the "black" court where you control the team (no player-lock) with Shaq, AI, and Vince Carter.

I hope they reply to the question. Not being able to play offline on the streetball courts is almost a deal breaker for me. I get bored quick being player locked to my player and not being able to control my whole team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

When are they going to post some responses?

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 08-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
When are they going to post some responses?

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly, what's the point of the devs answering these questions? The release date is so close. What's in the game is in the game by now and the answers will be divulged by those who make the release day purchase.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:20 PM   #8
Pro

I don't have twitter but I do have a few questions.

1. Will there be more variation in the dribble animations? Their system was great last year but lacked individual identity between differing players.

2. Will we have more control over layup animations, floaters, and sides of the basket to finish on? This was an aspect that disappointed me. Some of the new layup animations looked really slick but it seemed to be mostly determined by what the game chose for you. I really want that added level of control.

3. Can we have control for any player on your team to come set a screen vs it being predetermined? I really want to choose the player who can roll and catch a lob or the one that can pop and hit the 3.

4. Will the AI have better reactions to the dribble moves? Last year it seemed they would always bite on a hesi at the wrong time making it look unnatural.

5. How smooth will online play? Last year even though I played on a Pro with a great internet connection I experienced a lot of lag and jittery play early on making timing jump shots nearly impossible and prematurely ending my time with the game.

Not sure if this will get to anyone but it is questions and concerns I have. Some of these things being implemented or cleaned up would go a long way for the gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »